A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:57:22 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Momma Fire  (Read 13728 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: July 08, 2015, 07:22:12 am »

Early morning fire for Blake Ewing and his business. The posted pictures on this article for the Tulsa World look bad. Of course the water damage will probably be worse than the actual fire. They think it was and AC unit.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/firefighters-respond-to-fire-at-joe-momma-s-pizza/article_1023ea72-cb0b-5e77-9da4-0237e9c03ee1.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 07:06:39 am »

I've been by Joe Momma's a few times but haven't peaked in. Someone mentioned the other day that they thought it was going to be back open in "early 2016," which is what the announcement said. But fire investigations, insurance claims, building permits, etc. etc. etc. all have a way of dragging on. Which sucks for everyone.

Checked their website and social media. Nothing substantive since last October.  Social media is just advertising for White Flag. The Joe Momma's website doesn't even mention that they burned down...

Any one got the info?

Rebuilding After Fire

Owner Hopes To Have Joe Momma's Reopened Quickly After Fire

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 08:01:40 am »

I was told the fire was so intense it may have created some structural issues which needed to be addressed, but still, you’d think there would be more visible signs of progress.  I’m guessing JMP is the cash cow of Blue Ox and I’d think you’d want to be open again by festival season (Blue Dome, SFTT, etc.)

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 08:06:48 am »

I would like to know the same. Joe Momma's was my wife's favorite place to have dinner before going to a concert and she misses it big time.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 08:54:13 am »

Rumor is that JM's will not reopen.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 09:30:23 am »

I was just told he’s sold all his restaurant concepts, supposedly common knowledge within the IDL.  Blake, Sheen care to elaborate or deny?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 12:59:27 pm »

Joe Momma's will reopen. Thanks for asking.

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 03:20:22 pm »

Rumors appear to be true.  White Flag and JM sold.

Joe Momma's, Full Moon Cafe among restaurants sold to new owner

Four well-known Tulsa-area restaurants have been sold to Healthy & Tasty Brands Corp.

The corporation, headed by CEO Keith Wilkerson, a former oil and gas executive in the Tulsa area, has acquired Joe Momma's Pizza, White Flag, Full Moon Cafe in Broken Arrow and the former Bellacino's Pizza & Grinders.

Joe Momma's Pizza, 112 S. Elgin Ave., closed since a fire destroyed it in July 2015, and White Flag, 116 S. Elgin Ave., are former properties headed by City Councilor Blake Ewing.

"After careful consideration and in the best interests of my family, I have chosen to sell my share of the companies," Ewing said Tuesday. "It is my hope that this move will position the restaurants to achieve new heights for my partners and staff while allowing me to pursue new opportunities professionally."

Full Moon Cafe is located at 411 W. Stone Wood Drive in Broken Arrow, and the temporarily closed Bellacino's is located at 9521 Riverside Parkway.

"We are the majority shareholders in Joe Momma's and White Flag," Wilkerson said Tuesday. "We have full interest in Bellacino's, and we are working to have full interest in Full Moon Cafe. We have business to clean up with all of them, but we are running them now."

Wilkerson said the demolition of Joe Momma's is complete, and he would like to get it reopened before winter.

"We are talking to the architects, contractors and the insurance company to get everything in order, but Joe Momma's is coming back just like it was," Wilkerson said.

"We are working on some aesthetics at White Flag, like putting garage doors up front, and we are going to lighten up some of the menu to attract more lunch customers," he said.

"At Full Moon, we have a great team and are making small changes on the menu and adding more live entertainment. It has no affiliation at all with the one that closed in Tulsa."

He said Bellacino's will reopen soon as Sooner Bread Co. and still feature pizza and grinders.

"I would like to have the restaurants running just like we want them to before we make more announcements," Wilkerson said. "There's no second chance at a honeymoon in this business."

scott.cherry@tulsaworld.com

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 03:27:34 pm »

Lol...Full Moon had no affiliation with the one that closed it Tulsa....It was same owner that owned both...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 01:19:38 pm »

Just saw this on FB from the JM page:

"Friends, after two years on hiatus, we are proud to announce the triumphant return of Joe Momma's. We plan to open a new downtown location at 308 E. 1st St., just around the corner from our old location in the Jacob's Lofts building. We also plan to rebrand The Phoenix Café as a new brick oven café concept. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates."

https://www.facebook.com/JoeMommasTulsa/posts/10155556809341061

The location via Google Street view:  https://goo.gl/X39JS5
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 01:22:57 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 01:33:08 pm »

Just saw this on FB from the JM page:

"Friends, after two years on hiatus, we are proud to announce the triumphant return of Joe Momma's. We plan to open a new downtown location at 308 E. 1st St., just around the corner from our old location in the Jacob's Lofts building. We also plan to rebrand The Phoenix Café as a new brick oven café concept. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates."

https://www.facebook.com/JoeMommasTulsa/posts/10155556809341061

The location via Google Street view:  https://goo.gl/X39JS5

So, is this Blake's Joe Momma's or the folks who bought the name from him awhile back.  I thought he still owned the Phoenix, that's why I'm confused.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 02:30:54 pm »

So, is this Blake's Joe Momma's or the folks who bought the name from him awhile back.  I thought he still owned the Phoenix, that's why I'm confused.

I'm guessing it's the people that bought it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 07:35:07 pm »

This is Blake's. I believe the people who bought it are no longer in the restaurant business.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 03:37:16 pm »

And it's gone after this weekend. There's some Facebook rumor that the name isn't dead (referencing the mention the "location on 1st street"), but doesn't look like it's coming back under any original ownership
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 09:57:25 am »

And it's gone after this weekend. There's some Facebook rumor that the name isn't dead (referencing the mention the "location on 1st street"), but doesn't look like it's coming back under any original ownership

Went there Sunday an hour before scheduled closing but it was already locked up.
Was looking forward to one last pizza.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org