A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:59:21 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Senator Brinkley  (Read 3483 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: June 13, 2015, 08:12:48 am »

I've always had a suspicion about this guy. To much T.V. news time for my liking. Kinda like Smoot.
Former Pastor. There's a red flag. Hard nose BBB news spokesman. Look at me, Look at me. And now Politician. Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner.
So it looks like Mr Brinkley has some splainin to do.  Shocked

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/state-ethics-commission-next-to-investigate-sen-rick-brinkley/article_49a211bb-0d8e-560c-9554-cf3eb78f5039.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 07:46:06 am »

All of these things may be accurate, but he has never struck me as dumb. If these alegations are true then this was stunningly stupid.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 01:15:21 pm »

Embezzlement is typically a crime of opportunity (poor financial controls) combined with some underlying financial stress in the embezzler’s life.  Most rationalize that it is temporary until the crisis passes and then they will pay it all back and no one will be the wiser.  Of course, the downward spiral usually continues until they are in too deep and there is no way out.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 02:08:05 pm »

Embezzlement is typically a crime of opportunity (poor financial controls) combined with some underlying financial stress in the embezzler’s life.  Most rationalize that it is temporary until the crisis passes and then they will pay it all back and no one will be the wiser.  Of course, the downward spiral usually continues until they are in too deep and there is no way out.

All covered in this paragraph from the article. Gambling habit and embezzlement to cover his responsibilities that hadn't been paid.

Earlier this month, the Better Business Bureau filed suit against Brinkley in Tulsa County District Court. The organization alleges that he used more than $1 million of its money to pay “his mortgage, pool cleaner, personal credit card invoices, and to support a hidden gambling habit.”
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 02:36:30 pm »

All covered in this paragraph from the article. Gambling habit and embezzlement to cover his responsibilities that hadn't been paid.

So a trip to Vegas or a few good nights at the Hard Rock was eventually going to pay all that back.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org