A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:14:17 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump  (Read 237700 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 02:18:55 pm »

He always is.  He’s the type that would wear a ribbed condom inside-out for his pleasure.

It takes a certain amount of narcissism to drive someone to run for president but the level Trump posseses is blinding...especially to him.
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 09:07:46 pm »

OK since no one will talk about the Elephant in the room. Is everyone on board with his run at the White House? I'm thinking the status quo lifetime Politician is what voters are tired of. This man with no real Political experience, brash comments and carry a big stick attitude is what most of downtrodden Americans are looking for.
And by chance if he somehow does not get the GOP nomination. Does he run as an Independent? and can he win?

The Don has definitely put some life into politics and has the other candidates worried. At this point, it just looks like one big circus and he's the main attraction. He very possibly has some excellent ideas on making improvements on our already good economy, but I shudder to think of him going overseas and meeting with Queen Elizabeth or any foreign leader, for that matter. He's more arrogant and self loving then many of the politicians and that says a lot.

If I were to make a prediction, I'd say that he will not be our next Prez. It will be interesting to see if he gets the GOP nomination though.

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 09:27:33 pm »

Many politicians and political hacks have gotten so crazy with the way they talk these days, then add to that when the moderates have sat idle for so long and are afraid to go against what the crazies are saying for fear of losing those votes... well I don't know where they think that was going to lead us.  Well here ya go. Enjoy.

I mean you hear so much ridiculous stuff on the radio and TV, what's so different between that and what Donald is saying?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 11:38:25 am »

I mean you hear so much ridiculous stuff on the radio and TV, what's so different between that and what Donald is saying?

For one thing he wants to repeal the 14th Amendment... which would get rid of citizenship for anyone claiming it simply by virtue of being born in the US.

Now, it would also end the notion that States are at all bound by the US Constitution. So your right to freedom of speech, freedom from search and seizure, and all other basic civil rights would be left to the whim of the States. Essentially, roll back the civil rights movement entirely, eliminate gay marriage, and well - every progressive stride over the last ~100 years or so. Oklahoma could just amend its constitution to make Fundamentalist Christian the state religion and authorize the police to search any "enemy of the state's" home they saw fit. Yay for freedom!

Also, nearly every idea, practice or suggestion he has come up with has been shown to be an utter failure. But if we just try to fail HARDER we will win.

Finally, the guy is actually on record as saying that in the past he has given political contributions to the person he thought likely to win because he expected favors in return. That is a person that should never be in a position of public "trust."

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 12:08:43 pm »

For one thing he wants to repeal the 14th Amendment... which would get rid of citizenship for anyone claiming it simply by virtue of being born in the US.

Just wow. At least when he was on the apprentice you knew when he was going to be on television and could avoid him. Now he is inescapable.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2015, 02:54:55 pm »

If he gets the nomination, I am just about convinced I will vote for him.  Let's get the insane clown posse thing going for real, so maybe - just maybe - people will finally get so full of the carp that we can finally start to recover from this long national nightmare we have had to deal with for so many decades.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2015, 03:12:40 pm »

Now, it would also end the notion that States are at all bound by the US Constitution. So your right to freedom of speech, freedom from search and seizure, and all other basic civil rights would be left to the whim of the States. Essentially, roll back the civil rights movement entirely, eliminate gay marriage, and well - every progressive stride over the last ~100 years or so. Oklahoma could just amend its constitution to make Fundamentalist Christian the state religion and authorize the police to search any "enemy of the state's" home they saw fit. Yay for freedom!

Also, nearly every idea, practice or suggestion he has come up with has been shown to be an utter failure. But if we just try to fail HARDER we will win.

Finally, the guy is actually on record as saying that in the past he has given political contributions to the person he thought likely to win because he expected favors in return. That is a person that should never be in a position of public "trust."

Like I said, whats the difference?   Perhaps you don't listen to whats playing on the Radio these days (or the conversations I overhear) at some of the "workin people" job sites I often end up on around this great state, for instance.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 06:40:48 pm »

This afternoon they showed a clip of an interview with Mr. Trump on the very subject of the 14th Amendment. My thoughts had previously been that if he truly feels that anyone born here doesn't deserve citizenship, he needs to run it through the right channels and they need to change the law/amendment. During his interview, he said he has no intention of doing that and will take his chances with lawsuits and the courts and figures he'll come out the winner and just begin shipping people back home. His theory was that it'd take 8 years to get it changed legally and he'd be nearing the end of his second term. The number crunchers have been indicating that this will cost a massive fortune and they may be right. Will there be a savings in the end? Who knows?

I do like his tax plan. He wants to lower the rates to 1% minimum up to 15% maximum. He and his friends would be the big winners, but most of us would come out ahead on that deal. The problem is if you slash taxes that dramatically, who's going to pay our country's bills?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 10:22:23 pm »

The problem is if you slash taxes that dramatically, who's going to pay our country's bills?

Um, not thinking we’d be able to rely on Greece to pay them for us.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 02:22:24 pm »

I do like his tax plan. He wants to lower the rates to 1% minimum up to 15% maximum. He and his friends would be the big winners, but most of us would come out ahead on that deal. The problem is if you slash taxes that dramatically, who's going to pay our country's bills?

"Pretty things!"  That's about the depth of thought that went into his tax plan.

The top 5% of tax payers chucked in nearly $600 Billion in tax revenue to Uncle Sam. The bottom 50% coughed in almost $30 billion. So we we halve the tax rate for the top 5% and cut the bottom bracket by a factor of 10 - we will lose more than 50% of our income tax revenue. Going from ~1 trillion down to maybe $400 billion.
http://taxfoundation.org/article/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data

Our current deficit is $500 billion. So Trump's tax plan is to double the annual deficit while simultaneously increasing the wealth disparity in a country with among the worst wealth disparity in the history of the world. Brilliant!
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_budget

That would work out fine if we unfunded all science, education, energy, environmental programs, and then choose to de-fund either transportation or the VA on top of that.  (or cut the military spending by 50%). But hey, it would be really, really good for a couple of people. They'd probably die before the country descended into Mad Max style chaos.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2015, 01:33:43 pm »

AND relying on China to keep giving us loans doesn't look to promising anymore. Maybe we could just print more money? Mr. Trump may agree to have his face on new currency.

Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 03:16:44 pm »

Earlier today I learned that Mr. Trump is in agreement with Mr. Carson's plan of going strictly with H.S.A.'s and eliminating our entire Medicare system. No details on the plan. That seems to be the entire plan. That pretty much cinches even the 1% thought I had of voting for him.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 02:12:09 pm »

Let's get him in there and get this slow slide toward insanity over with - make a fast, sharp cut once and for all - get it all in place, let the teabaggers get a big ole' dose of what it is they are really talking about, since they are too stupid to think 13 minutes ahead.  Then after his first term maybe some sanity will re-assert itself.  And hopefully before a second...

I thought (naively) that the criminal acts of the Baby Bush regime would make people blink a few times, shake their heads, and maybe emerge from the long national stupor we have been bogged down in for so long.  What a silly notion...  So, maybe it will take a good solid Trumping before it gets beaten into our collective consciousness...

End result of our headlong rush to "Teabaggerism"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM65JpsvN5M

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 08:49:35 am »

Any of them will do. It's not like Trump and Gentle Ben are espousing something new. Most of the candidates and the party platform are in agreement on those positions.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 08:55:04 am »

It's all the same Clown Show.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org