A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Zoning Code, only few days left to comment.  (Read 2843 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« on: June 01, 2015, 07:52:21 am »

What do you think about the new features proposed in the zoning code update public review draft? The document under consideration is a working draft; your input will help us shape the final product. Four days left to comment.

Please leave a comment!

http://www.peakdemocracy.com/portals/121/Forum_355/Issue_2362

My personal interest is with downtown.  Right now no new zoning will be allowed.  I would like for the possibility of zoning to be available.

One reason is that we will be hoping to create transit corridors in downtown, some of which will connect to other parts of the city as well.   We may also be investing in other related infrastructure improvements, everything from transit shelters to parking garages.

Just as we have zoning in place to protect our investments and follow our over all plans in other parts of the city, we should also be able to consider having, transit friendly, pedestrian lively, zoning for our investments and plans downtown.

When the public is investing in a vision and a plan (like the Downtown Small Area Plan), which may call for things like, a downtown transit corridor, an "anything goes" "willy nilly" no plan approach to development along those corridors strikes me as unwise and possibly even irresponsible.  I believe in freedom for individual developers to do what they want, but I also think that having some "checks and balances" to accommodate bigger picture, public concerns and investments could be important.

I believe we should strike the proposed language from the new comprehensive plan which forbids future zoning overlays in downtown.  I do not believe our hands should be tied in this way as we move forward.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 08:14:47 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org