A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:36:33 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189742 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2015, 07:59:07 pm »

I've been in Dallas and Philly. It's just a damn discount store for very skinny people.

I checked out their (H&M) website.  Nothing I'm particularly interested in.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2015, 09:21:11 pm »

Went to the one near OKC a couple of weeks ago.  Bout fell into a coma just getting there. I don't think I have ever seen such a sprawling suburban wasteland before.  Horrid experience, will never go back.  I really don't understand what all that was? 

However, the H&M was just ok.  Didn't have as many suit/blazer type outfits that I usually go to them to get for everyday wear.  Did find some jeans "on the rack" that actually fit.  So that was nice.

http://www.hm.com/us/products/men/blazers_suits

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2015, 09:44:30 am »

I'm in my 30's and never heard of a single person who ever stepped foot in Miss Jacksons much less bought anything.  No one even talked about it, I only knew of its existence because of the sign.  Must be a generational thing.  Was it intentional not marketing or adjusting to new customers or was it just a business model that was not sustainable?
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2015, 10:35:30 am »

I went in there once because I wanted to spend a lot of money on a pair of shoes for a wedding. They had no selection, same as our Saks and I left empty handed. I'm not sad it's leaving, Utica Square needs it's stores updated.

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2015, 12:15:04 pm »

Went there once back in the 80's to buy my mom some Godiva Chocolate.  The clerks were snooty and treated me like crap.  I've never been back.  Not my vibe.  No loss to me.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2015, 12:57:40 pm »

It seems if they wanted to survive they would have had to offer something different. You can't compete with Anne Taylor, Saks, Coach and the web by offering the same things they do. One would think they could have partnered with local designers, jewelry makers, and chocolateers... keep a local element to the luxury. Differentiate the product.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2015, 09:19:26 am »

What the latest rumor for what is replacing Miss Jacksons?   

Is Petty's out soon too?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2015, 09:34:50 am »

Is Petty's out soon too?

The last word from Scott Petty was that they were not planning to close.  Of course that was the last word of Miss Jackson’s until they gave their final word they are, in fact, closing.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2015, 11:21:45 am »

Is Petty's out soon too?

H & M.....

SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2015, 11:25:54 am »

H & M to take over the Miss Jackson's place or the Petty's area as well?

rumor coming from a good reputable source?   Smiley 
kingsy
Citizen

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2015, 12:37:21 pm »

Good source says it will not be an H&M, but closer to a competitor to Saks.  Saks only has another year or two on their land lease.
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2015, 12:38:36 pm »

Good source says it will not be an H&M, but closer to a competitor to Saks.  Saks only has another year or two on their land lease.

closer to a competitor to Saks.... meaning?    names?   Smiley
kingsy
Citizen

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2015, 12:42:41 pm »

Not sure. I'd hate to say Nordstrom's becuase that is the name that gets thrown around whenever someone is speculating on a project and then it ends up being a Big Lots.  But I do think it will be something like that from everything that I've heard.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2015, 02:38:09 pm »

Nordstroms Outlet.  Because if you add "Outlet" to anything apparently Tulsans go crazy for it.
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2015, 02:43:56 pm »

Nordstroms Outlet.  Because if you add "Outlet" to anything apparently Tulsans go crazy for it.

There is already a Nordstrom Rack in Tulsa.   That is their "outlet store"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org