A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:11:47 am
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189646 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #300 on: June 06, 2017, 07:11:24 am »

Home goods and clothing store Cariloha coming to Utica Square

Bamboo home goods and apparel retailer Cariloha is coming to Utica Square, according to city of Tulsa building permits and the company's website.

Utica Square received a building permit last week for alternations to 1760 Utica Square, which is next to Stonehorse Market.

On the Cariloha website, the company lists the same Tulsa address and says it is coming soon.

"Since 2007, the brand has grown to become the only multi-store retailer in the world to provide an entire store experience that’s completely merchandised with products made from ecofriendly viscose from bamboo," the store's website says.

The website shows a wide array of products ranging from bedding to men's and women's clothing. Recent blogs on its website highlight new bamboo sheets and sock varieties. Cariloha fabrics are made from bamboo viscose, rayon from bamboo, polyester from bamboo or bamboo charcoal.

Founded in 2007, Cariloha is Utah-based and has more than 50 locations across the continental U.S., Hawaii, Mexico and throughout the Carribean. In the U.S., the chain has stores in large metro areas such as Washington, D.C., and wealthy tourist enclaves such as Bar Harbor, Maine, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

The addition means another, unique to Oklahoma tenant for Tulsa's most prominent outdoor shopping center, which has been undergoing a transformation of sorts since late 2015.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/home-goods-and-clothing-store-cariloha-coming-to-utica-square/article_59a4822b-4184-5187-b8be-5ed81aa0edf8.html
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #301 on: June 06, 2017, 07:30:54 am »

But still no announcement on the former Miss Jackson’s or Petty’s spaces?

One has to wonder if something fell through for them to kick out long-term tenants and to demo the buildings only for it to sit vacant for as long as it has.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #302 on: June 06, 2017, 10:17:00 am »

Yeah it's really strange, still hopeful the redevelopment of that part of Utica will be worth it.  It's literally a blank slate, they could do mixed-use, a small hotel with retail, condos, etc.

Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #303 on: June 06, 2017, 11:10:05 am »

But still no announcement on the former Miss Jackson’s or Petty’s spaces?

One has to wonder if something fell through for them to kick out long-term tenants and to demo the buildings only for it to sit vacant for as long as it has.

To be clear, they really only kicked out one long-term tenant.  (They owned Miss Jackson's, so Miss Jackson's was not really a tenant).  But your point is correct; something must have gone wrong or someone made a pretty significant miscalculation.  I can see closing Miss Jackson's, which was apparently a cash drain on the company; but presumably Petty's was paying rent, so kicking them out without a replacement in hand is a little hard to make sense of.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:52:17 pm by Oil Capital » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #304 on: June 06, 2017, 11:25:48 am »

To be clear, they really only kicked out one long-term tenant.  (They owned Miss Jackson's, so Miss Jackson's was not really a tenant).  But your point is correct correct; something must have gone wrong or someone made a pretty significant miscalculation.  I can see closing Miss Jackson's, which was apparently a cash drain on the company; but presumably Petty's was paying rent, so kicking them out without a replacement in hand is a little hard to make sense of.

Probably got a new manager and he/she had to put their "stink" on it...change for change's sake.  Harvard School of Business MBA approach...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #305 on: July 06, 2017, 02:47:09 pm »

... I know 1 of the largest retailers there will be leaving in the next year as they want a much larger space and Utica can't accommodate them.

It's been well over a year since you told us this.  I haven't noticed any of the largest retailers leaving Utica Square since then.  Can you give us an update?

kingsy
Citizen

« Reply #306 on: July 07, 2017, 01:17:41 pm »

As big retail is slowly going away, should it be time for Utica to pivot?  We were at 5th night last night, and I kept thinking how nice it would be if that area was more park like.  Turn the Jackson/Petty spot into a small parking garage, and lay grass and put up some more trees in the area where 5th night is held.  People already expect to walk in Utica Square, so I don't think it would affect anyone other than Restoration, possibly.  Even then, Restoration is changing it's model to be more of a show room so you can get an idea and then order online.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #307 on: October 30, 2017, 11:00:38 am »

I am so curious about the decisions made by Utica Square management regarding Miss Jackson's and Petty's and very surprised that almost 2 1/2 years after having apparently made the decision to close Miss Jackson's and kick out Petty's we still have an empty fenced-in site with no apparent plans to build anything.  What happened to the waiting list we've always been told exists for retailers who want to be in Utica Square?

