A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:03:24 am
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump  (Read 237683 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #645 on: October 17, 2016, 01:56:29 pm »

Maybe I should claim that I felt molestered by the many many seasons of apprentice.  "Reality" TV is donkey-in-a-glass and makes me feel bad-touched.

Clean your remote control with bleach.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #646 on: October 24, 2016, 09:05:26 am »

So I did a little research on the discussion of Ford moving production of it's small cars, the Focus and C-Max, to Mexico from it's plant in Wayne Michigan.

True - This part is true. Ford is moving the production of the Focus and C-Max to Mexico.

False - This will mean the elimination of 4500 to 5000 jobs at the existing plant.

Ford believes that this is not a zero sum game in that the production of the Ranger and Bronco will be more profitable than producing the Focus and C-Max, and the "consummate business man" is either a liar or a fool, or hasn't bothered to do a little research.

Thank you!!!   FINAL-f'ing-LY, someone has looked beyond the Faux News BS and found some truth!!!  dbacks has shown to have a thinking mind in the past, and continues nicely today!

This is the biggest problem I see in politics (life in general?) today - no one is going beyond the sound bite!  While one may never get the whole truth on any given topic, one CAN get much more of the truth than just listening to a single information point!  And that applies to ALL media, not just Faux News - they just seem to have a particularly pernicious hold on the Oklahoma mindset for some reason.  My feeling is that it goes to the fact that the less educated one is, the more 'conservative' one tends to think/vote/act.  Which we see graphically illustrated here on a grand scale - we have always been near the bottom at funding/supporting education, and now we ARE the bottom...even below Mississippi !!  And the polls show that Oklahoma supports Trump at 60%+.   Cause meet effect...

If one goes beyond the sound bites of everything Trump (and the Murdochian Clown Show) says, one finds on occasion what might be one tiny little grain of "truth" wrapped in a global scale layering of BS and lies.   And even when the main leads - Kenneth Starr and David Brock - in a huge part of the effort to discredit the Clinton's have come out loudly and solidly about how their 'job' was to lie, deceive, distort, and make stuff up about the Clinton's....and how they regret their part in that Hijacked Republican Party effort...and have recanted the entirety of what they did...well, the story still makes the rounds in one of the offices I work in that they had Vince Foster assassinated with a high power rifle from hundreds of yards away!  All BS, of course.

And of course, the other side does the same thing, but on smaller scale - "city" scale as opposed to global - one of the biggest of concern to me is their ongoing efforts related to the 2nd Amendment, as discussed elsewhere/everywhere....

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:11:27 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #647 on: October 24, 2016, 09:16:18 am »

One news outlet over the weekend said that if Trump refuses to concede the election (assuming he loses, of course) it will provoke a constitutional crisis. I tried to find the basis for that statement but came up empty. He's already setting the stage to challenge the election legitimacy.

If he doesn't concede, what then? I'd assume the Electoral College would meet as usual and cast their votes. Is there any way for Trump to legally bar electors?

About the only way Trump could challenge anything would be through a Supreme Court payoff like was done in 2000 election.  If he could get 5 of them to go along - highly unlikely - he could mount a challenge perhaps, but since we have a vacancy where the previous one went along 16 years ago, don't think it will happen.   But then again, Trump does have a lot of money...just ask him!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #648 on: October 24, 2016, 09:51:29 am »

Another thing I hadn't considered was the effect of his "rigged votes" claim, a claim made entirely without evidence, and its effect down ballot. I think Pennsylvania Sen. Toomey is concerned that if he wins while Trump loses, the vote rigging claim could impact the legitimacy of his votes too.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #649 on: November 09, 2016, 02:04:37 am »

Please change thread title to President Trump.....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #650 on: November 09, 2016, 08:23:58 am »

Pedophile in Chief.

Nothing changes what he admits to being.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #651 on: November 09, 2016, 08:47:13 am »

Pedophile in Chief.

He'll spend half his time during the transition in court.  How much time will he spend while he's the sitting President?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #652 on: November 09, 2016, 09:44:18 am »

Pedophile in Chief.

That's not fair. He does NOT admit to that.  There are plenty of fair things to criticize him for, no need for hyperbole. Its bogus when "they" do it, so its bogus when "we" do it.

Credit where do: he gave a gracious acceptance speech last night.  I dislike his campaign and have never liked him, but I get to spend a few months being hopeful that he took his campaign to where he needed to in order to win - but will govern pragmatically. The Oval Office beat the "hope and change" our of Obama pretty fast. So lets not throw President Trump under the bus before he has even had a chance to screw up.

