A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:22 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Human Garbage and the Waco Massacre  (Read 99841 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2015, 08:47:54 am »

The Associated Press must be champing at the bit because they have seen uncensored video, but arent allowed to show it, while prosecutors flout their own gag order to leak more suspiciously edited video to CNN.

Sadly, it is rare for their to be a government requested gag order in place that serves the public interest. I can't remember a time when the gag order was listed and I went, "oh, that was reasonable." Clearly that's possible, but it seems more often it is used to CYA.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2015, 10:36:54 pm »

Sadly, it is rare for their to be a government requested gag order in place that serves the public interest. I can't remember a time when the gag order was listed and I went, "oh, that was reasonable." Clearly that's possible, but it seems more often it is used to CYA.

Patrick Jim Harris is far from the gang member authorities have portrayed him to be. In fact, he's pretty much the poster child of an all American kid: A 28-year-old grad student attending St. Edwards University, diligently working on his Master's Degree in counseling, while impressively pulling straight A's.

He's also a man of strong Catholic belief, whose road name happens to be "Saint" --a title not of his own choosing. It was a nick-name given to him by men and women from the homeless population he frequently assists, who refer to him as their "Sainted Guardian Angel."

And despite the official spin, Patrick's not anti-police. In actuality, he has multiple family members who are retired from Texas Law enforcement: (including his deceased, biological father).

Patrick's a proud member of the Grim Guardian's Motorcycle Club, an M.C. whose associates include active clergymen. His club's mission is to serve abused and foster children.

So far, not exactly the picture of a classic organized criminal, right? So how did Patrick, along with close to 200 innocent bikers, get caught-up in this nightmare?

In Patrick's situation, here's what occurred: Arriving at Twin Peaks to attend the meeting, he was swept-up in the mass arrest. Eventually, along with several others, he was released on bond.

But look out, because soon afterward, the police changed their minds, and a warrant was issued for his re-arrest. So, Patrick turned himself in. Only this time, authorities dramatically increased his bail to 2 million dollars.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/candy-chand/nightmare-in-waco-bikers-_b_8786502.html

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2015, 08:20:41 am »

Bail is supposed to be set at an amount to encourage the individual to come back and face their charges. $2,000,000 per a person who turned themselves in seems insane.

Also,

the Mclellan County Grand Jury has handed down 106 biker indictments for organized crime with conspiracy to commit murder

SO basically everyone in a motorcycle club is "organized crime" and they were ALL conspiring to murder people? Worst. Conspiracy. Ever. Once more than 100 people are in on your secret plan to kill people, well, it isn't a very good secret. Grand juries would indict Kennedy's lapel pin for murder. A former federal prosecutor has several good write-ups on how grand juries actually work. It's a minor speed bump.

Lets put it this way, a grand jury does what the government tells it to do 99.995% of the time. So either our government is so good at what it does that it is right 99.995% of the time, or the system is a sham.

about 5/100,000. The mind struggles to find something else that reliable. I've lived in my current house for ~12 years. I turn my porch light on each night before I go to bed.  That's nearly 4,500 times. I know the bulb has burned out at least twice. I know we have had a few power outages. I feel confident in saying the failure rate of my light switch is 5/4,500, or 99.9%. When I flick that switch, I'm confident the light will come on. But, statistically, the government is 10 times more certain that whatever indictment they present will be successful as I am that the lights will come on when I hit that switch.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:26:14 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2015, 06:31:48 pm »

Bail is supposed to be set at an amount to encourage the individual to come back and face their charges. $2,000,000 per a person who turned themselves in seems insane.

Also,

SO basically everyone in a motorcycle club is "organized crime" and they were ALL conspiring to murder people? Worst. Conspiracy. Ever. Once more than 100 people are in on your secret plan to kill people, well, it isn't a very good secret. Grand juries would indict Kennedy's lapel pin for murder. A former federal prosecutor has several good write-ups on how grand juries actually work. It's a minor speed bump.

Lets put it this way, a grand jury does what the government tells it to do 99.995% of the time. So either our government is so good at what it does that it is right 99.995% of the time, or the system is a sham.

about 5/100,000. The mind struggles to find something else that reliable. I've lived in my current house for ~12 years. I turn my porch light on each night before I go to bed.  That's nearly 4,500 times. I know the bulb has burned out at least twice. I know we have had a few power outages. I feel confident in saying the failure rate of my light switch is 5/4,500, or 99.9%. When I flick that switch, I'm confident the light will come on. But, statistically, the government is 10 times more certain that whatever indictment they present will be successful as I am that the lights will come on when I hit that switch.

Waco prosecutor convinces grand jury to indict 177 people for death of imaginary 10th victim

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Another-Twin-Peaks-biker-controversy-as-6708631.php

http://blog.chron.com/narcoconfidential/2015/12/quanell-x-waco-cops-should-admit-shooting-bikers/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2015, 10:02:08 am »

I wonder how the Waco, TX Tourist Bureau is taking all this... I bet they are just swamped with tourist requests right about now....!

It is like Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Somalia, and probably dozens of other places that I will never go to visit!!  And if I have to drive by, then it will be around on TX 6 frontage road.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2016, 07:31:40 pm »

The irrefutable fact is, the confrontation between (rival clubs) was contrived by multiple federal police forces to obtain predicate racketeering acts for a long-sought indictment of the Banditos. The skein of investigations that preceded the Twin Peaks massacre was not simply something called “Operation Texas Rocker.” There were, in fact, at least three, intertwined , federal investigations going back 34 months.

