A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:06:25 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189748 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2016, 05:04:52 pm »

Beggars can't be choosers but I'm not too excited for Petty's in the Brady. I would like a more reasonably priced grocery store.   Undecided

An urban store will not be as cheap (or as big) as non-urban stores.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2016, 10:45:04 pm »

Beggars can't be choosers but I'm not too excited for Petty's in the Brady. I would like a more reasonably priced grocery store.   Undecided

Is this a possibility?  I hope Petty's lands somewhere else in Tulsa.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2016, 11:12:51 pm »

If I remember the story correctly, there was a *gasp* bowling alley in that area of Utica Square until 1964 or thereabouts.

and a headshop.  The Et Cetera House had stairs going down to the basement shop lined with black-light posters and strobe lights.

It was groovy.  Mom used to take me there.  Grin

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2016, 06:42:00 am »

If I remember the story correctly, there was a *gasp* bowling alley in that area of Utica Square until 1964 or thereabouts.

Owned by Ted Seiler who also owned Sheridan Lanes.....

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2016, 08:18:50 am »

Is this a possibility?  I hope Petty's lands somewhere else in Tulsa.

The owner said was 50/50 that they would open a new location.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2016, 07:23:37 am »

Bumgarner should do something good for the city and help put Pettys at 15th and Uitca........

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2016, 07:33:00 am »

Situated near a new store around the corner on 15th (I forget the name), a popular farmers market on Saturdays, and the nearby Reasors which has made improvements to their store would make it hard to succeed there. However, I agree the demographics are right.

I think a location just south of downtown would be good too.

onward...through the fog
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2016, 11:09:39 am »

Brady would really be a great place right now. In terms of foot traffic at all hours of the day, Brady seems to be the best downtown right now. Blue Dome would be another neat spot but I can't think of a specific location for a grocery store right now.

The place at the west corner of Main and Brady (across the street west from the Tavern) was rumored to be a mini-mart/convenient store a long time ago. It looks like some part of that building could be a location for a Perrys, if scaled down a bit.

The Brady District is a much more interesting place to walk around than Utica Square. I have been to the Brady District dozens of times in the last year for various events, to eat, meet friends or just walk around. I have been to Utica Square maybe once or twice for lunch and a Thursday concert. Utica Square is nice but it is boring and is an old-fashioned suburban mall with not much to do for men if you hate Starbucks.

Brady has better food options, bars, art galleries, shops and much better coffee (Chimera!). It might be a more promising location for Perrys because the demand is there for a grocery store already with thousands of new residents on the way. Also, Brady has become a destination for First Friday Art Crawls, soccer/baseball and Guthrie Green. If there was a grocer, they'd get people coming in for picnic stuff along with big peaks during events which they don't get at Utica. They would lose a lot of the upscale customers but they'd gain new customers in an ever increasing demographic of urban dwellers. I know I would go there more if it were in the Brady District. It is nice to be able to grab a cold drink or snack when you're walking around there. They would probably need to stay open somewhat late on weekends.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2016, 11:31:15 am »

Downtown would be a good place to relocate.  The new residents would probably be willing to pay a few extra dollars to avoid getting in their cars and going to Reasors at 15th and Lewis.  They could probably also drop the "Fine Foods" moniker too and still be profitable.  The upscale identity probably made more sense at Utica Square next to Miss Jacksons than it would anywhere else.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2016, 12:13:33 pm »

Downtown would be a good place to relocate.  The new residents would probably be willing to pay a few extra dollars to avoid getting in their cars and going to Reasors at 15th and Lewis.  They could probably also drop the "Fine Foods" moniker too and still be profitable.  The upscale identity probably made more sense at Utica Square next to Miss Jacksons than it would anywhere else.

I thought I saw a plan for a grocery store to go in the PAC lot.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2016, 12:16:38 pm »

I thought I saw a plan for a grocery store to go in the PAC lot.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21006.msg300756#msg300756
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2016, 12:17:06 pm »

Yeah...that
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2016, 02:00:56 pm »

A Petty's-sized and style store makes the most sense downtown.  I would still like to see an urban Reasors on the PAC lot and Petty's in Riverview (15th & Main area).  Lots of opportunity for residential infill directly around there and close proximity to high income households that don't want to go to Reasors at 41st & Peoria or 15th & Lewis, or to Whole Foods. 

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2016, 02:02:12 pm »

A Petty's-sized and style store makes the most sense downtown.  I would still like to see an urban Reasors on the PAC lot and Petty's in Riverview (15th & Main area).  Lots of opportunity for residential infill directly around there and close proximity to high income households that don't want to go to Reasors at 41st & Peoria or 15th & Lewis, or to Whole Foods. 

There's the old Safeway store at 18th and Boston, it's currently an art gallery.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2016, 02:15:09 pm »

There's the old Safeway store at 18th and Boston, it's currently an art gallery.

I always thought the old Safeway was where Burnco and Dalesandro’s is.  Here’s a thread on this from 2009, honestly I can’t picture in my mind which building this facade is on and I was just at BC on Tuesday.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=13643.30

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org