A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:27:39 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some major retailers pick Tulsa over Oklahoma City  (Read 16315 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2015, 04:00:32 am »

Maybe that was it, anything to protect the children from seeing such evil and vile things.

Yea, you don't want children seeing food.  Food addictions and abuse kill about 8 times more people in Oklahoma than alcohol does, not to mention blindness, amputations, and other debilitations it causes.  Best to ban it and keep it out of sight.  That liberal cry for "education and responsible, healthy eating" crap is absurd.  Families are being destroyed and children right now are being harmed by food abuse.  We have got to have stricter laws keeping it away from people.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2015, 04:19:17 am »

Yea, you don't want children seeing food.  Food addictions and abuse kill about 8 times more people in Oklahoma than alcohol does, not to mention blindness, amputations, and other debilitations it causes.  Best to ban it and keep it out of sight.  That liberal cry for "education and responsible, healthy eating" crap is absurd.  Families are being destroyed and children right now are being harmed by food abuse.  We have got to have stricter laws keeping it away from people.

Forgive me William, I should have said I was being snarky and sarcastic. But what you said reminds me of back in the early 80's when Tulsa Cable had the "Escapade" channel and then the "Playboy Channel" there as a group called "The Green Country Society for Decency" that wanted Tulsa Cable to not carry those channels, and the one woman that seemed to be in any interview was the same woman complaining about the strip clubs that were at 21st & Hwy 169 that could not say the word "condom" to save her life. She called them "comderums" and claimed people were "doing things" in her front yard, and leaving them in the street.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2015, 07:49:10 am »

Forgive me William, I should have said I was being snarky and sarcastic. But what you said reminds me of back in the early 80's when Tulsa Cable had the "Escapade" channel and then the "Playboy Channel" there as a group called "The Green Country Society for Decency" that wanted Tulsa Cable to not carry those channels, and the one woman that seemed to be in any interview was the same woman complaining about the strip clubs that were at 21st & Hwy 169 that could not say the word "condom" to save her life. She called them "comderums" and claimed people were "doing things" in her front yard, and leaving them in the street.

Oh, I got ya.  I was adding to the snark.  Wink

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org