A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:09:05 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dirt Moving on Archer Next to the Day Center  (Read 5119 times)
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« on: July 14, 2015, 01:57:29 pm »

What is this going be?

Sorry if it has been posted and I missed it.
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 06:12:57 am »

I believe it is jail expansion.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 07:12:16 am »

Thanks man!
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 09:24:23 am »

So a true 'MURICAN development then!
davideinstein
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 09:55:41 pm »

Undecided
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 07:43:07 am »

It is the jail expansion.

I ride the Katy trail from time to time, the homeless population over there has booked (behind David L Moss). They've never caused me any problems, but the area just south of the jail will never develop because of the them. I know, I know, I'm heartless etc.... But its a potentially cool enclave relegated to scrap storage and abandonment.

Too bad.

And no, I don't have a solution.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 10:27:25 am »

Just what we need.  More jail to keep all those pot smokers at bay.  Also more room for profit when they privatize the jail.  Future stockholders are pleased.
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 07:00:11 pm »

from what I can see, they are moving dirt from the north side of the jail to the south side.  There are some older news articles that said the jail expansion would be to the north.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 07:20:02 pm »

Hey, here's a thought. Let's stop locking people up for pot and not build it? Save a few tens of millions a year and spend it on something better. Certainly seems to be working for Colorado. I think jails are like roads, they tend to reach whatever capacity you build for them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:21:33 pm by swake » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 07:36:31 am »

Hey, here's a thought. Let's stop locking people up for pot and not build it? Save a few tens of millions a year and spend it on something better. Certainly seems to be working for Colorado. I think jails are like roads, they tend to reach whatever capacity you build for them.

Careful !!  You start slinging rational thought like that around this state and people are gonna turn on you!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
saintnicster
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 08:38:12 am »

But the jobs!
Ben
Citizen

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 11:19:19 am »

I walk and drive by the jail on a daily basis. They put up a sign that says "Improvements as promised." I don't really consider it an improvement that we going to have a bigger jail. Lets fix a broken system first, that would be improvement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org