A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:27:58 am
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 185929 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2021, 07:12:23 pm »

Current status. The McNellies Pub Run was going on during this photo, hence the police cruiser.

They are already starting on the second level on one end. It's going together pretty quickly for cast-in-place construction. Lots of ramps and such to pour.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2021, 07:02:35 am »

Excited to watch this one go up and for the mixed-use residential portion to start next summer.  I’m hearing two 4 story buildings, all brick, with retail/restaurant space at 2nd & Elgin and along a new plaza fronting 2nd St.  There will be walk-up units along 1st St.  Renderings should be released soon. 

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #302 on: November 10, 2021, 03:58:46 pm »

Excited to watch this one go up and for the mixed-use residential portion to start next summer.  I’m hearing two 4 story buildings, all brick, with retail/restaurant space at 2nd & Elgin and along a new plaza fronting 2nd St.  There will be walk-up units along 1st St.  Renderings should be released soon. 

Where would these walk up units be? I'm having a hard time visualizing how they fit in with everything else.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #303 on: November 10, 2021, 06:09:57 pm »

Where would these walk up units be? I'm having a hard time visualizing how they fit in with everything else.

Just west of the garage fronting 2nd St

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #304 on: November 11, 2021, 01:50:29 pm »

Just west of the garage fronting 2nd St

Do you know if they will have flex space that someone would be able to have say an art studio or some sort of business - essentially like a live/work unit versus just an apartment with a walk up entrance from the sidewalk? It would be awesome to see them as live/work units and have some small businesses along 1st versus it just be dead space with apartments.

I did read in a Tulsa People article I think a month or so ago that Elliot is going to put in a "fine dining" concept that will open to the plaza... not sure how much other sq. ft. they are dedicating to retail beside that but hopefully space for a few others. Hopefully they build out patio space into the plaza so the plaza does not just become one of those vacant voids many of them become.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2021, 12:02:23 pm »

Do you know if they will have flex space that someone would be able to have say an art studio or some sort of business - essentially like a live/work unit versus just an apartment with a walk up entrance from the sidewalk? It would be awesome to see them as live/work units and have some small businesses along 1st versus it just be dead space with apartments.

I did read in a Tulsa People article I think a month or so ago that Elliot is going to put in a "fine dining" concept that will open to the plaza... not sure how much other sq. ft. they are dedicating to retail beside that but hopefully space for a few others. Hopefully they build out patio space into the plaza so the plaza does not just become one of those vacant voids many of them become.

I meant 1st Street, sorry for the confusion.  The garage is at 1st & Greenwood and the walk-up apartments will be due west of that structure.  Not sure about the live-work units but that would be great to see.  Hopefully once this development is complete there will be additional infill on the other side of 1st east of McNellies/Albert G’s including the cool old vacant brick building at the NW corner of 1st & Greenwood.

The retail/restaurants will be focused along 2nd St including the 2nd & Elgin corner and all around the plaza at 2nd & Frankfort with outdoor seating.  It should be a really fantastic public space and ties into all of the new and planned retail developments along Frankfort north of 5th St (Phat Tire/Boxyard/NEFF Brewing/Poppi’s/East End Village).

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2021, 11:23:27 am »

This was taken just before Christmas. This thing is already filling up the area. 8 more floors to go!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2021, 01:02:02 pm »

ARG, the developer of the multifamily portion of Santa Fe Square, will be starting that project this summer.  Look for additional renderings of that one to be released soon but will be very similar but only 4 stories in two buildings - classic brick facade but with more ground floor retail space.  I know ARG is also looking at another downtown site as well as a site in midtown for market-rate apartments in addition to their projects in DFW and Austin.

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #308 on: December 31, 2021, 05:06:37 pm »

I know ARG is also looking at another downtown site as well as a site in midtown for market-rate apartments in addition to their projects in DFW and Austin.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2022, 04:30:47 pm »

Getting pretty big now.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2022, 01:35:40 pm »

This has a very big impact on the surrounding area already. With this and the WPX building plus other infill, blue dome/arts are starting to actually feel like a decently dense city
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2022, 08:08:28 pm »

This has a very big impact on the surrounding area already. With this and the WPX building plus other infill, blue dome/arts are starting to actually feel like a decently dense city

Just wait until the multifamily portion of Santa Fe and PAC Annex are under construction.  Still hearing both will start this summer.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #312 on: February 10, 2022, 11:17:25 pm »

Renderings:

I like the sign, feel like it would look better on the corner along Elgin, kind of blends into the office building given its height.

I'm disappointed in the retail facades, ARG really does not seem to be able to hire an architect who can design proper urban storefronts. It's going to be a super block of bland monochromatic storefronts now. I think the brick on the apartments will look nice though, that part of the View is very nice and at least doesn't make the building look super cheap compared to a lot of wood frame construction. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #313 on: February 11, 2022, 04:45:16 pm »

I think the sign will be cool to see over the plaza and looking down Frankfort Ave.  like the retail awnings, that will be a nice touch in the summer before the trees that are planted are tall enough to provide enough shade.  

The buildings are both four stories tall but with the taller retail level they will seem like closer to 5 story buildings which will make a big visual impact along Elgin, 2nd and 1st.  
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 09:41:02 pm by SXSW » Logged

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #314 on: February 11, 2022, 05:21:35 pm »

That looks so much better. I think the tower needed more attention since the parking garage is so exposed, but it is what it is. At least the main pedestrian area looks great now. The sign is a nice touch.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org