A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:12:38 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 191734 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2015, 03:22:21 pm »

Nordstroms Outlet.  Because if you add "Outlet" to anything apparently Tulsans go crazy for it.

Or form coalitions to influence them to move their outlet elsewhere.  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2015, 04:00:14 pm »

H & M to take over the Miss Jackson's place or the Petty's area as well?

rumor coming from a good reputable source?   Smiley 

Does it make any difference......Huh

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2015, 05:08:43 pm »

Nordstroms Outlet.  Because if you add "Outlet" to anything apparently Tulsans go crazy for it.

Nordstrom Outlet, that's an oxymoron. I went to a couple of them after getting gift cards and wasn't  impressed. Everything was basically 15% off, so it's not a bargin. Just my experience, your mileage may vary.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2016, 09:12:00 am »

It's official.  Wonder what will go in.  The Fox 23 article mentions "repurposing" the building since both businesses will be gone. Wonder if that has any deeper meaning or if is just renovating and getting new tenants?

http://www.newson6.com/story/30944270/pettys-find-foods-in-utica-square-to-close

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/utica-square-food-store-sets-closing-date/np3gh/
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2016, 10:16:42 am »

Color me shocked....!!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2016, 10:34:55 am »

It was only a matter of time after Walt died.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2016, 10:51:38 am »

Unpossible! We were told they werent shutting down...

“The reports of our death have been greatly exaggerated,” Scott Petty, owner of Petty’s Fine Foods, told me in a telephone interview. He said that with a chuckle, but then his voice became serious. “Let me be clear. We have no plans to shut down,” he said.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/johnstancavage/john-stancavage-miss-jackson-s-petty-s-fight-back-against/article_5fd46966-3aa9-5b8c-aa0c-499e4d139172.html

So it is just a coincidence than 4 months later both Petty's and Ms. Jackson's announced closures. Sure, that seems likely... Unless the H&P "knew" these two businesses wouldn't see their leases renewed and the business owners didn't. I suspect something changed that lead both of these businesses to decide it was time to move on within weeks of each other.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2016, 11:12:01 am »

Unpossible! We were told they werent shutting down...
http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/johnstancavage/john-stancavage-miss-jackson-s-petty-s-fight-back-against/article_5fd46966-3aa9-5b8c-aa0c-499e4d139172.html

So it is just a coincidence than 4 months later both Petty's and Ms. Jackson's announced closures. Sure, that seems likely... Unless the H&P "knew" these two businesses wouldn't see their leases renewed and the business owners didn't. I suspect something changed that lead both of these businesses to decide it was time to move on within weeks of each other.

H&P owned Miss Jackson's.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2016, 11:53:39 am »

H&P owned Miss Jackson's.

Thank you I overlooked that. I wondered how that place stayed open so long. Suppose it was seen as a loss leader?

http://www.tulsapeople.com/Tulsa-People/April-2010/A-history-of-Miss-Jacksons/

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2016, 12:06:44 pm »

Going to miss the meat department and the bakery......For sure.....They had some unique items as well.....Service was always great...Shelves stocked and faced and the place was clean.....The only constant in life is change....

joiei
City Father

« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2016, 12:20:26 pm »

THe Petty's need to find a place downtown to reopen. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2016, 01:12:01 pm »

Will be interesting to watch what they do with the space.  Too big for H&M.  Too small for Von Maur (or Nordstrom).  UNLESS they relocate Gap/Gap Kids and Ann Taylor.  With that additional space, maybe they could squeeze in a 2-story Von Maur.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2016, 01:18:32 pm »

The Natural Grocery or whatever at 32nd and Harvard would be perfect...I dont know what keeps that joint in biz....

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2016, 01:24:53 pm »

The Natural Grocery or whatever at 32nd and Harvard would be perfect...I dont know what keeps that joint in biz....

How do any of those supplement/grocery stores stay in business?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2016, 01:28:03 pm »

My mother.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org