A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:37 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189643 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« on: June 27, 2015, 08:42:01 pm »

Both going bye bye for something new......

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 12:13:07 am »

Hopefully REI!
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 08:41:48 am »

Nope....Thats not what I'm hearing.......

In_Tulsa
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 08:49:23 am »

Nope....Thats not what I'm hearing.......

What are you hearing?
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 09:18:38 am »

Doesn't surprise me. I've heard from several people the Helmerich family has loosened it's grip on Utica, and that they might finally get rid of it or let someone come in and expand it significantly. I believe they even sent reps to the annual retail conference in Vegas this year too, so maybe that's where this came about?

I can see a Nordstroms or Neiman Marcus wanting this space. I've always heard Miss Jackson's did well, but I would imagine Petty's was getting under-cut by all the new "fresh" food groceries coming into Midtown. Sad to see two long-time staples of Tulsa retail go away though. Not sure what the ladies of Tulsa will do with all those $50,000 fur coats Miss Jackson stores for them upstairs haha.

What are you hearing as far as who is coming into these spaces and when? Any clue if Miss Jackson's or Petty's will re-lo anywhere or just completely close?

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 09:26:30 am »

Another Grocer....And retailer.....Not anything anyone has mentioned in this thread as far as the retailer goes and its a retailer not currently here......

In_Tulsa
Citizen

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 10:39:38 am »

Another Grocer....And retailer.....Not anything anyone has mentioned in this thread as far as the retailer goes and its a retailer not currently here......

H&M? That would not surprise me.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 11:32:46 am »

H&M? That would not surprise me.

Please no. Not in Utica Square. If they replaced Miss Jackson's with H&M that would be a huge downgrade.

Can't elaborate anymore? I can't think of any grocer that isn't in Tulsa that would want a small space like that...

The Miss Jackson's space I could see a Container Store, Crate and Barrel, or something like that going in there too.
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 12:45:16 pm »

Both going bye bye for something new......

This kind of post irritates me.  It's like you're playing some kind of game with readers to get them to guess about new tenants.   If you know who the new tenants are, identify them.  If you don't, say you don't. But don't sit back with a big smile on your face while people try to figure out what you likely already know. 
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 02:18:35 pm »

I heard Fresh Market is taking over the Petty's space.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 02:48:07 pm »

I heard Fresh Market is taking over the Petty's space.

That would be amazing! I love them more than Sprouts or Whole Foods but 81st and Yale is too far from Downtown for me.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 03:11:25 pm »

This kind of post irritates me.  It's like you're playing some kind of game with readers to get them to guess about new tenants.   If you know who the new tenants are, identify them.  If you don't, say you don't. But don't sit back with a big smile on your face while people try to figure out what you likely already know. 

Tuff smile....It's not my place to publicly announce it......Go have a drink......Ya whiner.....

saintnicster
Re:
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 03:57:20 pm »

But it's your place to be a little kid singsoning "I know something you don't know".
Markk
Civic Leader

Re:
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 04:01:39 pm »

But it's your place to be a little kid singsoning "I know something you don't know".

Amen to that!  The guy's a complete tool.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 11:04:55 pm »

That would be amazing! I love them more than Sprouts or Whole Foods but 81st and Yale is too far from Downtown for me.

Among the 3, Sprouts is my favorite.  I get some house brand, low saturated fat, Tortilla chips from Fresh Market that are pretty good.  I  think Sprouts' produce is pretty good and usually at a good price. They often beat Walmart here down south and Sprouts' produce is usually better quality.  Lately Whole Foods has had POM Pomegranate juice a bit less expensive than the other places at $3.49 for 16 oz.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org