A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:04:08 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 183737 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2019, 08:29:41 pm »

I have been thinking about this development and how it seems they are "waiting for the right moment" to build more housing, office and or retail.  But it seems to me that they risk being too cautious as other developers continually make the jump before them, all this seems to do is have the Santa Fe Square people go, "Oh well we better wait for the market to absorb/catch up again because that new development has put more on the market"... then as time goes on, another development happens, and so on. If they want to build this, seems to me they are going to have to go for it or others will continue to instead.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2019, 07:57:53 am »

Yeah, Tulsa DT development has been in a log jam for years now. Feels like so much has happened and been done in the last few years, but really if you look around and compare to some other cities it is obvious that there just isn't a ton of demand. As we've discussed on here many times before, most of the new office space is just local offices moving around and maybe expanding a little. Most of the new apartments are just sucking people in from the outer boroughs.

This project and the PAC lot seem to be at odds with each other since they are both huge projects that will bring a lot of housing and retail to the DT market all at once. Meanwhile all the other development is kind of just keeping pace with the normal demand. We need something big to come along and give a proper push to get these projects moving. Most years it seems like we are just fighting to stay good enough to keep our current employers from jumping ship to Texas or wherever... Got to get moving on some fresh initiatives to bring companies here that are getting priced out of California or Austin.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2019, 09:15:52 am »

Yeah, Tulsa DT development has been in a log jam for years now. Feels like so much has happened and been done in the last few years, but really if you look around and compare to some other cities it is obvious that there just isn't a ton of demand. As we've discussed on here many times before, most of the new office space is just local offices moving around and maybe expanding a little. Most of the new apartments are just sucking people in from the outer boroughs.

This project and the PAC lot seem to be at odds with each other since they are both huge projects that will bring a lot of housing and retail to the DT market all at once. Meanwhile all the other development is kind of just keeping pace with the normal demand. We need something big to come along and give a proper push to get these projects moving. Most years it seems like we are just fighting to stay good enough to keep our current employers from jumping ship to Texas or wherever... Got to get moving on some fresh initiatives to bring companies here that are getting priced out of California or Austin.

Especially with the oil & gas industry being pretty stagnant right now it will take some new companies expanding or moving to Tulsa to fill up this development.  170k sf of office space is a good amount.  Though like I posted before WeWork is leasing 200k sf in Bentonville so something like that could potentially work here.

From Loopnet:
Nelson & Stowe Development presents a new lifestyle shopping area within a mixed use development featuring a brick-paved pedestrian plaza lined with 80,000 SF of first floor retail, restaurant, and office space.

I assume the pedestrian plaza is the extension of Frankfort between 1st and 2nd.  I hope this remains part of the project because it breaks up this super block, and extends Frankfort which is a small existing retail cluster downtown with Fleet Feet, Lee's and the Boxyard.  

The development will also feature a 105 room hotel, 291 apartments with a rooftop pool, and 170,000 Sf of executive office use space.

Obviously the hotel is already finished.  291 apartments is large but not excessive, seems like ARG could get The View underway and still start this project which won't deliver until 2022.  

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: September 30, 2019, 06:39:53 pm »

Especially with the oil & gas industry being pretty stagnant right now it will take some new companies expanding or moving to Tulsa to fill up this development.  170k sf of office space is a good amount.  Though like I posted before WeWork is leasing 200k sf in Bentonville so something like that could potentially work here.

Multi-billion dollar company built on a house of cards.  They - WeWork - are already well down the "implode path".  Will be interesting to see how long it is until Chapter 11.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #199 on: September 30, 2019, 10:05:03 pm »

Multi-billion dollar company built on a house of cards.  They - WeWork - are already well down the "implode path".  Will be interesting to see how long it is until Chapter 11.

Yes much different story now than a few months ago.  According to this article they are still a go for their Bentonville office which would be the closest one to Tulsa, not sure about any future expansion however

https://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/128458/bentonville-wework-still-a-go

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2019, 01:19:39 pm »

Yes much different story now than a few months ago.  According to this article they are still a go for their Bentonville office which would be the closest one to Tulsa, not sure about any future expansion however

https://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/128458/bentonville-wework-still-a-go

Alfred E Neumann is gone now....er, uh, Adam...yeah, that's it...Adam is gone.  Rest of the company probably be gone soon, too.  $47 Billion valuation - Wow!, do I ever want some of what those people were smoking!   Coulda had IWG at only a couple times earnings!   Not 25+ !

Who is next?   Uber...??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2019, 07:25:32 pm »

Didn't care to give up my email to get past the paywall.  What?  Got another "Semron" here?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: October 03, 2019, 07:27:57 pm »

Didn't care to give up my email to get past the paywall.  What?  Got another "Semron" here?

/edit- I'd never heard of them before today did a bit of snooping.  Doesn't look real solid:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/03/wework-layoffs/

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2019, 07:44:24 pm »

/edit- I'd never heard of them before today did a bit of snooping.  Doesn't look real solid:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/03/wework-layoffs/

I've set up two offices at WeWork sites in cities where we have too few employees to require a real office. It good for my company, but I have no idea how they can ever make money. It's a real estate company pretending to be a tech company.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 07:46:17 pm by swake » Logged
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2019, 02:38:14 pm »

I've set up two offices at WeWork sites in cities where we have too few employees to require a real office. It good for my company, but I have no idea how they can ever make money. It's a real estate company pretending to be a tech company.

You get a much better IPO for a tech company than a real estate company.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2019, 08:58:26 pm »

One big problem is they have no assets...if you are gonna be a real estate company that would seem to imply you have some real estate...

There is a guy on LinkedIn who is absolutely torching them, while showing a lot of the holes in their entire system, and doing it in a pretty funny way.  Talking about the "Dude" culture they built...

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2019, 10:13:39 pm »

One big problem is they have no assets...if you are gonna be a real estate company that would seem to imply you have some real estate...

There is a guy on LinkedIn who is absolutely torching them, while showing a lot of the holes in their entire system, and doing it in a pretty funny way.  Talking about the "Dude" culture they built...

Unless you call hundreds of overpriced longterm leases "asset" instead of a liabilities. It's crazy.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2019, 10:25:09 am »

Unless you call hundreds of overpriced longterm leases "asset" instead of a liabilities. It's crazy.

Exactly what they did... 

Not much has changed since 2000's when all the crazy stuff sent us into mega-recession....no, it was a depression!

Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2021, 08:59:30 am »

Heard through the grapevine that this Santa Fe Square development is picking up momentum again. Unfortunately I don't know any specific details, but apparently it's being looked at. Anyone hear anything about this?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2021, 10:17:48 am »

Heard through the grapevine that this Santa Fe Square development is picking up momentum again. Unfortunately I don't know any specific details, but apparently it's being looked at. Anyone hear anything about this?

Last I heard the office portion, which was supposed to be Phase 2 after the hotel, was on hold due to needing a certain amount of space leased.  The rumor was that Laredo Petroleum was going to take a big chunk of space then decided to stay put in the BofA Tower.  Then potentially WeWork was looking at it but we know what a mess they're currently in.  

My understanding regarding the residential portion is that ARG, who developed Tribune Lofts, The Edge and now The View, was going to start planning and design work once The View was underway and construction once the The View is completed.  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org