A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:00:14 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The View by American Residential  (Read 50277 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2019, 01:13:16 pm »

Probably still just staging some materials for the Vast bank stuff. They probably won't be delivering materials for the apartments until after staking and foundations are coming along. They are so close to being done with the parking garage though. Wouldn't be surprised to see surveyors and staking being done next month.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2019, 02:40:53 pm »

I hadn't seen this rendering of the rooftop pool before, pretty cool "view"  Wink

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2019, 08:12:29 pm »

They are also currently marketing 13,256 SF of retail space along Archer

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/420-E-Archer-St-Tulsa-OK/4367518/

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2019, 08:34:18 pm »

They are also currently marketing 13,256 SF of retail space along Archer

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/420-E-Archer-St-Tulsa-OK/4367518/

Facing the ballpark is not the most competitive spot to have retail. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2019, 07:21:20 am »

^I dunno, with the new Vast Bank building + parking garage, plus the traffic from games, I think retail could do alright there. It's a very visible location at the very least. Needs to be something that can stay open later though.

That's already one of the busiest street corners in DT on summer nights, and the area is only getting more dense and trafficked.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2019, 08:42:38 am »

I hadn't seen this rendering of the rooftop pool before, pretty cool "view"  Wink

Yea.. that's pretty cool!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2019, 09:04:43 am »

^I dunno, with the new Vast Bank building + parking garage, plus the traffic from games, I think retail could do alright there. It's a very visible location at the very least. Needs to be something that can stay open later though.

That's already one of the busiest street corners in DT on summer nights, and the area is only getting more dense and trafficked.

Archer is one of the busier pedestrian streets with all of the new development near the ballpark.  Maybe not traditional retail but a restaurant space would do well in this spot. 

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2019, 04:09:24 pm »

BREAKING (ground). Looks like the View is officially starting to get underway. Had 2-3 machines digging and moving dirt out of the lot today. It will be exciting to see this thing start to go up!

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2019, 07:47:21 pm »

It will be quite the "view" from ONEOK Field once Vast Bank and this apartment project are finished.  200 more apartments will add a nice shot of residential density as well.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2019, 12:09:24 pm »

Nice. Glad to finally see it. Another project we've been waiting on for years finally getting off the ground. Got to get through that backlog!
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2019, 10:58:17 am »

It will be quite the "view" from ONEOK Field once Vast Bank and this apartment project are finished.  200 more apartments will add a nice shot of residential density as well.

Speaking of...how much of the view from the ballpark of the skyline will be blocked due to these two buildings (well, mostly Vast since The View is in dead center). I figure obstruction will be minimal as most of downtown is behind the tierpoint building. I just can't recall. Been a while since I have been to a game there.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2019, 08:27:31 pm »

Speaking of...how much of the view from the ballpark of the skyline will be blocked due to these two buildings (well, mostly Vast since The View is in dead center). I figure obstruction will be minimal as most of downtown is behind the tierpoint building. I just can't recall. Been a while since I have been to a game there.

It will definitely make a big impact but all of the tallest towers should still be visible unless maybe you're down closer to the field.  Based on the height of the Vast Bank building, which taller because it's office space, I would estimate something like this:

This is what you will be seeing across the field

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2020, 09:43:52 am »

TW image with a current view of this project from ONEOK Field with the new Vast Bank HQ.  This will make a big impact as it goes up but doesn't look like it will completely block the skyline view unless you're in the lower portion of the east stands.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 09:47:48 am by SXSW » Logged

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2020, 10:45:48 am »

Definitely seems larger than I first imagined, quite the project.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2020, 11:01:49 am »

Several of the 5+ story stair/elevator cores are already up. Even that image is at least a couple weeks old. I've gotten lazy with picture taking, I'll try to grab one if I walk by on Friday. It certainly won't completely block the skyline.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org