A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:31:45 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 184378 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #210 on: February 05, 2021, 12:57:50 pm »

Last I heard the office portion, which was supposed to be Phase 2 after the hotel, was on hold due to needing a certain amount of space leased.  The rumor was that Laredo Petroleum was going to take a big chunk of space then decided to stay put in the BofA Tower.  Then potentially WeWork was looking at it but we know what a mess they're currently in.   

Santa Fe is pretty aggressively marketing itself to downtown tenants with soon-to-be expiring leases (mine included).  They still need more commitments to break ground.  The problem is they are now competing with WPX who has a 1/2 built building underway.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #211 on: February 07, 2021, 05:39:59 pm »

Santa Fe is pretty aggressively marketing itself to downtown tenants with soon-to-be expiring leases (mine included).  They still need more commitments to break ground.  The problem is they are now competing with WPX who has a 1/2 built building underway.

Yeah we need WPX to snag a big tenant then Santa Fe Square can get moving.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2021, 07:35:59 pm »

There's also GreenArch office building - I think they're building it 100% spec. Wonder if anyone has heard anything about if they have an anchor tenant or not.

My bet is Santa Fe Square's office portion is a while away barring some big announcement/expansion.

Anyone know anything about the TIF that was approved for Santa Fe Square? I'm curious if any funds have been dispersed to them yet or not and if there was any requirements put on by the city for them to build a certain amount on the site to qualify for it (most likely not, doesn't seem like the city ever tries to make people build what they promise when utilizing public money)

I was hopeful they were closer to breaking ground on the garage and other stuff back when they kicked the Blue Dome Arts Festive off the site. Kind of a bummer they did that and now have still yet to break ground on much of anything.
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2021, 11:26:25 am »

Heard some conflicting information, not sure which is correct. Hearing there's a tenant seriously interested in either the WPX building, or the Santa Fe building. Given that the WPX building is currently under construction and the Santa Fe development hasn't broken ground, I would assume they meant the WPX building.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #214 on: February 09, 2021, 03:31:08 pm »

Heard some conflicting information, not sure which is correct. Hearing there's a tenant seriously interested in either the WPX building, or the Santa Fe building. Given that the WPX building is currently under construction and the Santa Fe development hasn't broken ground, I would assume they meant the WPX building.

The WPX building is the linchpin for Santa Fe Square.  Not only for the office space but the residential as well.  I would say the Annex is also tied to both of these developments.  Exciting time for downtown if all these projects are able to get started.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2021, 06:53:28 pm »

Might depend too on lease expiration if it is a local company. Given the size of the Santa Fe office building they could probably break ground quickly and get it built within 48 months. So if the tenant is looking for something at the end of a lease and relocation they might be looking at both and just seeing which one makes better financial sense. I'm betting if Devon ends up leasing that building it will be in the $30 per sq. ft. range and I believe Santa Fe they are proposing someone around $22-25 per sq. ft. They were originally asking in the $30 sq. ft. range and once they moved the office portion back along Greenwood and cheapened up the look of it from the new renderings they dropped the asking rent range down.

The WPX building is the linchpin for Santa Fe Square.  Not only for the office space but the residential as well.  I would say the Annex is also tied to both of these developments.  Exciting time for downtown if all these projects are able to get started.

I've been wondering about the Annex. I'm betting if they're still moving forward that Reasor's is waiting for things to calm down with COVID before breaking ground on a new store. Really with those two holes of parking lots filled in the entire downtown will feel a lot more cohesive with the View, Vast, GreenArch, etc. all done. The last thing I had heard about the Annex was they were seeking approval from the State of Oklahoma to capture the states portion of sale taxes... essentially what a TIF would do from the city. I assumed that passed but never heard anything about it or much about the project after that. I think they were seeking that in 2019 so it was at least over a year ago. I believe an AC Hotel was going to be part of the project too with the residential tower becoming slimmer and more vertical to accommodate the hotel along the west quarter of the block. I'm sure most hotel operators are not super eager to break ground on new projects yet either.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #216 on: April 08, 2021, 06:14:33 pm »

There's some smoke that this thing may actually get out of the ground sometime soon. 
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: April 08, 2021, 07:00:30 pm »

There's some smoke that this thing may actually get out of the ground sometime soon. 

Wasn't it always supposed to start as The View at Greenwood finished?
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #218 on: April 08, 2021, 07:45:18 pm »

Wasn't it always supposed to start as The View at Greenwood finished?

The office portion too.  Heard the tenant group is reaching critical mass with addition of a new name.  May be the same old noise - but worth keeping ears to the ground.

Anyone hearing similar things?
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2021, 01:51:20 pm »

The office portion too.  Heard the tenant group is reaching critical mass with addition of a new name.  May be the same old noise - but worth keeping ears to the ground.

Anyone hearing similar things?

I would have believed that before the WPX news, but surely with the glut of office space available now that tower will be pushed back years. I just want them to start on the apartments this year and keep that train going.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2021, 09:00:21 pm »

I would have believed that before the WPX news, but surely with the glut of office space available now that tower will be pushed back years. I just want them to start on the apartments this year and keep that train going.

New office space is still somewhat desirable. The first thing to recover will be trophy and Class A assets.

Oddly enough I've heard the same thing that Santa Fe Square is only a few months away from beginning. I believe there's still some negotiation going on with the city and the related TIF. I was not able to confirm if Alamo Drafthouse is still part of the retail portion or if they're gone. I also didn't get much of a clue on who the office tenant(s).

Santa Fe Square has gotten close several times, so hopefully this is the time it all sticks. Having this hole filled in will really make a huge difference in the street level environment. You'll almost have full development all the way from the East Village through Blue Dome up to Cain's through Greenwood/Arts District. This and the BOK lots off Archer are the two biggest holes left to really fill in the neighborhood. 
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2021, 11:04:52 pm »

New office space is still somewhat desirable. The first thing to recover will be trophy and Class A assets.

Oddly enough I've heard the same thing that Santa Fe Square is only a few months away from beginning. I believe there's still some negotiation going on with the city and the related TIF. I was not able to confirm if Alamo Drafthouse is still part of the retail portion or if they're gone. I also didn't get much of a clue on who the office tenant(s).

Santa Fe Square has gotten close several times, so hopefully this is the time it all sticks. Having this hole filled in will really make a huge difference in the street level environment. You'll almost have full development all the way from the East Village through Blue Dome up to Cain's through Greenwood/Arts District. This and the BOK lots off Archer are the two biggest holes left to really fill in the neighborhood. 

Alamo is in bankruptcy. It's chapter 11, so not saying they are not still planning anything, but it's unlikely.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2021, 07:59:10 am »

The PAC lot where the Annex is proposed is another big hole.  I don't like to throw around the word "game changer" but fill that lot with a quality highrise residential project and urban grocery store like what was originally proposed and fill in Santa Fe Square with mixed-use apartments, retail and offices and the entire feel of the Blue Dome district will be completely different and much more urban and cohesive.  Then it would just be infilling some of the other lots like 2nd & Detroit, redeveloping the KOTV property fronting Elgin, renovating the brick warehouse at 1st & Elgin, etc

nxb33
Tourist

« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2021, 12:28:40 pm »

looks like there is finally movement

cityoftulsa.org/apps/COTDisplayDocument/?DocumentType=Agenda&DocumentIdentifiers=22429

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2021, 01:34:19 pm »

Any ideas who the "lead tenant" could be? It's going to be tough finding tenants for both the WPX project and this. I mentioned it before that I would love to see QT move downtown, but I highly doubt they have any interest.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org