A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:49:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 184380 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2016, 10:51:24 pm »

I think this is the most valuable land in Tulsa and you can wait out for privately financed development. The East Village wrap around is inevitable.

It's only been an empty parking lot for 50 years.

This is an excellent development. Let's do it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2016, 08:40:56 am »

Let's agree to the amount with the conditions that the TIF is canceled if project is not completed as designed in two years including all streetscaping according to the area plan on the streets surrounding the development (both sides) and that they set aside 10% of the units to be affordable.
johrasephoenix
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2016, 08:49:08 am »

Question on the last point - does Tulsa have an inclusionary zoning policy? 
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2016, 08:50:57 am »

Question on the last point - does Tulsa have an inclusionary zoning policy? 

I don't know, but with a PUD asking for a TIF, everything should be on the table.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2016, 09:23:16 am »

I don't know, but with a PUD asking for a TIF, everything should be on the table.

The moment a developer requests that tax payers give a direct subsidy to their development, the public has a right to scrutinize the project and require their input be considered on the final product...or lack thereof.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2016, 08:40:34 am »

Agreed and the current Blue Dome TIF is expiring. I don't see the problem here. This project once complete will drive even more development in the Blue Dome and East Village.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2016, 09:55:37 am »

I don't have the energy to crunch the numbers, but this development will be a game changer.  It'll truly transform downtown and specifically the Blue Dome, Greenwood, and East Village, since it's right at the intersection of all three districts.  There's a limit to the amount of tax incentives for projects that is reasonable, but this one is worth it if it is even remotely reasonable.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2016, 12:43:14 pm »

I hope it turns out to be as great as everyone seems to hope.

"At least it not parking lots anymore." is not what I want to think after it's done.

In any case, at least it won't be parking lots anymore.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2016, 12:53:08 pm »

I hope it turns out to be as great as everyone seems to hope.

"At least it not parking lots anymore." is not what I want to think after it's done.

In any case, at least it won't be parking lots anymore.

But that’s not quite as bad as “At least it’s not trees and rocks anymore"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2016, 01:06:04 pm »

Easy...you might get yourself elected mayor.
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2016, 03:17:15 pm »

This reminded me of the song "(Nothing But) Flowers" by the Talking Heads.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2016, 01:40:12 pm »

This development will be a real jewel for Tulsa.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2016, 01:24:54 pm »

Tulsa Mayor's Office Signs Off On East Village Development

TULSA, Oklahoma - The $150 million Santa Fe Square development project in Tulsa's East Village officially will move forward.
The city council approved the area between First and Second Streets and Elgin and Greenwood as a Tax Increment Finance District, and the mayor’s office signed off on that Friday.

With the TIF district official, the developers behind the project can move ahead with finalized plans that will include a hotel, retail and office space, apartments and a parking garage.

An exact timetable for groundbreaking is still up in the air, but hopes are sometime this year.

http://www.newson6.com/story/31744196/tulsa-mayors-office-signs-off-on-east-village-development

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2016, 08:14:19 am »

Awesome, this is huge news. I really expected this one to slip through the cracks. It's almost too good to be true.

We say it a lot, but it really feels like this project is a true momentum changer for downtown.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2016, 09:17:27 am »

Between this and the Nordam property we are about to see another huge jump forward for our downtown.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org