A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:16:20 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freedomfest can't catch a break  (Read 3269 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: July 04, 2015, 11:19:38 pm »

The move to the new location seemed to go well. I found a decent parking spot pretty easy and walked around veteran's park with the kids. However, for the second time in recent years, the fireworks experienced a technical difficulty. We had moved out of Veteran's Parks by the time the Fireworks started, but when they stopped we went to the car. I was in the car listening to KRMG for 15 minutes to hear if there was a delay or it was over, but they were playing canned Fox News stuff on partisanship. I was apparently home or almost home when the fireworks started again.

I'm sure this was just a fluke accident, but it's amazing to me that KRMG wasn't letting people know to hang around. Also annoying that the KRMG app is about a minute behind so you can't match up the music with the fireworks that way.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 04:42:03 pm »

+1

I understand bad things happen with electronics and explosives. It is too bad it has happened twice in a five year span to Freedomfest, but it does happen.

What is really annoying is that there was NO announcement. Nothing on KRMG, I saw no twitter or facebook, no loudspeakers, nothing on any news website. A fireworks display for 100,000 people just stopped, and the band played on... but not a single organization was kept advised of what was going on?  Did I miss something, or was the communication breakdown of mid-evil proportions?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »

Nobody has any patience anymore......

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 05:12:49 pm »

I stayed! Even when they went off it wasnt quite right. Odd pauses, etc. Maybe they had to do them manually?

I always go to a party right across from BlueRose in thsoe condos. There was plenty of booze and people judging watching to keep us busy. But even I was getting ready to call Lyft when the fireworks started back up.

The interesting part will be to see what negotiations for discounts happen. I don't think Riverparks contracted for two separate 20 minute fireworks shows.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 08:42:01 am »

Well to be fair the delay was almost an hour before they finished the show.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:15:16 am »

Good things come to those who wait.......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org