A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:31:02 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attic/House Fan  (Read 10828 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 01:06:55 pm »

Learning to operate a Skid-Steer Loader (Bobcat) was one of the funnest "chores" Ive ever had to do.  You can rent them and have them delivered to your door.
Resist the urge to yell "destroy" in a robot-like voice, though, least you scare the neighbors.

Hydraulics can be fickle.  You can over-operate the controls and it goes into a kind of a fit where the whole machine just shakes violently with you trapped inside.  Just let go of all the controls until it calms down.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 11:54:32 am »

If you decide to go through with it and need a Sawsall, give me a call. No reason to buy one for one project.

Getting new toys,...er, uh, tools...is one of the best parts of do-it-yourself projects.  Right up there with saving all that money....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 12:02:38 pm »

Learning to operate a Skid-Steer Loader (Bobcat) was one of the funnest "chores" Ive ever had to do.  You can rent them and have them delivered to your door.
Resist the urge to yell "destroy" in a robot-like voice, though, least you scare the neighbors.

Hydraulics can be fickle.  You can over-operate the controls and it goes into a kind of a fit where the whole machine just shakes violently with you trapped inside.  Just let go of all the controls until it calms down.

I have wanted to get hold of one of those for a long time.  I don't think it is going to be big enough for the holes I have to dig.  I have three roughly square holes 6 - 7' deep, 75' x 75' to dig.  With a 45 degree slope on two of them - third can be vertical.  Then, since I have been "canal inspired", I have a total 400' long trench, 5' deep and 12' wide to dig....if SWMBO will let me....It will curve, too for some esthetic interest.

Have used a backhoe quite a bit in the past and that is a huge amount of fun!  Am also looking for one to buy right now....have a brother in law who has one that looks like a very good deal...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org