A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:56:53 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump  (Read 237626 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: August 05, 2015, 04:46:18 pm »

OK since no one will talk about the Elephant in the room. Is everyone on board with his run at the White House? I'm thinking the status quo lifetime Politician is what voters are tired of. This man with no real Political experience, brash comments and carry a big stick attitude is what most of downtrodden Americans are looking for.
And by chance if he somehow does not get the GOP nomination. Does he run as an Independent? and can he win?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:18:16 pm »

I would say something, but I don't want to hear the usual "You're a RWRE Christian Conservative nut job wacko" so I have decided that since there are members here that believe that Hillary's coronation inevitable I will not take part in any 2016 discussion.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 09:19:02 am »

The poll numbers look like the wheels are falling off Hillarity’s bus.

I’m thinking there’s enough Clinton and Bush fatigue neither will end up in the White House.  I’m really surprised Jeb is polling as well as he has been.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 10:20:09 am »

The poll numbers look like the wheels are falling off Hillarity’s bus.

I’m thinking there’s enough Clinton and Bush fatigue neither will end up in the White House.  I’m really surprised Jeb is polling as well as he has been.

I don't know..let's remember what happened to Clinton in 92 with the allegations of infidelity.  Can't count someone out just yet.  I've begun watching Bernie a little more closely...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 05:29:32 pm »

I would say something, but I don't want to hear the usual "You're a RWRE Christian Conservative nut job wacko" so I have decided that since there are members here that believe that Hillary's coronation inevitable I will not take part in any 2016 discussion.

What is kind of surprising, even to me, is how he is polling 25% or so... just shows where a quarter of the Republican party is....and how sad that really is...

But I still bet he will drop out soon - he just wants to have enough impact so he can have some input into the goings on.  That job takes way too much attention  The Donald will never stand for that.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 07:53:47 am »

What is kind of surprising, even to me, is how he is polling 25% or so... just shows where a quarter of the Republican party is....and how sad that really is...

But I still bet he will drop out soon - he just wants to have enough impact so he can have some input into the goings on.  That job takes way too much attention  The Donald will never stand for that.

He’s also polling well with independents.

Trump simply says what the career politicians are thinking but are too afraid to say.  I think people are appreciating the honesty and his unabashed non-PC way of speaking.

How long that will keep voters captivated remains to be seen.  Once the RNC starts funding soft money attack ads on Trump to push Jeb to the forefront, the sheeple will turn away.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 10:34:39 am »

If he really runs as an independent, he'll steal away some of the nut-balls from both parties. 

Probably many of the ex-tea partiers.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 10:37:14 am »

If he really runs as an independent, he'll steal away some of the nut-balls from both parties. 

Probably many of the ex-tea partiers.

It would have the same effect as Perot running as an IND in 1992. 

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 10:40:07 am »

It would have the same effect as Perot running as an IND in 1992. 

My memory tells me Perot felt a little less like a joke.

Aside from Dana Carvey/Phil Hartman - which is a classic.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 11:15:59 am »

Would like to see the Trump ticket - he would pick Carly for VP.  That would be so great...the Bankrupcy King with the Queen of Running Hewlett Packard Into the Ground and Destroying a Great Company.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 04:43:38 pm »

Oh please don't let him pick a Woman as his running mate. It's a ticket killer. If he is all about not being Politically correct. Then don't try the novel idea of having a Female VEEP. In what polls has it ever shown that having a Female running mate works?
Pick one of the several stiffs that were on stage with him last night and be done with it.
So much can happen in the next year so who knows what he will do when the heat ramps up the first quarter of 2016. At the moment I'm enjoying Politics worth talking about.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 04:47:31 pm »

Oh please don't let him pick a Woman as his running mate. It's a ticket killer. If he is all about not being Politically correct. Then don't try the novel idea of having a Female VEEP. In what polls has it ever shown that having a Female running mate works?
Pick one of the several stiffs that were on stage with him last night and be done with it.
So much can happen in the next year so who knows what he will do when the heat ramps up the first quarter of 2016. At the moment I'm enjoying Politics worth talking about.

This really isn't politics on that side of the aisle somuch as it is a circus.

Hence the 'clown car' analogy.

Is it sad that everytime I hear one of these doofuses start talking, I hear this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4RHZ1ssCBA
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 04:49:03 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 01:40:18 pm »

No self respecting woman in this country would run for VP with him.  Ever.

Also, there is a kind of a sidebar in all this about the type of woman who would actually marry him...

(Do I hear a Roy Orbison song playing faintly in the background...??)

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 07:05:48 am »

Trump should name Rosie O'Donnell as his running mate.

There is no way that Trump wants to be president because he genuinely cares about the electorate, Trump is in this for Trump.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 10:58:17 am »

Trump should name Rosie O'Donnell as his running mate.

There is no way that Trump wants to be president because he genuinely cares about the electorate, Trump is in this for Trump.

He always is.  He’s the type that would wear a ribbed condom inside-out for his pleasure.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org