A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:27:37 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa World Sales Harassment  (Read 3394 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: July 04, 2015, 11:05:35 pm »

So just for background, I have been a Tulsa World Customer off and on for about a decade, and I was a contract employee of theirs for about 8 years.

I got a call a few months ago offering me weekender+online for about $10/month. The term of the special is supposed to be only for the amount you pre-pay for (I did three months) then it is supposed to go up to list price. Because of the buyout, apparently this is screwed up so they renewed it for the same rate. They didn't have an authorized payment method so they gave me papers for about two months before trying to get money. I got bills that included directions for how to pay online that don't work (confirmed by their own employees who said the directions in their bills are nonsense) So, long story short I cancelled my paper about 60 days ago.

Since then I have received about 30 phone calls from the Tulsa World, including daily calls over the last week. They call from multiple numbers that appear to be from rural areas like Eufala and Ft Gibson, none of which say Tulsa World, making it hard to block them. Anyone else getting persistent sales calls from the World?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:50:56 am »

Ok....I will stop.....Just tryin to make a nuts......

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:32:39 am »

I have been doing their weekender for about 2 1/2 years without a problem. I pay 27 Dollars every three months. My notification comes in the mail and I usually call the number and pay with my card over the phone. I have sent a check a few times but the last time I did. It took almost two weeks before it posted. And me being anal about my checking account. I contacted the newspaper and was informed that the payments now go back East I think to Virginia since the Tulsa World was sold to BH Media group. So I have stopped paying them in that manner and have had no further concerns about my subscription.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org