A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:07:15 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The View by American Residential  (Read 50265 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2020, 08:58:23 pm »

Another recent aerial view

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2020, 08:04:30 am »

From last Friday. This really fills up the corner. There's going to be so much life here when it is finished and open.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2020, 10:07:26 am »

It's amazing how much construction is going on N of the track right now.
Love it!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2020, 10:14:22 am »

Probably my favorite project in downtown, it will be a great backdrop for ONEOK Field and add 202 apartments to the area.  ARG has said once The View is finished and leased up they will turn their attention to Santa Fe Square.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2020, 02:04:37 pm »

Probably my favorite project in downtown, it will be a great backdrop for ONEOK Field and add 202 apartments to the area.  ARG has said once The View is finished and leased up they will turn their attention to Santa Fe Square.

My only wish was that they did retail all the way along Archer instead of just half. That's the one bad thing about ARG is they have no clue how to build retail into their projects and it shows. Then they just blame it on "lack of demand" haha. When you have a project like the VAST HQ across the street the answer is ARG is clueless and there's plenty of demand for retail in a project that's properly designed.

The additional residential units is a big win though and if Santa Fe Square can get off the ground there's going to be a pretty solid urban area from the East Village all the way up through OKPOP and the GKFF project behind it. Will really make the area feel a lot like a real city. From what I've heard is ARG is the main group dragging their feet causing Santa Fe Square to be so delayed so hopefully they follow through and don't back out of the deal. They've already said Santa Fe Square will be the last project they do in Tulsa and will now only focus on other markets like Nashville.   
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2020, 08:21:32 pm »

They've already said Santa Fe Square will be the last project they do in Tulsa and will now only focus on other markets like Nashville.   

I know the ARG folks and they are committed to Tulsa beyond Santa Fe Square.  The demand just currently isn’t there to do multiple large deals at a time, which is why they are also building in DFW, Austin and looking at expanding to markets like Nashville and Colorado Springs.  Beyond Santa Fe Square they like the East Village especially the south end by the NORDAM/Brickhugger properties.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2020, 09:00:00 pm »

I know the ARG folks and they are committed to Tulsa beyond Santa Fe Square.  The demand just currently isn’t there to do multiple large deals at a time, which is why they are also building in DFW, Austin and looking at expanding to markets like Nashville and Colorado Springs.  Beyond Santa Fe Square they like the East Village especially the south end by the NORDAM/Brickhugger properties.

That's positive to hear at least. At one point that wasn't their tune and I think there was even a few news stories out there too of Gaskow saying they had no interest in doing more projects in Tulsa and would only focus on other markets. I'd hope they would do more projects, maybe doing a few in other markets will help them tweak the Tulsa projects to be better too. From the renderings for the View, it does seem they are stepping up their game a bit and looks far better than the East Village project they did.

The ground up market has been tough in Downtown with all the historic building conversions in the last few years that added several thousand units to the market. I'm not sure there's many buildings left that'd make good candidates for conversion to apartments so if the market is going to grow more in the next 5 years it will have to be via infill on ground up construction.

I do wish they'd study a bit more on street retail design. If they don't get the visibility part right the spaces will just stay vacant. There's nothing wrong with how they've built some of it, but developers just need to understand that if you don't want to spend the money to build out the retail spaces right, you're not going to get top of market rents. There's a need for smaller office/commercial space on the ground floor for things like doctors for example that will be needed in the next few years as downtown grows, but those type of tenants aren't going to pay what In the Raw is going to pay for a rooftop bar. If you build crappy street retail spaces and someone doesn't want to rent it, doesn't mean there's no demand for retail it just means you didn't do it right or are asking too much money for the quality.

That problem isn't unique to Tulsa and there's a debate going on in much more mature markets about the same thing where developers say there's no demand for retail/commercial space, but it has more to do with the market rent they want to charge. They're generally fine with letting a few thousand street feet sit vacant than drop the market rent and get local tenants in... which is something that's never made much sense to me. That happens even in places like San Francisco, which is in the process of taxing developers who do this. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2020, 04:25:25 pm »

Agree on the retail frontage but I'm glad to see it at the Elgin corner.  Elgin is already more of a retail/restaurant corridor and the main pedestrian connection between Blue Dome and the Arts District. 

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2020, 12:30:37 pm »

Getting closer to the top.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2020, 01:14:03 pm »

Looking forward to seeing this from inside ONEOK Field

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2020, 11:29:52 am »

From inside the ballpark for the recent Beethoven concert.  Two more floors to go before it tops out.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2020, 01:14:00 pm »

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2020, 09:19:18 pm »

And....  they're on fire.
https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/tulsa-firefighters-on-the-scene-of-a-fire-in-downtown-tulsa

were there fireworks tonight? 

edit: Rumor says fireworks triggered the fire.
who thought that was a good idea?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 09:43:31 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2020, 11:31:48 am »

Yeah maybe wait until the all-wood structure is further along until you blow up fireworks next to it.   Wink

Looks like damage was minimal, thankfully.  That could've been a huge disaster.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2020, 07:25:07 am »

Almost ready to start brick.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org