A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:00:15 pm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189673 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2016, 12:54:02 pm »

The last time I was in that Macy’s, it looked like they had stopped restocking the shelves. 

To survive, Promenade will have to look to things other than retail - the gym was a good start.

I still don’t get putting in a grocery store at Utica Sq. in the same location it just forced out a local grocery store that had a loyal following.  Low margin groceries in a high rent center just don’t make sense to me.  Sprouts, Whole Foods, and Trader Joes located within a few miles of Utica Sq. only make it a worse idea.
mrrbot1
Tourist

« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2016, 05:02:41 pm »

fresh market will be a good addtion to utica
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2016, 10:38:30 am »

Would be nice if the University got that property.

Would love to see that happen
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2016, 11:25:00 am »

Would be nice if the University got that property.

Just the Macy's or all of Promenade? 

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2016, 12:04:25 pm »

Just the Macy's or all of Promenade? 

Which university? OU?
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #260 on: August 19, 2016, 01:31:42 pm »

OU and all of Promenade
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #261 on: August 19, 2016, 02:55:58 pm »

Wife worked at OU...  has thought for years that they should acquire Promenade.. but doesn't think they're smart/progressive enough
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #262 on: August 19, 2016, 04:31:54 pm »

There's also the small matter of the $45,000,000 to purchase the property and the $45,000,000+ needed to turn it into usable space for a university. And it removes a huge amount of sales tax from the rolls. And Langston, TU, OSU, NSU, Rogers State, ORU, etc. etc. etc. would all oppose it. And, of course, there's the fact that there are only ~1,000 kids that go to OU Tulsa, and most of them are part time.  Or that they don't have the funding to up faculty that much in Tulsa.

So other than the expense, the need, and the practicality of it... I expect OU to buy the mall any day now.  Wink

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
davideinstein
« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2016, 04:53:09 pm »

Wife worked at OU...  has thought for years that they should acquire Promenade.. but doesn't think they're smart/progressive enough

They already remodeled something previously across the street, I bet they look into it over time.
davideinstein
« Reply #264 on: August 19, 2016, 04:54:24 pm »

There's also the small matter of the $45,000,000 to purchase the property and the $45,000,000+ needed to turn it into usable space for a university. And it removes a huge amount of sales tax from the rolls. And Langston, TU, OSU, NSU, Rogers State, ORU, etc. etc. etc. would all oppose it. And, of course, there's the fact that there are only ~1,000 kids that go to OU Tulsa, and most of them are part time.  Or that they don't have the funding to up faculty that much in Tulsa.

So other than the expense, the need, and the practicality of it... I expect OU to buy the mall any day now.  Wink

Do TU/ORU have a say? If so, in what regard?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2016, 05:19:08 pm »

They already remodeled something previously across the street, I bet they look into it over time.

The Schusterman’s gave them a pretty hefty gift to take that property off Amoco’s hands.

Not sure if they are in that sort of position anymore since they sold Samson.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2016, 05:28:05 pm »

The Schusterman’s gave them a pretty hefty gift to take that property off Amoco’s hands.

Not sure if they are in that sort of position anymore since they sold Samson.

Forbes has Lynn Schusterman as the 49th wealthiest woman in the world and 477th wealthiest person with $3.4 billion.

Personally, if someone wants to throw around a bunch of millions on local colleges I would prefer it be for OSU Tulsa to become a full independant public research university than to buy an old mall.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2016, 09:13:28 pm »

Forbes has Lynn Schusterman as the 49th wealthiest woman in the world and 477th wealthiest person with $3.4 billion.

Personally, if someone wants to throw around a bunch of millions on local colleges I would prefer it be for OSU Tulsa to become a full independant public research university than to buy an old mall.

I agree but OSU doesn't seem committed to making it a fully independent 4 year university.  Can you imagine if they would have followed through with the 20/20 plan developed in the early 2000's to have 20k students on campus by 2020?  Very frustrated with OSU, I think OU would've done a better job with UCAT but that ship has sailed.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2016, 09:58:24 pm »

I agree but OSU doesn't seem committed to making it a fully independent 4 year university.  Can you imagine if they would have followed through with the 20/20 plan developed in the early 2000's to have 20k students on campus by 2020?  Very frustrated with OSU, I think OU would've done a better job with UCAT but that ship has sailed.

I know, OSU pisses me off with their short sightedness over the Tulsa campus. It would still be part of the OSU system. Oklahoma parochialism again.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #269 on: August 20, 2016, 12:42:46 pm »

I thought that the Tulsa campuses for OU and OSU were barred from offering undergraduate courses because of protectionism for TCC.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org