Anyway, I just did a search on Utica Square's website, hoping to find some news about replacements. Here's what the search gave me (along with 6 other job openings at Miss Jackson's):

Miss Jackson's

Miss Jackson's of Utica Square (a Tulsa tradition for over a century) is accepting applications for Full Time Receptionist
Ideal candidate will have previous experience answering multiline phone system, possess basic computer skills, be customer focused, punctual, dependable, trustworthy and able to work closely with GM and all Dept. Managers for clerical tasks.
Position offers: 5 day work week, company sponsored health, life and dental insurance. Paid vacation and sick time. Must be able to pass drug and back ground checks.
Apply in person M-F 10am – 5:30pm
2nd floor Customer Service
Miss Jackson's
1974 Utica Square
Tulsa, OK

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #308 on: October 30, 2017, 11:09:26 pm »

As big retail is slowly going away, should it be time for Utica to pivot?  We were at 5th night last night, and I kept thinking how nice it would be if that area was more park like.  Turn the Jackson/Petty spot into a small parking garage, and lay grass and put up some more trees in the area where 5th night is held.  People already expect to walk in Utica Square, so I don't think it would affect anyone other than Restoration, possibly.  Even then, Restoration is changing it's model to be more of a show room so you can get an idea and then order online.

Utica Square needs a master plan for future development (if it doesn’t have one already).  More mixed-use, think condos or apartments above storefronts.  A few more restaurants.  Add more density and redevelop the “corners” at Utica and Yorktown, and the parking lots along 22nd Place.  And yes a larger park space in the middle would be great for events.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #309 on: November 01, 2017, 10:01:02 am »

I am so curious about the decisions made by Utica Square management regarding Miss Jackson's and Petty's and very surprised that almost 2 1/2 years after having apparently made the decision to close Miss Jackson's and kick out Petty's we still have an empty fenced-in site with no apparent plans to build anything.  What happened to the waiting list we've always been told exists for retailers who want to be in Utica Square?

Anyway, I just did a search on Utica Square's website, hoping to find some news about replacements. Here's what the search gave me (along with 6 other job openings at Miss Jackson's):

Miss Jackson's

Miss Jackson's of Utica Square (a Tulsa tradition for over a century) is accepting applications for Full Time Receptionist
Ideal candidate will have previous experience answering multiline phone system, possess basic computer skills, be customer focused, punctual, dependable, trustworthy and able to work closely with GM and all Dept. Managers for clerical tasks.
Position offers: 5 day work week, company sponsored health, life and dental insurance. Paid vacation and sick time. Must be able to pass drug and back ground checks.
Apply in person M-F 10am – 5:30pm
2nd floor Customer Service
Miss Jackson's
1974 Utica Square
Tulsa, OK

Big screw up happening in their management plan.  Post #304 above....

The plan didn't fail - "they didn't have a plan" is the fail !!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #310 on: November 02, 2017, 08:54:11 am »

Big screw up happening in their management plan.  Post #304 above....

The plan didn't fail - "they didn't have a plan" is the fail !!

Recent mailer:
...after 112 years in business, Koslow's Furs formerly the fur department at Miss Jacksons must close its doors.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #311 on: January 25, 2018, 11:41:59 am »

Per TW - Ann Taylor is closing up shop too
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #312 on: January 25, 2018, 12:08:04 pm »

Per TW - Ann Taylor is closing up shop too

Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) -- which owns the Ann Taylor, Dress Barn, Loft, Lane Bryant, Justice, Maurices and Catherines stores -- plans to shutter between 250 and 650 locations over the next two years.

Chief executive David Jaffe made the announcement during a conference call with investors Thursday, and he didn't specify how many store closures will affect each brand. Ascena could not be immediately reached for comment.

Jaffe said 250 locations will definitely close down, and another 400 will close their doors unless the company can negotiate lower rents at those locations.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/10/news/companies/ascena-ann-taylor-dress-barn-loft-stores-closing/index.html

Also a good article and video about retail in general from CNBC

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/26/store-closures-rocked-retail-in-2017-and-more-should-come-next-year.html

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:13:41 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #313 on: July 02, 2018, 10:46:46 am »

Both going bye bye for something new......

Thought we should commemorate the 3rd anniversary of this news. Still not even a rumor of redevelopment plans?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #314 on: July 03, 2018, 10:15:02 am »

Thought we should commemorate the 3rd anniversary of this news. Still not even a rumor of redevelopment plans?

Last time I was by there it looked like a nice quiet place to take your dog to poop.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org