A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:20:53 am
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189656 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #270 on: August 20, 2016, 03:13:49 pm »

I thought that the Tulsa campuses for OU and OSU were barred from offering undergraduate courses because of protectionism for TCC.

Rules can be changed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: August 20, 2016, 10:25:49 pm »

They can’t as long as the board of regents keeps screwing Tulsa to the benefit of Stillwater and Norman.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #272 on: August 20, 2016, 11:31:36 pm »

They can’t as long as the board of regents keeps screwing Tulsa to the benefit of Stillwater and Norman.

You mean like screwing the buying public in favor of Jarboe and Central?  Wink
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2016, 08:34:15 pm »

You mean like screwing the buying public in favor of Jarboe and Central?  Wink

Good one!

Exactly!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #274 on: August 22, 2016, 06:54:44 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the rules not allowing 4 years programs at OSU/OU had more to do with protecting Tulsa's investments, not the states. In other words, protecting TCC.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #275 on: August 22, 2016, 07:22:29 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the rules not allowing 4 years programs at OSU/OU had more to do with protecting Tulsa's investments, not the states. In other words, protecting TCC.

It's TCC and Langston that are being protected. And my understanding is that OU/OSU don't fight the rules because it protects against student drain from the Norman and Stillwater campuses.
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #276 on: August 22, 2016, 09:39:22 am »

Thread drift! Anyone know what statute or rule "protects" TCC from competition in the County? I understand SB 1426 set up OSU-Tulsa and functionally split up the UCAT effort, but it does not mention TCC directly. Is there another state statute that applies?

Put otherwise, what legally stops OSU Tulsa or OU Tulsa from offering first and second year classes?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #277 on: August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 pm »

Thread drift! Anyone know what statute or rule "protects" TCC from competition in the County? I understand SB 1426 set up OSU-Tulsa and functionally split up the UCAT effort, but it does not mention TCC directly. Is there another state statute that applies?

Put otherwise, what legally stops OSU Tulsa or OU Tulsa from offering first and second year classes?

I believe it is a statewide community college act that keeps state-funded 4 yr institutions from directly competing in cities that have a community college.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #278 on: August 23, 2016, 07:32:19 pm »

I believe it is a statewide community college act that keeps state-funded 4 yr institutions from directly competing in cities that have a community college.

There's another law to protect 3rd and 4th year classes at Langston as well.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #279 on: August 23, 2016, 07:58:56 pm »

I've been harping about this for 10+ years on this forum and nothing has changed.  Tulsa keeps slipping further behind largely in part to not having a major public research university due to stupid provincial state laws. 

Mods feel free to move this discussion to a new thread.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2016, 07:28:07 am »

I dont have time ti find the actual law, but it would be somewhere towards the end of this Title:
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/Index.asp?ftdb=STOKST70&level=1

I'd be interested to see what the law actually says, or if this is a long standing myth, policy, understanding, edict, agreement...whatever.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
davideinstein
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2016, 03:12:49 pm »

I've been harping about this for 10+ years on this forum and nothing has changed.  Tulsa keeps slipping further behind largely in part to not having a major public research university due to stupid provincial state laws. 

Mods feel free to move this discussion to a new thread.

Yep.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2016, 03:47:07 pm »

What about Northern Oklahoma Community College?

http://www.noc.edu/stillwater
saintnicster
« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2016, 04:03:01 pm »

I dont have time ti find the actual law, but it would be somewhere towards the end of this Title:
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/Index.asp?ftdb=STOKST70&level=1

I'd be interested to see what the law actually says, or if this is a long standing myth, policy, understanding, edict, agreement...whatever.
Got these from that link Smiley

http://www.oscn.net/applications/OCISWeb/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=104059 TCC
http://www.oscn.net/applications/OCISWeb/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=104061 Langston
http://www.oscn.net/applications/OCISWeb/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=104062 Northeastern State

"Undergraduate degree programs offered through Oklahoma State University/Tulsa shall not duplicate those undergraduate degree programs offered by {XXX} ... as determined by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:08:15 pm by saintnicster » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2017, 04:18:45 pm »

The last time I was in that Macy’s, it looked like they had stopped restocking the shelves. 

To survive, Promenade will have to look to things other than retail - the gym was a good start.

I still don’t get putting in a grocery store at Utica Sq. in the same location it just forced out a local grocery store that had a loyal following.  Low margin groceries in a high rent center just don’t make sense to me.  Sprouts, Whole Foods, and Trader Joes located within a few miles of Utica Sq. only make it a worse idea.

Macy's will close by the end of the year.  Any ideas on what should replace it at Promenade?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/macy-s-at-tulsa-promenade-mall-is-closing/article_633e4cdb-92b9-50fe-9240-1397e2f336c9.html

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org