A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:32:28 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189683 times)
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2015, 09:12:49 am »

Miss Jackson's is not going to be Nordstroms from what I;m hearing.....

Please elaborate?   

When?    Why?   
rdj
City Father

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2015, 01:17:11 pm »

The entire Denver metro has only 4, all in malls except one which is in a suburban lifestyle center.  There is a rumor that Apple originally wanted to go in Utica Square instead of Woodland.

I was told that by one of Mr Helmerich's sons.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2015, 03:56:21 pm »

I was in Nordstroms Rack on 71st this past weekend and had a chance to ask the manager in passing about Utica rumor.  He said there was no truth to it.  Of course, he could have been spouting the corporate line, but he seemed genuine in his position.

Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2015, 07:16:49 am »

Both going bye bye for something new......

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/johnstancavage/john-stancavage-miss-jackson-s-petty-s-fight-back-against/article_5fd46966-3aa9-5b8c-aa0c-499e4d139172.html

Any comments from the topic's "know it all" about today's headline in the TW?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2015, 06:58:18 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/year-old-upscale-tulsa-retailer-miss-jackson-s-to-close/article_94c0ea29-40b6-5ab8-a75c-4ec704dd6bd6.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2015, 07:30:38 pm »

Trying to find shocked face.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2015, 03:06:06 pm »

But where will the pretentious amongst us go to shop now?

Sounds like the Utica Square management must not have renewed the lease or jacked the rate really high to get them to make space for whatever more modern concept they hope to bring in.  I’m curious when Petty’s will make their amended announcement.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2015, 03:22:05 pm »

But where will the pretentious amongst us go to shop now?

Sounds like the Utica Square management must not have renewed the lease or jacked the rate really high to get them to make space for whatever more modern concept they hope to bring in.  I’m curious when Petty’s will make their amended announcement.

Utica Square (H&P) owns Miss Jacksons. I also expect to hear about some sort of lease issue with Petty's pretty soon.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2015, 03:28:50 pm »

Utica Square (H&P) owns Miss Jacksons. I also expect to hear about some sort of lease issue with Petty's pretty soon.

I made a comment a few days after Walt died about what changes would be forthcoming at Utica Square and it was taken as being poor taste or “too soon”. 

It was inevitable. 

Hell, his kids are even saying it’s okay to put layup slab development on land he gave to the city for park land.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2015, 03:32:56 pm »

I made a comment a few days after Walt died about what changes would be forthcoming at Utica Square and it was taken as being poor taste or “too soon”. 

It was inevitable. 

Hell, his kids are even saying it’s okay to put layup slab development on land he gave to the city for park land.

It will be a huge blow to Utica Square if it turns out they shut down Miss Jackson's and Petty's for a fracking H&M.
In_Tulsa
Citizen

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2015, 03:48:40 pm »

It will be a huge blow to Utica Square if it turns out they shut down Miss Jackson's and Petty's for a fracking H&M.

It will bring at least twice the amount of customers Jacksons and Petty's together brings.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2015, 03:49:51 pm »

It will bring at least twice the amount of customers Jacksons and Petty's together brings.

So would an Old Navy, so what?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2015, 03:57:52 pm »

Trying to find shocked face.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2015, 04:29:28 pm »

Went to the H&M in OKC. It was in a non-anchor spot and was about like 50 people trying to shop in a closet. It was two levels but one level was about the size of the escalator. They had to limit what sizes and styles they carried due to lack of space. Basically they had baby and petite and that was it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2015, 07:05:56 pm »

Went to the H&M in OKC. It was in a non-anchor spot and was about like 50 people trying to shop in a closet. It was two levels but one level was about the size of the escalator. They had to limit what sizes and styles they carried due to lack of space. Basically they had baby and petite and that was it.

I've been in Dallas and Philly. It's just a damn discount store for very skinny people.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org