A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:15:03 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Jackson's/Petty's.....  (Read 189703 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 09:35:15 am »

I like Sprouts, but I feel that the "Farmer's Market" title is misleading.  Their produce and meats come from all over the place just like any other grocery store.  Their prices are also very low, which is good, but it's not a farmers market in the sense I think of them.  A Fresh Market will do well in Utica Square, but I'm sad to see Petty's go out.  Is it not an option for Petty to revamp the store in a Fresh Market type style?  It is certainly in need of updating.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 08:59:27 pm »

Fresh Market's "prepared foods" seem to be a wider selection and better than sprouts, and that is something that Petty's seemed to sell a lot of.

Miss Jackson's is from another era.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 10:08:35 pm »

Fresh Market's "prepared foods" seem to be a wider selection and better than sprouts, and that is something that Petty's seemed to sell a lot of.

Could be.  I don't buy the prepared food.  I get meat when it's on sale.  It has a lot less "natural juices" than other places.  I hate paying several $/lb for salt water.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 10:13:16 pm »

I like Sprouts, but I feel that the "Farmer's Market" title is misleading.  Their produce and meats come from all over the place just like any other grocery store.  Their prices are also very low, which is good, but it's not a farmers market in the sense I think of them.
I tend to ignore the "Farmer's Market" portion of their name/sign.  Maybe they are referring to the  produce stands which are more "Farmer's Market" like than other grocery stores.

A Fresh Market will do well in Utica Square, but I'm sad to see Petty's go out.  Is it not an option for Petty to revamp the store in a Fresh Market type style?  It is certainly in need of updating.

I was in Petty's a few times looking for some specialty stuff.  While there I looked at their staples.  Same stuff as other stores but priced noticeably higher.  Utica Square is a drive from 111th & Memorial so it would need to be something I couldn't get out south for me to go there.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 03:35:43 pm »

My guess: Fresh Market in the Petty's space (based on what others have already said) and Crate & Barrel in the Miss Jackson's space. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 08:19:28 pm »

My guess: Fresh Market in the Petty's space (based on what others have already said) and Crate & Barrel in the Miss Jackson's space. 

Crate & Barrel?  Yee Haw!   Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 09:42:30 am »

Von Maur?  (Except the space seems pretty small for them)

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 10:34:41 am »

Von Maur?  (Except the space seems pretty small for them)

yeah, too small. I looked it up and Miss Jackson's is only 30,000 square feet, unless there's a massive rebuild taking out parking there's no large department store going in there.

Van Maur is probably just waiting for Sears to go belly up at Woodland, which could be any day now.

Breadburner
City Father

Re:
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 12:31:54 pm »

But it's your place to be a little kid singsoning "I know something you don't know".

Wut....Huh

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 02:40:33 pm »

While I've been in Tulsa almost 40 years, this song is the first time I heard the name "Miss Jackson" and so it pops in my head every time I visit this thread or Utica Square:
https://youtu.be/MYxAiK6VnXw?t=30s
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 07:57:10 pm »

I wish Central Market would open in Tulsa, but this space seems too small. 

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 08:53:19 am »

I wish Central Market would open in Tulsa, but this space seems too small. 

Central Market would be fantastic, blows away Whole Foods and others by a mile in my opinion.  I was addicted to it when I lived in Dallas.  But Utica Square is too small of a space. 
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 09:06:00 am »

Helmerich and Payne owns Miss Jacksons as well as Utica Square.  Does anyone know if they also own Petty's?

kingsy
Citizen

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 09:30:49 am »

Mrs. Jackson's to become Nordstroms
Fresh Market is to go in the SE corner across from Monte Cassino
J. Crew taking the American Eagle spot.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 09:38:15 am »

Helmerich and Payne owns Miss Jacksons as well as Utica Square.  Does anyone know if they also own Petty's?

Last I knew Scott Petty still owned it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org