A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:59:40 pm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189712 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2016, 08:51:45 am »

That's great!  In 5 months they went from having "no plans" to evict two major anchor tenants, to evicting them,.

"Evicted" or convinced to not renew their leases?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2016, 09:30:47 am »

I worked for a restaurant in Utica Square that was "convinced" not to renew its lease. The method at the time was to quadruple the lease which was pretty convincing.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2016, 10:12:44 am »

I worked for a restaurant in Utica Square that was "convinced" not to renew its lease. The method at the time was to quadruple the lease which was pretty convincing.

It is rough for the community when property owners do this, especially with popular places doing pretty well. It is bad for small businesses and their customers.

That was supposedly the reason White Owl closed. White Owl was a neat place with a lot of fans. It was a shame they closed it and remodeled what was a perfectly good space (and took out the pool table). The Pint is fine but I preferred White Owl. The Pint has ok food and about the same atmosphere but looks worse (just tacky selection of colors/booths/etc - looks like a chain restaurant mixed in with what was a more organic-looking hole-in-the-wall that White Owl was).
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2016, 10:29:22 am »

You're right. No one was evicted, I was just trying to convey that they were fairly rapidly shut down and moved out. As I understand it, the property company owned Ms. Jackson's and Petty's lease simply wasn't renewed. The point I was trying to make was that they went from "no plans" to remove either of those tenants to them both being gone and moving on very rapidly.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2016, 10:46:29 am »

It is rough for the community when property owners do this, especially with popular places doing pretty well. It is bad for small businesses and their customers.

That was supposedly the reason White Owl closed. White Owl was a neat place with a lot of fans. It was a shame they closed it and remodeled what was a perfectly good space (and took out the pool table). The Pint is fine but I preferred White Owl. The Pint has ok food and about the same atmosphere but looks worse (just tacky selection of colors/booths/etc - looks like a chain restaurant mixed in with what was a more organic-looking hole-in-the-wall that White Owl was).

I think you are being overly-kind to The Pint.  We were very “meh” on it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
kingsy
Citizen

« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2016, 10:57:47 am »

That wasn't the reason the White Owl closed.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2016, 12:23:44 pm »

That wasn't the reason the White Owl closed.

That was supposedly the reason White Owl closed.

Then what was the reason? There were discussions on here and by other people who mentioned increased rent.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2016, 03:07:01 pm »

I think you are being overly-kind to The Pint.  We were very “meh” on it.

I'm a solid Meh minus. White owl was good pub food, friendly staff. The Pint is not.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2016, 08:46:14 pm »

White Owl closed because the owners got a little retarded about their business.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2016, 08:48:59 pm »

White Owl closed because the owners got a little retarded about their business.....

That’s a pandemic in the Tulsa restaurant and bar scene

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2016, 04:03:56 pm »

Or they just didn't get along.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2016, 04:06:02 pm »

I thought the White Owl story was a divorce between the owners.  Or was that another place?
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2016, 07:14:24 pm »

Not to mention he made sure to completely trash the place on the last day.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2016, 08:03:08 pm »

I thought the White Owl story was a divorce between the owners.  Or was that another place?

That didn't help...But that was not all of it....

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2016, 07:32:03 am »

That didn't help...But that was not all of it....

The hint dropping...The coyness...The ellipses...They're not helpful...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org