A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:49:10 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whole Foods coming downtown?  (Read 4281 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: August 23, 2015, 07:59:24 pm »

I keep hearing rumors about them looking at 10th and Main area?

Anybody know anything?

Power is nothing till you use it.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 09:15:13 am »

I keep hearing rumors about them looking at 10th and Main area?

Anybody know anything?

Their price costs would fit perfect with what people pay to live Downtown.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 09:24:46 am »

I have no actual info.

So far as I know, there isn't a 10th and Main (edited to clarify, in my head that little stretch is 11th. I had to look it up to see that the road I commuted on for years becomes 10th for 5 blocks)--- but in the area where it should be there are tons of surface parking lots owned by churches.

But it would seem odd to put a grocery store downtown that would be walk-able to nearly no one (until Harringtons is up and running). Further to the south and there are lots of residential buildings. Further to to the north and you have all the condos going up in the east vend/bluedome and brady. Maybe splitting the difference is the plan, but forcing everyone to drive seems odd.

Still, hope a major grocer goes in downtown - or at least a QT market or Braums Market.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:26:14 pm by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:10:05 am »

So far as I know, there isn't a 10th an Main --- but in the area where it should be there are tons of surface parking lots owned by churches.

Two of the four corners of 10th & Main are occupied. And the empty corners are on blocks that are otherwise half occupied.

EDIT: Actually, the SW corner has a building but it may be unoccupied.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 10:46:18 am »

I have no actual info.

So far as I know, there isn't a 10th an Main --- but in the area where it should be there are tons of surface parking lots owned by churches.

But it would seem odd to put a grocery store downtown that would be walk-able to nearly no one (until Harringtons is up and running). Further to the south and there are lots of residential buildings. Further to to the north and you have all the condos going up in the east vend/bluedome and brady. Maybe splitting the difference is the plan, but forcing everyone to drive seems odd.

Still, hope a major grocer goes in downtown - or at least a QT market or Braums Market.

Lol....Not walkable...How do you figure.....Huh

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 11:44:42 am »

Lol....Not walkable...How do you figure.....Huh

Where would 10th and Main have people walk from?  TCC?  The churches?

You know people in Oklahoma won't walk that many blocks for groceries.  We move our cars to go from one store to another at Tulsa Hills.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 12:14:18 pm »

Where would 10th and Main have people walk from?  TCC?  The churches?

They would walk from the parking lot.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 12:26:44 pm »

They would walk from the parking lot.

Yes, they would do that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org