A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:31:52 pm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 184344 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #255 on: July 02, 2021, 07:55:17 am »

Construction appears to have started on this. Fence went up last week, and now there are construction trailers on site. Still in the setup phase.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2021, 09:40:05 am »

Construction appears to have started on this. Fence went up last week, and now there are construction trailers on site. Still in the setup phase.

Was it around the entire parking lot or just part of it? I haven't been down there in a few weeks. Doesn't look like there's any permits yet on the site but the portal has been a bit odd since the ransomware attack. I'd assume we should be seeing more of the construction plans soon then hopefully. I am a bit surprised with how quite they are being about the plans, especially now that they have the TIF bond approved and are close to breaking ground, why aren't they being more public about the plans - seems a bit sketchy but I have hope with some of the people in the groups involved it will be a good project but some of the group I have far less faith in them.

I'm hopeful this will be a good, as long as they get the street level right and doesn't end up being a massive parking garage over half the site. Given the way they did the TIF on this project there should have been way more transparency and public input - I'm incredibly disappointed in that given the risk the city is taking bonding costs upfront. If the developers are asking that, I don't care that it's Elliot Nelson as one of them, this should have been vetted in public more.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #257 on: July 06, 2021, 10:20:41 am »

They still have half the parking lot open. The fenced area is now full of shipping containers and construction trailers, so I guess it is just staging as opposed to actually breaking ground yet, but obviously that is imminent. Probably getting started as we speak now that the holiday weekend is over.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #258 on: July 06, 2021, 01:11:46 pm »

The office and garage portion are getting ready to start construction.  The multi family portion starts in the spring.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2021, 09:11:10 pm »

This is the rendering from the TW article.  Hopefully we see more but I liked the original version better

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2021, 06:04:14 am »

This is the rendering from the TW article.  Hopefully we see more but I liked the original version better

Ugh. Kinda makes me miss the parking lot.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2021, 07:45:44 am »

What a disappointment. Each iteration of this concept has gotten exponentially worse. The office building/parking garage is bland, but I'll accept it. The apartment block however... there's no excuse for that gaudy stucco/brick combo. It's like they decided they just needed to build SOMETHING since they've been sitting on this so long and went with something as cheap as possible. This is going to be an eyesore from day 1.
Jake
Citizen

« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2021, 07:52:00 am »

This rendering just makes me glad the WPX Building was anywhere remotely close to what its original renderings looked like.

Not quite as bad, but this reminds me of Cimarex.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2021, 08:00:12 am »

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/a-long-time-coming-work-begins-on-downtown-tulsas-santa-fe-square/article_60a7a4e4-df33-11eb-94dc-dfdabaac7aba.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

There's the Tulsaworld link for the rest of the details.

The concept is great. Elliot Nelson has been working on this for so long. It's just unfortunate they seem to be settling so much compared to the lofty ideas he threw around just a few years ago. Obviously the world has changed quite a bit in 17 years, but timeless design is still timeless, and ugly will always be ugly. I like the idea of a shopping corridor and returning this area into a lively neighborhood. If they could replace the white stucco with something else and add some kind of relief/interest to the apartment block between now and spring, that would drastically improve things.

I'm curious what the other side looks like now. This is the 2nd street side. They moved the tower from 3rd and greenwood to 2nd and greenwood, so this is right across from Whiskey 918
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2021, 08:08:35 am »

I'm curious what the other side looks like now.

Probably more of the same ugly.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2021, 08:12:07 am »

I am curious about the 1st street side as well this all appears to be along 2nd St.  Do the apartment residents park in the office garage?

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2021, 08:24:32 am »

So the newson6 story has a different rendering somehow, and this on is all brick? It looks SO MUCH better.

https://www.newson6.com/story/60e666fe134449730f1c5be6/new-santa-fe-square-development-breaks-ground-in-blue-dome-district
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2021, 08:30:56 am »

So the newson6 story has a different rendering somehow, and this on is all brick? It looks SO MUCH better.

https://www.newson6.com/story/60e666fe134449730f1c5be6/new-santa-fe-square-development-breaks-ground-in-blue-dome-district

I was told the city wants the apartments to be all brick.  The apartment designs are still conceptual as that phase won't start until mid-2022.

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2021, 08:45:58 am »

The office portion too.  Heard the tenant group is reaching critical mass with addition of a new name.  May be the same old noise - but worth keeping ears to the ground.

Anyone hearing similar things?

I wasn’t able to say it but this was when Hall Estill signed on. Their lease was the final piece of the puzzle.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2021, 08:54:13 am »

Doesn't look like there's any permits yet on the site but the portal has been a bit odd since the ransomware attack.

Search BLDC-090057-2021. That’s the permit for the office and garage portions. There are not yet plans available for download but they’ve been submitted.  You could probably go down to City Hall and get them.

Residential piece is not yet part of the permitted plans - slated for final phase like SXSW said.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org