A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:10:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189650 times)
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2016, 04:12:04 pm »

Updates?  What NEW rumors.....are going around as to what is coming into the space that was Miss Jackson's/Petty's ??
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2016, 08:51:12 am »

Miss Jackson's, Petty's at Utica Square slated for demolition within 60 days (Tulsa World)

The building that once housed Miss Jackson's and Petty's at Utica Square will be demolished.

Helmerich & Payne said in a news release Friday morning that the building will demolished within the next 60 days.

“We are pleased to announce the redevelopment of a cornerstone location in Utica Square. We are finalizing our design for a new building and will release further details in a timely fashion," said Jessica Barr, property manager at Utica Square in a statement.

The then 106-year-old Miss Jackson's closed in early January, and Petty's followed a little more than a month later. They left a prime piece of retail space at one of Tulsa's premier shopping centers, which will now make way for a new building.

When Helmerich & Payne announced the closing of Miss Jackson's, they said it was because they thought the store's business model was not sustainable.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2016, 09:07:29 am »

Demolition was expected.  The question is will this be multiple retailers or one single tenant?

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2016, 09:30:28 am »

Big footprint department stores seem to be a dying breed.  If they go that route hopefully the building can be easily retrofitted for smaller tenants if it becomes necessary.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2016, 09:41:52 am »

Athleta is rumored to be going in somewhere in Utica Square.....

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2016, 10:23:18 am »

Athleta is rumored to be going in somewhere in Utica Square.....

I've heard this as well. It was several months ago, and I want to say it might be going in the American Eagle space? Could be wrong though.

Demolition was expected.  The question is will this be multiple retailers or one single tenant?

I don't think they have a set plan still. They are taking their time to make sure it's the right fit. I've heard they are considering a multi-use/multi-story building. Maybe a 1-2 level retail with apartments or office above. There is a push to get some of these lower rent paying tenants like American Eagle, Talbot's, etc. or either downsize or get rid of them to replace them with higher-end trendier tenants. I think people will be surprised at the turn over we will see at Utica in the next 1-2 years. It will be for the better though. I know 1 of the largest retailers there will be leaving in the next year as they want a much larger space and Utica can't accommodate them.
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2016, 10:48:22 am »

I know 1 of the largest retailers there will be leaving in the next year as they want a much larger space and Utica can't accommodate them.

Can they not add another floor?

And I'd love to see some residential built above the commercial spaces.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2016, 11:03:26 am »

I've heard this as well. It was several months ago, and I want to say it might be going in the American Eagle space? Could be wrong though.

I don't think they have a set plan still. They are taking their time to make sure it's the right fit. I've heard they are considering a multi-use/multi-story building. Maybe a 1-2 level retail with apartments or office above. There is a push to get some of these lower rent paying tenants like American Eagle, Talbot's, etc. or either downsize or get rid of them to replace them with higher-end trendier tenants. I think people will be surprised at the turn over we will see at Utica in the next 1-2 years. It will be for the better though. I know 1 of the largest retailers there will be leaving in the next year as they want a much larger space and Utica can't accommodate them.

Utica can't accommodate them even with the redevelopment of the Miss Jackson's/Petty's space?  Looking over the list of current tenants, it's hard to imagine any of them wanting/needing to expand to such an extent that Utica could not accommodate them.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:10:38 pm by Oil Capital » Logged

davideinstein
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2016, 03:50:40 pm »

H&M
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2016, 06:03:00 pm »

H&M

After taking the time to walk into one of their stores in NYC last Fall I give this idea a hearty meh.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2016, 06:18:50 pm »

H&M

God no. 
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2016, 08:10:30 pm »

H&M

I was told Utica told H&M no/never gonna happen. That H&M does not fit the "vibe" of Utica - i.e. they are not high-end enough.

Utica can't accommodate them even with the redevelopment of the Miss Jackson's/Petty's space?  Looking over the list of current tenants, it's hard to imagine any of them wanting/needing to expand to such an extent that Utica could not accommodate them.

They probably could fit in this space, I just have a feeling the Utica Square people want to do multi-tenant mixed-use on this site versus one large retailer unless they can get Nordstrom or Neiman. What I was told is that Utica can't accommodate them if they want to expand - I don't know if that's a they can't, or they won't.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2016, 08:31:38 pm »

I was told Utica told H&M no/never gonna happen. That H&M does not fit the "vibe" of Utica - i.e. they are not high-end enough.

They probably could fit in this space, I just have a feeling the Utica Square people want to do multi-tenant mixed-use on this site versus one large retailer unless they can get Nordstrom or Neiman. What I was told is that Utica can't accommodate them if they want to expand - I don't know if that's a they can't, or they won't.

I can't imagine Neiman happening. Tulsa is way too small. Nordstrom could, but I'm guessing they want the Sears location at Woodland which will be available at some point in the near future.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2016, 07:54:38 am »

We knew this was being demolished and earlier they said they won't build the new building until they sign new leases, but the bolded info says they are actively finalizing the plan and will announce soon:

Former Miss Jackson's, Petty's building at Utica Square demolished

Crews on Sunday began demolishing the former Miss Jackson’s and Petty’s Fine Foods building in Utica Square.
Helmerich & Payne said in a news release earlier this month that the building would be demolished within the next 60 days.
The 106-year-old Miss Jackson’s closed in early January, and Petty’s followed a little more than a month later. They left open a prime piece of retail space at one of Tulsa’s premier shopping centers, which will now make way for a new building.
“We are pleased to announce the redevelopment of a cornerstone location in Utica Square. We are finalizing our design for a new building and will release further details in a timely fashion,” said Jessica Barr, property manager at Utica Square in a statement earlier this month.
In an interview with the World earlier this month, Barr said that, following demolition, construction would not begin on the new building “until we sign leases.”
She didn’t offer a timeline for when the building will be built, how many tenants it would accommodate, or how close it would be in size to the current 50,000-square-foot building.
“It (the building) had just outlived its useful life,” Barr said. “It’s an exciting time for Utica Square.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/former-miss-jackson-s-petty-s-building-at-utica-square/article_b440e733-9108-59ed-a828-6fa24ca5468f.html

As others mentioned, it would be really neat if they took an urban twist with this and made it a mixed-use development. There are a few other upscale condo areas nearby and I could see demand for a small hotel in Utica Square. It is probably smart to wait to see what tenants they will get so they can build something that will appease them long-term.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2016, 08:08:30 am »

That's great!  In 5 months they went from having "no plans" to remove two major anchor tenants, to them being gone, demolishing the building, and finalizing plans for a new anchor tenant and a new building. If one didn't know better, one might suspect the insistence that there were no plans back in November might not be the entire truth...

[modified to remove the word "evict"]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 10:26:52 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org