A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:51:13 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump  (Read 237579 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2015, 06:51:20 am »

It's all the same Clown Show.

Yea, I feel like his running mate will be Charlie Sheen...you know because his dad was president.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2015, 11:15:23 am »

Yea, I feel like his running mate will be Charlie Sheen...you know because his dad was president.

Just saw a hilarious quote - Obama was talking at a fundraiser... I didn't see it, but I can believe he would say this....  Not only is it a Clown Show - it is the "Most Magnificent, Hilarious Most-Wussiest Bunch of Whiners Clown Show".

“Have you noticed that every one of these candidates says, ‘Obama’s weak. Putin’s kicking sand in his face. When I talk to Putin, he’s going to straighten out’?” Mr. Obama asked a crowd of Democratic donors in New York, referring to President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.

“And then it turns out they can’t handle a bunch of CNBC moderators at a debate,” he added to huge applause from his partisan audience. “I mean, let me tell you,” he added with gleeful scorn, “if you can’t handle those guys, you know, then I don’t think the Chinese and the Russians are going to be too worried about you.”

Still hoping Trump will throw his support to Romney, so we have Hillary and Romney running...at least a little semblance of sanity to the rest of the world....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2015, 02:03:22 pm »

Trump: "You know the movies. Shoot first, talk later. Right? Right? Right? You shoot first, you talk about it later."

But isnt that part of the problem?

“Shoot first, think later”
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-wp-blm-scotus-comment-720a8830-87f7-11e5-bd91-d385b244482f-20151110-story.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2015, 02:39:02 pm »

Trump has to be a plant. 

I'm not sure if he's meant to make other GOP candidates look better by comparison or worse by association.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2015, 03:11:32 pm »

Trump: "You know the movies. Shoot first, talk later. Right? Right? Right? You shoot first, you talk about it later."

But isnt that part of the problem?

“Shoot first, think later”
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-wp-blm-scotus-comment-720a8830-87f7-11e5-bd91-d385b244482f-20151110-story.html

I read this twice.  No reference to Trump.  What does this have to do with Trump?

Supreme Court shields police from facing juries

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2015, 03:47:56 pm »

Have they lost all reason? Trump wants to force Muslims to register in some kind of database. Carson thinks the Great Pyramids were grain storage. And they're the front runners? What next, Bat Boy for VP?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2015, 04:05:15 pm »

I read this twice.  No reference to Trump.  What does this have to do with Trump?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/260370-trump-refugees-could-be-trojan-horse-for-isis

Then there is

Instead of accepting Syrian refugees, the U.S. should purchase a "big swath of land" in Syria, which "believe me you get for the right price."
After buying the Syrian land the U.S. should then convert it into a safe haven for refugees...So what I like is... build a big beautiful safe zone"

Didnt the Germans have another name for that?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2015, 07:52:41 am »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/260370-trump-refugees-could-be-trojan-horse-for-isis

Then there is

Instead of accepting Syrian refugees, the U.S. should purchase a "big swath of land" in Syria, which "believe me you get for the right price."
After buying the Syrian land the U.S. should then convert it into a safe haven for refugees...So what I like is... build a big beautiful safe zone"

Didnt the Germans have another name for that?

Godwin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2015, 01:33:16 pm »

Godwin

Precedent

...something about powerful people with wierd comb-overs...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2015, 07:29:34 pm »

Godwin

Kinda hard to Godwin this topic when it seems appropriate.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2015, 10:33:58 pm »

Kinda hard to Godwin this topic when it seems appropriate.

Hey, Mr. anti-authoritarian started referencing Germans and their odd proclivities of how to deal with the Jews and strips of land...

If the shoe fits.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2015, 10:43:00 pm »

If the shoe fits.

Ditto.

Now that were pumped, how about a short detour down this dark alley:
http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2015/11/22/what-donald-trump-might-have-seen-on-911-hint-it-wasnt-cheering-arabs/

Wow.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2015, 12:19:26 am »

Ditto.

Now that were pumped, how about a short detour down this dark alley:
http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2015/11/22/what-donald-trump-might-have-seen-on-911-hint-it-wasnt-cheering-arabs/

Wow.

I can care less about Trump.  But I’m surprised at how easily you are taken in by media sources which keep doing these constructs to make him fit the mold of the typical GOP bigot.  Try harder Patric.  There’s plenty to not like about this guy without resorting to op-eds which mangle facts.

He’s a DB, but the racist/xenophobe profile of the leading GOP candidate is getting old.  What is everyone going to do when Carson becomes the odds-on favorite and the media starts to paint him as a racist?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2015, 08:58:32 am »

I can care less about Trump.  But I’m surprised at how easily you are taken in by media sources which keep doing these constructs to make him fit the mold of the typical GOP bigot.  Try harder Patric.  There’s plenty to not like about this guy without resorting to op-eds which mangle facts.

He’s a DB, but the racist/xenophobe profile of the leading GOP candidate is getting old.  What is everyone going to do when Carson becomes the odds-on favorite and the media starts to paint him as a racist?

Especially him fabricating or following an old disproven story about how thousands of Muslims were cheering in NJ when the towers came down on 9/11.  And then doubling down and saying 'they did too', when confronted with the facts.

I still think it's possible he's a democrat plant to make the current clown car move so far right it hurts them with independents.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2015, 09:15:32 am »

The Trump-Hitler comparison is getting painfully obvious. It has to be a parody.

- never held elected office before
- wrote a bad book about what a great leader they are which clearly shows they have no idea what they are talking about
- blames immigrants for most problems (spreading crime and disease, ruining the economy!)
- one was an immigrant married to a native, the other is a native married to an immigrant
- in favor of registration of religious minorities
- vilifies the previous administration
- ultra nationalistic
- favors militaristic solutions to foreign affairs
- underdog candidate that no one took seriously
- encourage supporters to beat dissidents/protesters
- both keep copies of Mein Kampf and My New Order on their nightstands (seriously, Trump used to keep the collected works of Adolf Hitler on his nightstand. I just assume Hitler did)

You can call Godwin all you want, but no one calls for a registry of a religious minority unless it is in jest.

Here are some fun quotes for you:

1. “Do not compare yourself to others. If you do, you are insulting yourself.”

2. "If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, people will believe it."

3. “Who says I am not under the special protection of God?”

4. "Just look at the bill of fare served up in our movies ... and theaters, and you will hardly be able to deny that this is not the right kind of stuff."

5. “If you win, you don't have to explain ... If you lose, you should not be there to explain!”

6. “I do not see why man shouldn't be as cruel as nature.”

7. "The more economic difficulties increase, the more immigration will be seen as a burden."

8. "Great liars are also great magicians."

9. "I can fight only for something that I love, love only what I respect, and respect only what I at least know.”

10. "Any alliance whose purpose is not to wage war is useless."

11. "Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized."

12. "Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice."

13. "How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think."
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:25:48 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org