A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:08:02 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: License Plates, etc.  (Read 2843 times)
Jammie
Civic Leader

« on: May 10, 2015, 06:41:52 am »

To prevent some awful surprises for us, could you tell me what you pay for license plates/tags or whatever the local term is for them? Would there be a higher fee the first time you register a vehicle in OK? The reason I ask is because I had family who had moved out of state (Not to OK) several years ago and their fee for first time registration was $300 per vehicle. I believe that's probably dropped in half by now, but it was still a costly surprise.

I checked and our last cost (in Nov.) was $70 for a 2010 Impala LT. Does that sound similar to yours? Also, does anyone know what the cost is when you buy a different vehicle? We used to pay a 3% tax on the total, but it's now 4%. Is yours similar?

We also went to your DMV website, but I'm still confused.

We got an online estimate from Geico going with the same coverage we have now and the cost was $285.43 every six months. Would that be a good choice or are there local companies that would be just as good or better?

Driver's licenses~We've already gone through the process where the law changed in SD. We've done our first and only time of providing our birth certificates/marriage license, etc. We could now renew our license in state with only providing our old license. Will we have to start over in OK or just give them our current driver's license?

Thank you and Happy Mother's Day!

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 09:35:18 am »

The info you seek is here:

http://www.tax.ok.gov/motveh.html
saintnicster
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 10:57:40 am »

The info you seek is here:

http://www.tax.ok.gov/motveh.html
Specifically fees  and FAQ - "I just moved to Oklahoma and need to register my vehicle(s) here.  What do I need and
where do I go?"
Driver's licenses~We've already gone through the process where the law changed in SD. We've done our first and only time of providing our birth certificates/marriage license, etc. We could now renew our license in state with only providing our old license. Will we have to start over in OK or just give them our current driver's license?
Googling oklahoma transfer drivers license brought up this -> Transferring a Driver License from Another State (Over the Age of 18).
Yes, you'll need two forms of ID, but it looks like birth certificate and marriage license will work.
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 06:14:00 am »

Thank you so much for the link and the clarification. I struggle trying to find info on those sites. It looks like it's a good thing that we kept our birth certificates and marriage certificate all in one envelope since it looks like we'll need it AGAIN.

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org