A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:59:23 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ritz Cabaret strip club to be a Starbucks  (Read 14348 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: April 27, 2015, 12:43:15 pm »

Strip club suddenly closes, will become a Starbucks

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/strip-club-suddenly-closes-will-become-a-starbucks/article_fd3d6aa8-eb61-55a8-966d-482a2ba56d95.html

It's the last dance for The Ritz Cabaret strip club, as the building will be demolished to make way for a Starbucks and a Mattress Firm.

The building at 1881 S. Yale Ave. was purchased last Friday for $950,000 by Austin developer Kyle Anz, said Caitlin Boewe, a broker with CB Richard Ellis. The seller was Marshall and Moore LLC.
Boewe said The Ritz was shut down over the weekend, and the building will soon be demolished to make way for a 6,000 square foot two-tenant commercial building.

The strip club wasn't targeted for moral reasons -- Boewe said everyone saw a prime business opportunity.
“We found out it could be purchased, I presented it to Kyle, we put together the two leases and he closed on the building on Friday,” she said.
Phone calls to The Ritz indicated the number had been disconnected.

Boewe said the building was a prime purchase due to its location, as various new shops and businesses have popped up to better serve the University of Tulsa and Utica areas. Tulsa County land records indicate the 5,752 square-foot building has a fair market value of $661,400.

The building was originally constructed as a branch of the former Tulsa Federal Savings & Loan Association.

Anz has bought, built or numerous smaller commercial buildings in Tulsa over the years, including the Sleep Number and Noodles and Company building at 9205 E. 71st Street, and the former Famous Dave's near Woodland Hills Mall that was razed and rebuilt as a Jos A. Bank and Vitamin Shoppe, Boewe said.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 12:50:53 pm »

The circle of life.

Power is nothing till you use it.
onehandoneheart
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:51:48 pm »

So, now there'll be a full Starbucks in that area--in addition to the Starbucks already inside of Target.

I've been wondering about the fate of that strip club building for a while now. A few weeks ago, I was browsing the city's permit map and found a "shell" building permit application filed in March for that address. The Ritz actually closed a few weeks ago according to their website, which I looked at after finding the permit info. (The website is now gone.)
saintnicster
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 02:11:56 pm »

They already tore down the old building that had Collins in it, why not build there?

Or is there something else planned for that space?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 02:12:28 pm »

What?  No plumbing problems?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 05:15:36 pm »

Now I can come home smelling like coffee instead of smelling like stripper. And I hope there is less glitter involved.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 06:10:11 pm »

They already tore down the old building that had Collins in it, why not build there?

Looks like they're framing out a foundation last I was there.  Those of you that know me know that I make at least one trip to Collins a week.   Smiley

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 06:21:24 am »

Chick Fil-A is building at the Collins site. Different kind of breasts and buns altogether.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 08:10:32 am »

Chick Fil-A is building at the Collins site. Different kind of breasts and buns altogether.

The Christian kind...

There's no chance of a OKC legislator showing up at a Chik Fil-A with a can of lighter fluid. That chicken ain't evil.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 09:03:55 am »

Is Homophobic Chikken a done deal?  The folks at Collins’ indicated that was going to be more parking for now.  They are reputed to be building one at 41st & Yale on a pad site by the Reasor’s.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 09:58:27 am »

Is Homophobic Chikken a done deal?  The folks at Collins’ indicated that was going to be more parking for now.  They are reputed to be building one at 41st & Yale on a pad site by the Reasor’s.

Looking at the form they have for the old location (concrete form) it looks like a new foundation is getting ready to be set.  I wouldn't think that is parking.  However, each time I go up there on a weekend it's more difficult to come by parking up there.  Glad to see their business is doing well in the new space.

BTW, I had my first poor beer referral up there.  One of the ladies at the desk suggested I try Shiner Bock Ruby Redbird (pale with citrus start and a hint of ginger).  I'll never buy it again.  They suggested it because it was a lesser priced beer.

I see why now.  Gads.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 10:07:30 am »

Looking at the form they have for the old location (concrete form) it looks like a new foundation is getting ready to be set.  I wouldn't think that is parking.  However, each time I go up there on a weekend it's more difficult to come by parking up there.  Glad to see their business is doing well in the new space.

BTW, I had my first poor beer referral up there.  One of the ladies at the desk suggested I try Shiner Bock Ruby Redbird (pale with citrus start and a hint of ginger).  I'll never buy it again.  They suggested it because it was a lesser priced beer.

I see why now.  Gads.

Give Boulevard Hibiscus Gose a try when it comes out.  I’m not a huge sour beer fan, and generally not a supporter of the larger brewery conglomerates, but that one was quite refreshing to have around last year.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
onehandoneheart
Citizen

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 10:07:55 am »

The Chick-fil-A construction at Southroads Shopping Center is in full swing. They leveled the old Just for Feet/Halloween Express/Wedding store building to the west of Old Navy several weeks ago. They might even have walls up now. I haven't driven by in a while.

I passed by the old Collins site on the way to Target this weekend and I could see them working on, what looked like, curbs for the pad site. Looks to me like they are just preparing that area for any future construction that happens there. If they were actively working on the foundation of a new building, I think a permit would be needed and I wasn't able to find one issued recently.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 10:30:57 am »

I see why now.  Gads.

The Mrs. is a big fan of the Ruby Redbird.  It's not too bad after a day spent mowing and working in the yard.  I actually like their newish Belgian White, White Wing.  Have you tried it?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 11:16:50 am »

Its only a matter of time until someone slips and turns it into a drive-thru.
Some concrete street furniture out front might be a good investment.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org