A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:51:13 pm
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189678 times)
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2016, 08:09:23 am »

the old H & P building was on the NW corner of 21st & Utica

Anyone have a pic of that?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2016, 09:11:32 am »

Anyone have a pic of that?

My Google Fu is not strong today, I cannot find a photo of it.  It was a great example of Tulsa’s MCM commercial architecture of the 1950’s & 1960’s.  I don’t even remember when they demo’d it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2016, 10:12:37 am »

My Google Fu is not strong today, I cannot find a photo of it.  It was a great example of Tulsa’s MCM commercial architecture of the 1950’s & 1960’s.  I don’t even remember when they demo’d it.

I think originally the move to the Boulder Bank building was supposed to be temporary while they built a new HQ on the site of the old one.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2016, 10:57:48 am »

Photo courtesy of Shane Hood.  It was originally the Dowell building and this was before upper floors were added to it.  This should be looking at the building from the south as I recall.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2016, 12:21:40 pm »

http://cdm15020.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p15020coll4/id/531/rec/2

Is this is?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2016, 12:25:49 pm »

Yep.

No idea why images are so hard to come by. 

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2016, 12:53:23 pm »

Found plenty of news articles from 2003 saying they intend to build a new HQ at 21st & Utica in six years. That ever gonna happen?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2016, 12:59:20 pm »

Found plenty of news articles from 2003 saying they intend to build a new HQ at 21st & Utica in six years. That ever gonna happen?

Not with oil at $45/bbl, it won’t.

Did the articles mention anything about the building being torn down?

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2016, 01:33:16 pm »

"'Our eventual plan is to raze the building and, at some point, rebuild.' Mackey said the seven-story structure in the northwest corner of 21st Street and Utica Avenue will be demolished within a year."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/h-p-plans-new-tulsa-home/article_b6f9723f-104e-54c9-ae37-6731e9dfb1e2.html

And maybe I misunderstood the six year time frame. Rereading these, it says they had no firm plans to for the new building at the time they moved out. Six years refers to how long they planned to stay in the building on Boulder.

http://newsok.com/article/1944635
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2016, 11:33:25 am »

Noted that Talbot's recently relocated within Utica Square, freeing up another space near the former spaces of Miss Jackson's and Petty's.  I wonder if Gap/Gap Kids and Ann Taylor will be next to go or relocate, creating an even larger available footprint for whatever is planned to replace Miss Jackson's and Petty's.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2016, 12:47:53 pm »

Noted that Talbot's recently relocated within Utica Square, freeing up another space near the former spaces of Miss Jackson's and Petty's.  I wonder if Gap/Gap Kids and Ann Taylor will be next to go or relocate, creating an even larger available footprint for whatever is planned to replace Miss Jackson's and Petty's.

Athleta and Evereve are taking the Tablot's space. Ann Taylor isn't likely to relocate - it's one of Ascena's stronger/better performing brands currently. 
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2016, 04:12:49 pm »

Athleta and Evereve are taking the Tablot's space. Ann Taylor isn't likely to relocate - it's one of Ascena's stronger/better performing brands currently.  

Oh yes.  I see now that Athleta is taking the former Talbot's space.  (According to Utica Square's website, Evereve is going in the vacant space between J Spencer and BGB.)

Re: Ann Taylor, FWIW, a brand's national strength doesn't tell us much at all about the likelihood of relocating.  There are too many other variables, e.g., the brand might be strong but an individual store may not be; the store could be encouraged to relocate by the landlord for redevelopment/re-merchandising; the store might relocate for a better or larger (or smaller) location.  Having said that, there are no obvious spots in Utica Square to which they could relocate; so, if the brand is indeed strong, and if this store is strong, and if Ann Taylor fits into Utica Square's merchandising strategy, I guess my theory of a larger redevelopment site may not hold water.

(So, it's curtains for the Utica Square Gap store, I guess)   Wink
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:20:42 pm by Oil Capital » Logged

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2016, 09:56:07 pm »

Oh yes.  I see now that Athleta is taking the former Talbot's space.  (According to Utica Square's website, Evereve is going in the vacant space between J Spencer and BGB.)

Re: Ann Taylor, FWIW, a brand's national strength doesn't tell us much at all about the likelihood of relocating.  There are too many other variables, e.g., the brand might be strong but an individual store may not be; the store could be encouraged to relocate by the landlord for redevelopment/re-merchandising; the store might relocate for a better or larger (or smaller) location.  Having said that, there are no obvious spots in Utica Square to which they could relocate; so, if the brand is indeed strong, and if this store is strong, and if Ann Taylor fits into Utica Square's merchandising strategy, I guess my theory of a larger redevelopment site may not hold water.

(So, it's curtains for the Utica Square Gap store, I guess)   Wink

When I say strong brand I mean that its been profitable for them and Ann Taylor isn't in a major downsizing trend like a lot of stores are. Gap, I have no knowledge of them moving, but they are in a downsizing trend globally so I wouldn't be surprised if they did eventually shuffle around. Ann Taylor also meets the higher end tenant mix that Utica management is aiming for, Gap not as much. But, like you said a lot of it does depend on individual stores - Ann Taylor in Utica could be a poor performer for them and Gap could get a ton of business there.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2016, 12:57:09 pm »

I can't take it any more.  I need at least a rumor of what will be going in the place of Miss Jackson's and Petty's   Grin   Anybody?  Anything???

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2016, 01:14:46 pm »

I can't take it any more.  I need at least a rumor of what will be going in the place of Miss Jackson's and Petty's   Grin   Anybody?  Anything???

Taco Bueno.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org