A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2018, 04:27:47 pm
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 239514 times)
rebound
Philanthropist

« Reply #1320 on: November 27, 2018, 10:40:22 am »

That Parker building might not have anything salvageable underneath. It looks horrible with the old terra cotta stripped away and the mod podge modern features on bottom and top added on. I don't understand how they thought that looked better than leaving it as-is. Maybe was cheaper than rehabbing.

So, I had to find some pics of the original building to compare:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/tulsadecodistrictok/photos/?tab=album&album_id=601813590025081

It would be interesting to know what is left underneath there, if only for future consideration.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
Philanthropist

« Reply #1321 on: November 27, 2018, 02:20:58 pm »

So, I had to find some pics of the original building to compare:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/tulsadecodistrictok/photos/?tab=album&album_id=601813590025081

It would be interesting to know what is left underneath there, if only for future consideration.

Nice find! I looked around and couldn't find anything. Thank you for posting!

The top of the Parker building was fantastic! I love those Gothic Revival features that look like a cathedral. The lower part doesn't look like there could be much but I'd guess the old ornate features remain at the top (the cornice?), but might need a lot of work to preserve. I hope someone does that before too long.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1322 on: November 27, 2018, 03:40:22 pm »

Nice find! I looked around and couldn't find anything. Thank you for posting!

The top of the Parker building was fantastic! I love those Gothic Revival features that look like a cathedral. The lower part doesn't look like there could be much but I'd guess the old ornate features remain at the top (the cornice?), but might need a lot of work to preserve. I hope someone does that before too long.

There have been proposals over the years to turn this into a hotel.  Maybe the new owners would want to restore the original facade?  It would probably have to be a pet project by a local developer instead of an out-of-state entity to make it work.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
Philanthropist

« Reply #1323 on: November 28, 2018, 01:03:36 pm »

There have been proposals over the years to turn this into a hotel.  Maybe the new owners would want to restore the original facade?  It would probably have to be a pet project by a local developer instead of an out-of-state entity to make it work.

Seems like a lot of hotels at this point! I know we were far behind demand though. I just hope whoever owns it restores the cornice to how it was originally. That was a gorgeous gem and would add a lot to the civic pride of those who use the building. How it is would be like putting modern kit-car panels over a classic Bugatti.
MostSeriousness
Activist

« Reply #1324 on: November 29, 2018, 08:05:50 am »

Does anyone know if a business is still going in the first floor of the Archer Flats? Fingers crossed for a coffee shop.

I took a tour not too long ago, and the property manager said that a few businesses were still in talks, but nothing confirmed. Not sure if the intent was to have multiple shops setup or something, or if they're just doing good ole negotiating
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org