A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:42:00 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 183734 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2018, 06:46:55 am »

That's kind of disappointing. The height makes it interesting, but the design is a lot more cold, uninviting, and less retail-oriented than the original. Parking entrances are given too much prominence, and I don't like the screens. Is that an open parking deck on the right?

Definitely a step back design-wise, but at this point I'll be happy when they break ground on anything.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2018, 07:15:11 am »

That office building is u-g-l-y.

What happened to the covered avenue with shopping?  Cry
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 07:54:55 am by hello » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2018, 07:35:36 am »

That is u-g-l-y.

What happened to the covered avenue with shopping?  Cry

I believe that's still planned.  The hotel is a small part of the project IIRC.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2018, 07:55:23 am »

1st & greenwood (vs 2nd & Elgin)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:09:59 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2018, 08:25:08 am »

Looks like the office building now has three levels of parking incorporated into building itself. I'm guessing prospective tenants didn't want to walk to the other end of the project to fight for parking with residents and retail.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2018, 08:32:10 am »

This office building will be catty-corner from Hogan Assessment on 1st and Greenwood?
I'm OK with it - it's not optimal but the Hartford building to the east is not much better looking.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2018, 08:40:14 am »

Ah, good catch. I just assumed this was at 2nd and Elgin without reading the description.

In that case... this will be pretty neat to have some height on that side of DT.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2018, 09:29:57 am »

This office building will be catty-corner from Hogan Assessment on 1st and Greenwood?
I'm OK with it - it's not optimal but the Hartford building to the east is not much better looking.

Just noticed that and figured it was 2nd & Elgin.  I didn't realize they had another office building planned at 1st & Greenwood, hopefully if that's the case it's the SW corner and they reconfigure the residential portion so there isn't a big garage along Greenwood.  If so then that rendering would be showing the view from Hogan Assessments with Hartford Crossing on the left (currently a parking lot) and the rest of Santa Fe Square to the right along 1st.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 09:46:51 am by SXSW » Logged

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2018, 09:50:35 am »

Just noticed that and figured it was 2nd & Elgin.  I didn't realize they had another office building planned at 1st & Greenwood, hopefully if that's the case it's the SW corner and they reconfigure the residential portion so there isn't a big garage along Greenwood.

Map and description say it's at 1st and Greenwood. This is a big improvement over what was planned there (was just a massive 1300 space parking garage). With everything going in at this intersection, it would be great to add to it so the corner can have more activity. The garage being up on 2nd through 4th floors is a great idea.

It'll be much better to build the various parking garages like this rendering shows so they can have parking for each building as they're completed and not have to either fund an immensely expensive 1300-space garage up front, or put it last and have a bunch of large buildings with no dedicated parking.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2018, 10:19:25 am »

Map and description say it's at 1st and Greenwood. This is a big improvement over what was planned there (was just a massive 1300 space parking garage). With everything going in at this intersection, it would be great to add to it so the corner can have more activity. The garage being up on 2nd through 4th floors is a great idea.

It'll be much better to build the various parking garages like this rendering shows so they can have parking for each building as they're completed and not have to either fund an immensely expensive 1300-space garage up front, or put it last and have a bunch of large buildings with no dedicated parking.

So this is a second office building for the project?

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2018, 10:21:41 am »

This is definitely an improvement to the NE corner of the development.  Does anyone know if this office building will go up before the proposed building at 2nd & Elgin?  A smaller building might be easier to get financing and the necessary pre-leasing targets to get started. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2018, 10:49:39 am »

This appears to confirm the 1st & Greenwood location for a second office tower at Santa Fe Square

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2018, 02:08:21 pm »

This appears to confirm the 1st & Greenwood location for a second office tower at Santa Fe Square

My "boo" is now an enthusiastic "yay".
Very cool
joiei
City Father

« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2018, 08:38:51 pm »

So long as they leave the ground floor facing the sidewalks for commercial development.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2018, 08:33:55 am »

So this is a second office building for the project?

Or 3rd/4th. They also renovated the santa fe depot building at the corner of 1st and Elgin into a small office building as part of this project and that was originally supposed to be part of the hotel.

The original plans showed the large mostly-office building at 2nd and Elgin and a very large mega-building that was almost an entire city block (part office) and then the large parking garage. Each building was to have all ground-floor retail except for the hotel and then apartments and/or office space above. Even the garage was going to have retail along 1st and 2nd.

Looking at the rendering again, it looks like it will still be a large parking garage taking up about the same footprint, but will only be 4 levels rather than the 7 levels originally planned. So not only will the building take out a quarter of that, it will be a much shorter building so that's a drawback  (so maybe only 500-spot garage now). Must've been to expensive.

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/AB8716BB-3952-469A-965E-A634B8E5900A.pdf
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org