I'm curious to see what his actual plan is with:

1) Obamacare.  Obviously they will try to throw it out (again). But, its entrenched. There are 13,000,000 people who receive healthcare from Obamacare, and millions more under expanded medicaid. Hospitals, doctors, insurance companies, drug companies, and others all profit from it.  Republican states as well as Democratic states get kickbacks/subsidies from it. Not too mention it has notched up health metrics. I predict it will be changed, declared victoriously dead, and the meat of the program will basically remain.

2) Immigration. Obama removed more illegal immigrants than any president in history. Bush added more border guards and built more border security than anyone else. The much hyped "wall" is a spruce goose, Trump's smart enough to know that (tens of billions of dollars for no benefit). But if he leverages that hostility to get Mexican side enforcement (which President Hoover tried) AND goes after illegal employers, maybe that different approach will work. But he needs to reassure and reach out to legal immigrants, I know lawyers, professors, and engineers that are nervous.

3) Russia.  Russia was the first foreign country to congratulate President-elect  Trump and the Duma erupted into applause at the news of their new comrade.  But Trump may need to distance himself because of the perceived closeness and establish a "tougher than Obama" image. It could backfire for Russia. Tough guys often don't get along.

4) NATO. Hopefully Trump understands the importance of allies. He has a point that many NATO countries are not living up to their commitments as far as military spending. Lets hope he is trying to shake them into action, but quickly reaffirms the US Commitment before we risk a real war in eastern Europe.

5) Economic Policy. No way anyone really thinks the issue in America is that the richest don't have enough and need more tax breaks, while at the same time gathering hordes of rural poor to a populist banner. No way an actual businessman (and Republican) fails to understand free trade.  I can certainly see deregulation back to pre-great-recession levels. I can also see increased infrastructure spending as an economic stimulus.  But the tax plan he released creates unprecedented deficits, I can't see a Republican Congress passing it unless they just stop pretending to care about the deficit.

6) Appointments. I'm curious to see if Democrats filibuster any Supreme Court nomination and insist that the American people get a say or insist the Court remain at 8.  Do they stop action on appointments of other Federal judges, the Department of Labor, etc. etc. etc. like the Republicans have done for years? Then Republicans whine and they're both hypocrites.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
davideinstein
« Reply #653 on: November 09, 2016, 10:08:18 pm »

Figures that you're a Trump supporter.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #654 on: November 10, 2016, 09:40:33 am »

That's not fair. He does NOT admit to that.  There are plenty of fair things to criticize him for, no need for hyperbole. Its bogus when "they" do it, so its bogus when "we" do it.

I have listened to the Howard Stern interview - he was talking about walking into the pageant dressing rooms to check them out and make sure everything was ok.  He owned both Miss USA and Miss Teen USA at the time and they were talking about pageants plural.  And this has been verified by many of the girls in both pageants who said that yes, he did come into the dressing rooms.  I guess I just have a different interpretation of what someone says they have done...especially when there are corroborating witness'.

Extra bonus points;

And while not explicitly pedophilia, Trump is also the one who bragged about grabbing women's crotches.  The obvious next question would be, how many of them were under 18?

Gotta just love the moral high ground of 47% of the American electorate!

As for Russia specifically, it is tough to tell someone you owe billions to to 'shove off'.   The American people very explicitly showed their idiocy by not requiring full disclosure of all financial connections of Presidential candidates.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:43:47 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #655 on: November 11, 2016, 04:59:53 pm »

To all the racist (you know who you are), have a good weekend. Everyone needs to get along and be nice to people with orange skin for goodness sake. They can't help that they are born with orange skin (and crooked toupes).

IN all seriousness though. Let's all realize how similar we are. That is something to celebrate.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #656 on: November 12, 2016, 03:38:28 pm »

davideinstein
« Reply #657 on: November 13, 2016, 10:47:22 am »

I'll remain divided. I'm not catering to a racist, sexist and xenophobe. Enjoy your memes.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #658 on: November 14, 2016, 05:39:30 pm »

IN all seriousness though. Let's all realize how similar we are. That is something to celebrate.

Yep....all of us here are gonna get screwed...so we are very similar.  I don't think there is anyone posting who is in the top 0.1%...just an impression.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #659 on: November 16, 2016, 11:48:54 am »

This is very scary, registration of people based on religion:

Kris Kobach, the secretary of state for Kansas, said the President-elect’s advisers were looking at how to implement a proposal suggested by the billionaire businessman that would force immigrants from Muslim countries to register on a database.

Mr Kobach, who helped devise tough immigration laws in a number of US states and claims to have participated in regular conference calls with Mr Trump’s immigration advisers, also said the Trump administration could push ahead rapidly on construction of a US-Mexico border wall without seeking immediate congressional approval.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-registry-immigrants-policy-kris-bobach-reinstate-wall-a7420296.html

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org