A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:30:30 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189736 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2016, 12:07:45 pm »

I still think it would be great to have REI here.  Maybe a 2 story REI and a 2 story Crate & Barrel.  And Fresh Market across the parking lot next to Yorktown.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2016, 12:20:49 pm »

I still think it would be great to have REI here.  Maybe a 2 story REI and a 2 story Crate & Barrel.  And Fresh Market across the parking lot next to Yorktown.

How about REI with restaurants on the second floor with a W Hotel and some condos above.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2016, 12:51:36 pm »

Quote from: swake
How about REI with restaurants on the second floor with a W Hotel and some condos above.

Any or all of these would be awesome.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2016, 12:55:57 pm »

Keep swinging for the fences!  Some good ideas right there!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2016, 01:15:25 pm »

Something like a Magnolia Theatre in the West Village would be pretty cool here. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants, but no real entertainment options. An artsy theater makes sense here just about as much as anywhere else.

http://www.westvillagedallas.com/tenant/magnolia-theatre-bar/

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2016, 01:41:22 pm »

I don't know if this is why you mentioned a hotel.  But having the hospital across the street the hotel rooms could be much needed.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2016, 01:49:09 pm »

I don't know if this is why you mentioned a hotel.  But having the hospital across the street the hotel rooms could be much needed.

Not typically the types of rooms that you would expect at a W (or anything I would expect to be in Utica Square for that matter).

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2016, 02:02:54 pm »

Guess what.. If you need to stay in a hotel by the hospital and you can afford to stay in whatever room.  You are going to stay there.  Maybe its a Hilton Cheesy
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2016, 03:06:26 pm »

Not typically the types of rooms that you would expect at a W (or anything I would expect to be in Utica Square for that matter).

I would expect that a true upscale brand would be in Utica Square. I've always been surprised there aren't hotels near the hospitals on Utica or in Utica Square. Or in Brookside for that matter.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2016, 03:16:53 pm »

I would expect that a true upscale brand would be in Utica Square. I've always been surprised there aren't hotels near the hospitals on Utica or in Utica Square. Or in Brookside for that matter.

Missed opportunity at 15th & Utica.  Maybe Bumgarner’s land just south of the BA and the Philips 66 spot could work.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2016, 03:19:40 pm »

Missed opportunity at 15th & Utica.  Maybe Bumgarner’s land just south of the BA and the Philips 66 spot could work.

That's a perfect place for a hotel. Halfway between the two hospitals.

The empty lot on the NW corner of 21st at Utica would work, too. Right by St. John's and Utica Sq.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2016, 03:47:38 pm »

That's a perfect place for a hotel. Halfway between the two hospitals.

The empty lot on the NW corner of 21st at Utica would work, too. Right by St. John's and Utica Sq.

Ok, probably getting ready to get shot down here.  But are you/we looking for a boutique hotel, or a more mainstream hotel to cater to hospital traffic.   A hotel, IMHO, can't be both.  I do think there is need for a hotel to accommodate the hospitals, but it's not going to be a Hotel San Jose (Austin) or similar.  I do think, like an earlier post, a really cool upscale boutique hotel would work near Brookside though.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2016, 04:48:12 pm »

Ok, probably getting ready to get shot down here.  But are you/we looking for a boutique hotel, or a more mainstream hotel to cater to hospital traffic.   A hotel, IMHO, can't be both.  I do think there is need for a hotel to accommodate the hospitals, but it's not going to be a Hotel San Jose (Austin) or similar.  I do think, like an earlier post, a really cool upscale boutique hotel would work near Brookside though.

Frankly the area needs both. The two hospitals need good mainstream hotels and Utica should always have had hotel(s). The Plaza in KC that Utica was modeled after has a bunch of them.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2016, 07:52:07 pm »

I’m rather surprised nothing has ever gone in where the old H & P building was on the NW corner of 21st & Utica especially since Walt is gone.  I gather he was kind of a “rev limiter” on what his kids wanted to do at Utica Square and elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:54:43 pm by Conan71 » Logged

davideinstein
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2016, 07:56:27 pm »

Agree.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org