Nine people died, 20 were wounded and 186 were arrested as a result of an incredibly botched federal investigation.

http://www.agingrebel.com/13791

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2016, 01:37:31 pm »

The irrefutable fact is, the confrontation between (rival clubs) was contrived by multiple federal police forces to obtain predicate racketeering acts for a long-sought indictment of the Banditos. The skein of investigations that preceded the Twin Peaks massacre was not simply something called “Operation Texas Rocker.” There were, in fact, at least three, intertwined , federal investigations going back 34 months.

Nine people died, 20 were wounded and 186 were arrested as a result of an incredibly botched federal investigation.

But I have to admire the tenacity of renaming the "Twin Peaks Waco Biker Massacre" to something hip like "Operation Texas Rocker" without even mentioning the Twin Peaks Waco Biker Massacre in their self-aggrandizing report.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2016, 08:17:51 pm »

Sand Springs biker waives arraignment in Waco shootings

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/usworld/sand-springs-biker-waives-arraignment-in-waco-shootings/article_c9ad9138-8aad-541c-9c61-2cf73a5eeae9.html

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2016, 07:36:32 pm »

I have to agree with that.  There has apparently been far more effort in keeping witnesses quiet and stifling investigations into police activity that there has been action on criminal investigation. They have bullets in bodies. They have bullets in walls They have firearms and shell casings. They have surveillance videos and dozens of police as witnesses. Yet they can't figure this thing out??

Also - the deal they required people to sign to get our of jail was deemed hogwash. You can't require people to keep quiet and say you did everything right as a condition for release from unlawful detention...

Someone is clearly a murderer, or several someones. OR it was self defense. 6 months?

But they know exactly what happened.

They seized hundreds of cellphones, thousands of hours of video, and countless intercepted text messages that will never see the light of day.
Their snipers have likely watched their kills over and over with morbid satisfaction.

There will be Congressional hearings, but by then the careers that would have ended will be allowed to quietly retire with comfortable severance packages that most certainly will not include the prison terms they deserve.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2016, 10:17:12 pm »

Turns out one of the warring "gangs" in Saturday's Colorado Motorcycle Expo shooting was a cop club

Police believe gunfire was exchanged and are also investigating whether other law enforcement officers from outside Denver were involved.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29453858/shootings-stabbings-reported-at-denver-coliseum

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2016, 08:40:20 am »

Their snipers have likely watched their kills over and over with morbid satisfaction.

There will be Congressional hearings, but by then the careers that would have ended will be allowed to quietly retire with comfortable severance packages that most certainly will not include the prison terms they deserve.

You, my friend, are starting to wonder into LaLa land. Now we have sniper kills? Let's find the guys that were killed with 308's to center mass, then we will start talking about snipers. Throw in a few, no doubt secret, Congressional hearings for the snipers just for good measure.

I share your suspicions. But there is a line between distrust of government and conspiracy theory.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2016, 09:38:31 am »

Turns out one of the warring "gangs" in Saturday's Colorado Motorcycle Expo shooting was a cop club

Police believe gunfire was exchanged and are also investigating whether other law enforcement officers from outside Denver were involved.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29453858/shootings-stabbings-reported-at-denver-coliseum

Here’s another account of what happened:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29456619/motorcycle-club-lawyer-members-attacked-by-rival-gangs

So what are a bunch of LEOs doing wearing double rocker patches with the MC patch?  That’s very clearly identification as an “outlaw” club.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2016, 01:22:57 pm »

So what are a bunch of LEOs doing wearing double rocker patches with the MC patch?  That’s very clearly identification as an “outlaw” club.

It seems to be centered around a "Corrections Officer", but given their police officer status you could expect most if not all to be packing heat.

Stephen Stubbs, who represents the Mongols, told Denver7 members of the Iron Order (police motorcycle club) instigated the attack after one of them pulled a gun and threatened some of the Mongols.
But John Whitfield, the attorney representing the Iron Order, told Denver7’s Kyle Horan the scuffle began after one of the Mongols said a racial slur to an African American member of the Iron Order. Whitfield added the brawl then took place, and one member of the Iron Order pulled out a gun and started shooting, fearing for his life.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/denver/victim-in-colorado-motorcyle-expo-biker-club-shooting-identified-as-victor-mendoza

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2016, 03:54:14 pm »

It seems to be centered around a "Corrections Officer", but given their police officer status you could expect most if not all to be packing heat.

Stephen Stubbs, who represents the Mongols, told Denver7 members of the Iron Order (police motorcycle club) instigated the attack after one of them pulled a gun and threatened some of the Mongols.
But John Whitfield, the attorney representing the Iron Order, told Denver7’s Kyle Horan the scuffle began after one of the Mongols said a racial slur to an African American member of the Iron Order. Whitfield added the brawl then took place, and one member of the Iron Order pulled out a gun and started shooting, fearing for his life.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/denver/victim-in-colorado-motorcyle-expo-biker-club-shooting-identified-as-victor-mendoza

Interesting to me that the Mongols were involved.  When I used to work on the front range from 1997 through 2000, I had a hobby restoring and dealing in antique Harley parts so I would go to the expo for the swap meet. 

In those days, it was mostly Bandidos and Sons of Silence running the front range, you really didn’t see Mongols out and about and I’d never heard of Iron Order until this morning.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »

Wrong again [I used bad language and the moderator had to redact it].....Corrections officer.....But that doesn't fit your retarded mantra....

Adding an extra character doesn't change the meaning. It also doesn't change the personal and direct insult. Try to focus on issues, not insults. - Moderator
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:59:01 am by Moderator » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org