A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:19:52 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189671 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2016, 02:15:47 pm »

There's the old Safeway store at 18th and Boston, it's currently an art gallery.

Next to the wine bar/Burnco?  Anywhere in that area would be a good place for Petty's.  I would love to see a surface lot go away and new Petty's built up to the sidewalk with big windows and a side cafe/coffee shop next to their deli.  Smiley

I think the Gathering Place is going to have a major impact on that area after it opens.  The Bomasada project at 18th & Denver is only the beginning.  Having a grocery will help accelerate any future development.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2016, 02:21:49 pm »

Next to the wine bar/Burnco?  Anywhere in that area would be a good place for Petty's.  I would love to see a surface lot go away and new Petty's built up to the sidewalk with big windows and a side cafe/coffee shop next to their deli.  Smiley

I think the Gathering Place is going to have a major impact on that area after it opens.  The Bomasada project at 18th & Denver is only the beginning.  Having a grocery will help accelerate any future development.

Agreed.  The whole Riverview area, for a variety of reasons, is set to really take off.  A friend of mine is looking for a smaller home to invest in fix up, and I pointed him to that area.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2016, 02:23:41 pm »

Don't forget the old Louisianne property at 18th and Boston adjacent to the bike path.

onward...through the fog
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2016, 08:55:03 am »

18th and Boston would be a great place for Pettys.......

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2016, 11:47:47 am »

There would be a lot of bike and walk-up customers.

onward...through the fog
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2016, 12:05:00 pm »

Don't forget the old Louisianne property at 18th and Boston adjacent to the bike path.

Is there anything currently in that space? 

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2016, 12:07:53 pm »

Is there anything currently in that space? 

Empty....Has been for a long time.....

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2016, 01:57:05 pm »

Empty....Has been for a long time.....

That building is a mess. I thought it was going to come down a long time ago.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2016, 02:09:14 pm »

That building is a mess. I thought it was going to come down a long time ago.

Needs to for the new Petty's..... Grin

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2016, 05:40:03 pm »

Needs to go. I suppose its cheaper to leave it standing. The homeless and the wildlife are grateful.

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2016, 08:17:37 pm »

Needs to go. I suppose its cheaper to leave it standing. The homeless and the wildlife are grateful.

From what I have heard the number of times it's been chopped up inside for different uses including load sharing walls it's surprising it's still standing.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2016, 11:47:36 pm »

From what I have heard the number of times it's been chopped up inside for different uses including load sharing walls it's surprising it's still standing.

From this article it looks like there were at least three other occupants after the Louisiane closed permanently in the early 90's so it's possible that it may be cost prohibitive to try and reopen it. But you never know.

http://www.tulsapeople.com/Tulsa-People/May-2015/Elegant-to-empty/
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2016, 07:24:47 pm »

From this article it looks like there were at least three other occupants after the Louisiane closed permanently in the early 90's so it's possible that it may be cost prohibitive to try and reopen it. But you never know.

http://www.tulsapeople.com/Tulsa-People/May-2015/Elegant-to-empty/

This was just when I was at Urban Tulsa from ’91 to ’93:

The Brick at (or on) Boston which was Nick Samara’s place (yes same family as the Celebrity Club, he’s Mike’s son)
Breck’s which was owned by one of the Breckenridge boys
I’m trying to remember if this also was part of the space that had a few bars.  I think that may have been separated by a wall on the west side of the building.

And there was an ad agency upstairs I dealt with.  Funny thing is, I remember very little about the inside of it. 

Speaking of the Louisianne.  I dealt with Bill Poulos at the Louisianne that re-opened out at 81st & Memorial.  That was a Kitchell-esque financial disaster from the beginning.  Poulos was the same guy who came up with the concept of “team rodeo”.  Kind of a gangster/con man with a cowboy hat.

There’s little doubt that lot would be better served by a teardown.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2016, 09:47:03 pm »

I think it was briefly a jazz club as well......

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2016, 05:12:08 am »

Safeway used to love this area. The old Nine of Cups building, the building now housing Burnco and the Louisiane were all old Safeway grocery stores. So, there is some grocery history there.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org