A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:57:22 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The View by American Residential  (Read 50249 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2021, 11:10:35 am »

The brick looks really sharp.  Hopefully ARG's Santa Fe Square project will be similar. 

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2021, 03:29:02 pm »

Weird that some of the "windows" are bricked up from the get-go like this. Design change, or design choice?

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2021, 09:57:13 pm »

shavethewhales, I too wondered about the windows. In that one location it's super odd the 2nd floor has windows then the floors above there are none. I'd be interested to see the building layout once floorplans are available to see why that's the case. Odd to do that on the corner where you probably have some of the better views too.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2021, 07:48:56 am »

My best guess is that's where the mechanical area of the building is at. It's not tall enough to dedicate a whole floor to so instead it got a section out of three floors horizontally. The bricked-in window look is only there to break up would otherwise be a large expanse of brick which would look worse.

Maybe they should paint a mural there. Of windows.  Grin

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2021, 10:36:50 am »

This is the club room on the top floor overlooking ONEOK Field

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2021, 12:49:16 pm »

This is the club room on the top floor overlooking ONEOK Field

That is awesome. They really stepped up on this property.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2021, 11:28:10 am »

Blurry photo, but this project is just about done. They are supposed to be letting people move in within the next couple weeks I think. All the lights were on inside and it looks like 99% of the exterior is done finally. Just some touchups and finishing over the next few weeks and this corner will be cleaned up at last.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2021, 11:34:07 am »

They did a nice job with this. Not the most inspired design, but the brick will age well into the surrounding neighborhood.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2021, 12:58:09 pm »

They did a nice job with this. Not the most inspired design, but the brick will age well into the surrounding neighborhood.

It looks really good and fills a big hole.  Once it's leased up and the restaurant/retail space is built-out it will be a big driver of pedestrian activity in the area.  Really interested to see what goes in the retail space, that's a fantastic corner location
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 01:02:27 pm by SXSW » Logged

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2022, 08:45:31 am »

One last update on this one. They are still finishing a few punchlist items, and the bottom retail space is completely unfinished, but the lights were on last night and it appears to be at least partly occupied now.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2022, 09:04:44 am »

One last update on this one. They are still finishing a few punchlist items, and the bottom retail space is completely unfinished, but the lights were on last night and it appears to be at least partly occupied now.

The building is generally okay - generic but not offensive and fits in to the area well - but that sign is a bit silly. I mean it's a dumb name to begin with that looks even dumber as a sign, especially without the "The". I'm surprised there isn't another sign up there that says "Live, Laugh, Love". But then again when a company is named "American Residential" one shouldn't expect much. Coming soon "The Building by United States Living Quarters"!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 09:07:04 am by tulsabug » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2022, 10:45:30 am »

The building is open and there are residents living there.  The corner retail space will be a restaurant that should start build-out within the next couple months.  Getting those retail spaces filled will be great for pedestrian activity in that area, it has been a hole for a long time going back to when the site was a warehouse and during construction when the sidewalks were closed.  They'll also be installing the street trees and lighting over the next few weeks.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2023, 09:06:38 am »

Nice shot by Mike Simon with the TW showing The View and Vast Bank.  Hoping we see another tower crane rise on the Annex lot in the background later this year

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2023, 11:16:59 am »

Great photo!

I know that the south/east portions of downtown are parking lot wastelands that drive me crazy, but it's nice to take a step back and see all the progress that's occurred over the last couple years. There's some nice density surrounding the baseball field/blue dome that was nonexistent 7 years ago. Onward and Upward!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2023, 12:30:06 pm »

Great photo!

I know that the south/east portions of downtown are parking lot wastelands that drive me crazy, but it's nice to take a step back and see all the progress that's occurred over the last couple years. There's some nice density surrounding the baseball field/blue dome that was nonexistent 7 years ago. Onward and Upward!

Agree.  The buildout of Santa Fe Square and the Annex project will a have similar impact on the Blue Dome District.  I’d like to see Elgin continue to build into the commercial corridor that connects the ballpark area to the rest of downtown.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org