A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:29:58 am
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 184336 times)
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #270 on: July 08, 2021, 08:55:42 am »

I am curious about the 1st street side as well this all appears to be along 2nd St.  Do the apartment residents park in the office garage?

The garage is being permitted to include future residential parking, yes.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2021, 11:24:27 am »

The garage is being permitted to include future residential parking, yes.

I talked to someone who is familiar with the project yesterday.  The tower and garage podium will extend from 1st to 2nd on Greenwood.  Not ideal but there is ground floor retail space included at the corners of 1st and 2nd & Greenwood and the lobby areas will front Greenwood with a new streetscape that ties into the other streetscape improvements north of 1st.  

The apartments will take up the space between 1st and 2nd west of the office/garage and east of the Santa Fe Building and Hotel Indigo.  The buildings fronting 2nd will have ground floor retail space including a big corner retail/restaurant space like The View on Elgin.  There will be streetscape work along both 1st and 2nd between Elgin and Greenwood.  In all the project will have 30,000 sf of retail/restaurant space.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 01:41:43 pm by SXSW » Logged

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #272 on: July 09, 2021, 08:17:14 pm »

How the heck do you add an image to a post? lol. I see the "insert image" icon above where you type in the wording but can't seem to drag and drop, or insert an image into it that shows up.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #273 on: July 09, 2021, 09:36:10 pm »

How the heck do you add an image to a post? lol. I see the "insert image" icon above where you type in the wording but can't seem to drag and drop, or insert an image into it that shows up.

You can link to an image that is hosted somewhere else, by adding "img" before the http:// and "/img" at the end of the URL, but substitute brackets [] for the quotes in my example.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #274 on: July 10, 2021, 08:04:32 am »

You can link to an image that is hosted somewhere else, by adding "img" before the http:// and "/img" at the end of the URL, but substitute brackets [] for the quotes in my example.

Its not an image that is "hosted" anywhere else, I created it in photoshop on my computer.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2021, 01:35:10 pm »

Its not an image that is "hosted" anywhere else, I created it in photoshop on my computer.

You can upload it to your decopolis website and pull the pic from there or send me the pic and I'll upload it to our website and send you the link.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #276 on: July 22, 2021, 10:29:28 am »

New/different rendering:

from CallisonRTKL

They talk a bit about the building in this article from April:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90628880/the-office-of-the-future-is-outdoors?partner=feedburner&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+fastcodesign%2Ffeed+%28Co.Design%29

Hopefully the project looks more like this versus the other renderings given how much TIF money they are getting.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #277 on: July 22, 2021, 02:04:55 pm »

That looks better in the courtyard, albeit it's mostly a lot of empty space for "events". The foliage looks good, but you never know how well it actually gets implemented in reality. Still think the apartments on the left need to be more brick and more classic in nature. The stucco-looking elements cheapen it.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #278 on: July 22, 2021, 02:48:54 pm »

What a disappointment. Each iteration of this concept has gotten exponentially worse. The office building/parking garage is bland, but I'll accept it. The apartment block however... there's no excuse for that gaudy stucco/brick combo. It's like they decided they just needed to build SOMETHING since they've been sitting on this so long and went with something as cheap as possible. This is going to be an eyesore from day 1.

Unfortunately, this project has had all of the life cost engineered out of it and the as built version is going to be worse than this rendering.  And the actual space has much worse issues than the outside appearance.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #279 on: July 22, 2021, 08:24:06 pm »

Unfortunately, this project has had all of the life cost engineered out of it and the as built version is going to be worse than this rendering.  And the actual space has much worse issues than the outside appearance.

Reasons to remain optimistic about this project:
1. RTKL and Selser Schaefer are good designers
2. Elliott Nelson is heavily invested in this area and this is a legacy project
3. ARG generally develops quality projects (The Metro, The View, The Edge is ok)

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #280 on: July 23, 2021, 07:19:32 am »

I didn't get a photo last night, but the entire east side of the block under the tower/garage has been excavated at least 3 ft. already. Will be interesting to see what kind of foundations they are going to put in. I assume there won't be a basement level, so we'll probably see them start to set up piles in a week or two. I'm excited to see some vertical construction start on this thing.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #281 on: July 25, 2021, 10:48:56 am »

Reasons to remain optimistic about this project:
1. RTKL and Selser Schaefer are good designers
2. Elliott Nelson is heavily invested in this area and this is a legacy project
3. ARG generally develops quality projects (The Metro, The View, The Edge is ok)

Architects are only as good as how cheap the developer is, haha. The guys behind the office tower are pretty cheap and I am a bit afraid they've probably removed RTKL and cheapened up the project further based on the lack of renderings released. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will look more like the RTKL rendering.

ARG does build good apartments, they have built horrific street level retail in every building they've included it though. They have no clue in that regard and that's the most important piece to urban areas. It's really not that complicated to do, they just need to walk around a few cities with active urban neighborhoods and it's pretty easy to pick up on what makes retail successful in a multi-use property. Then they blame the market for not being strong enough when it has everything to do with how they build it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #282 on: July 25, 2021, 10:53:32 am »

Architects are only as good as how cheap the developer is, haha. The guys behind the office tower are pretty cheap and I am a bit afraid they've probably removed RTKL and cheapened up the project further based on the lack of renderings released. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will look more like the RTKL rendering.

ARG does build good apartments, they have built horrific street level retail in every building they've included it though. They have no clue in that regard and that's the most important piece to urban areas. It's really not that complicated to do, they just need to walk around a few cities with active urban neighborhoods and it's pretty easy to pick up on what makes retail successful in a multi-use property. Then they blame the market for not being strong enough when it has everything to do with how they build it.

The small-scale retail at the Metro is done well IMO

The jury is still out on the View but I like the large corner retail space and I know there is also a smaller retail space fronting Elgin as well as another on Archer east of the corner space

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #283 on: July 25, 2021, 11:06:29 am »

The small-scale retail at the Metro is done well IMO

The jury is still out on the View but I like the large corner retail space and I know there is also a smaller retail space fronting Elgin as well as another on Archer east of the corner space

My problem with the retail space at the Metro is unless you are walking along the sidewalk in front of the building you'd have no idea the retail was even there. It took them forever to lease those spaces for that reason and then they used that logic to take away retail in the View. I do find it ironic that there were literally thousands of square feet of retail spaces built out and leased around those projects but they somehow believe there's no market for retail downtown.

The View should have never been allowed to remove the retail along half it's frontage on Archer. It should have been retail the full frontage.

They just need to improve the visibility of the retail spaces, build out different facades or just make the spaces more visible. They are doing the same thing at the View where the retail space has no distinction from the rest of the building.

There will be a big contrast between the Vast building and the View. The Vast building did a great job at incorporating retail in the ground floor and certainly had no problem leasing the spaces. I bet the retail space at the View will sit vacant for a long time or will be leased to a more passive retailer like a bank or something less tied to high traffic volumes.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #284 on: July 25, 2021, 06:02:36 pm »

I have been told a restaurant is looking at the Archer & Elgin corner retail space at The View.  I've been in this space and it has high ceilings with big windows, it will be a great spot for a destination restaurant.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org