A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:49:54 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some grass, man  (Read 10108 times)
rebound
City Father

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 08:02:24 am »

After this conversation regarding clover last week, I happened to notice a yard near my house that was otherwise meticulously manicured, with lots of bedding plants around the edges, etc, that also had broad stand of clover running across it.  While I tend to be a purist, especially for front yards, I have to admit it was a pretty nice look with all the white flowers.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 08:05:09 am »

After this conversation regarding clover last week, I happened to notice a yard near my house that was otherwise meticulously manicured, with lots of bedding plants around the edges, etc, that also had broad stand of clover running across it.  While I tend to be a purist, especially for front yards, I have to admit it was a pretty nice look with all the white flowers.

Keep an eye on that place - later in the year, it will be greener than the surrounding area, depending on the chemicals they use.  Clover is a legume that 'fixes' nitrogen into nodules on the roots.  This is later released back into the soil over time.  Slow release nitrogen fix.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 10:18:47 am »

If you want to experiment, go for it.  Buy a few rolls of sod and place them where you want the stuff to grow.  If you get bermuda sod, you can cut it into smaller peices - probably down to about 1' x 1'.  Make a checkerboard pattern.  It would probably fill in and go to surrounding areas this summer.... it is very aggressive.

Might be a backyard experiment.   I didnt know about the seed place on east 11th, will try it out.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 01:30:38 pm »

Might be a backyard experiment.   I didnt know about the seed place on east 11th, will try it out.

Feed store.  Way out east, almost to the end of the world.... Might be others closer in town, too.

Holman's Seed in Collinsville has this type of thing, too.  Bought some red clover out there over the weekend....now just need a little dry weather to plant it...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org