A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:40:31 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1551 Cherry St Buildling  (Read 29958 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2015, 10:14:54 am »

People should listen to what LandArchPoke is preaching.

Listening is one thing. Following is foolhardy.

Listen to H. TCC has lots of unused parking during peak times on Cherry Street and would be a great staging area for any Ent district using shuttles.

onward...through the fog
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2015, 10:21:33 am »

Bumgarner aint gonna let go of that property.......

I'm surprised he hasn't developed it yet.  One of the most high profile empty lots in midtown.

On the subject of Cherry Creek parking, the goal should be to tie it into a larger mixed-use project.  Take the Lincoln Elem. property with Jason's Deli, Chimi's, etc.  Develop the surface lots along 15th into 4-5 story apartment or condo buildings with retail space along the street.  Give the tenants at the back the option of relocating to those spaces.  Maintain an alley behind for access to Jason's Deli and Chimi's.   Tear down the section at the back and build a 2-3 level parking garage keeping the facade of the existing building at the base of the garage with access off Quaker.  The garage would serve the residents as well as office tenants above Jason's Deli and the public using Cherry Creek.  
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:35:20 am by SXSW » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2015, 12:29:21 pm »

Bumgarner aint gonna let go of that property.......

Lease it from him.  The parking is in place, and there is a compelling public need...he must let us draw the water from the well.  Certainly, he can present a bill for such services.  After all, we are not Communists.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2015, 12:46:47 pm »

There is more of a need for this on Brookside than Cherry street.......

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2015, 01:14:28 pm »

People should listen to what LandArchPoke is preaching.

Thank you  Smiley

Listening is one thing. Following is foolhardy.

Listen to H. TCC has lots of unused parking during peak times on Cherry Street and would be a great staging area for any Ent district using shuttles.

Now I'm convinced you aren't actually reading what anyone says.

Please refer to « Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 08:49:04 pm » In which I talk about how we could connect Utica Sq, Cherry St, and Downtown. Connecting Cherry Street to downtown would mean running a streetcar (or shuttles to start) along 2 roads (Boston Ave or Main St) which would take them past all that parking.

I thought the only way was to build parking for all of those customers and employees?

Supply and demand influence whether transit is successful. If you build thousands of parking spaces along Cherry Street like you suggest then transit will never be successful and we will continue to demolish housing for surface parking lots. We will also continue to erode our tax base.

I'm surprised he hasn't developed it yet.  One of the most high profile empty lots in midtown.

On the subject of Cherry Creek parking, the goal should be to tie it into a larger mixed-use project.  Take the Lincoln Elem. property with Jason's Deli, Chimi's, etc.  Develop the surface lots along 15th into 4-5 story apartment or condo buildings with retail space along the street.  Give the tenants at the back the option of relocating to those spaces.  Maintain an alley behind for access to Jason's Deli and Chimi's.   Tear down the section at the back and build a 2-3 level parking garage keeping the facade of the existing building at the base of the garage with access off Quaker.  The garage would serve the residents as well as office tenants above Jason's Deli and the public using Cherry Creek.  

Hillcrest is the primary owner of that block along Utica. They own 75% of that frontage. Bumgarner owns some frontage along Utica towards 15th and then owns the rest of the land that fronts Troost.

In regards to Cherry Creek. If the Catholic church could be talked into it, I would construct a parking structure at the corner of 16th & Quincy where their parking lot is now, just make it multi-level underground and above ground and throw some apartments on top of it (which would home amazing views of downtown). Once that structure is built you could infill the surface parking fronting Peoria and 15th that center has with mixed-use development, and maybe build a level or two of underground parking too. While the parking there is under construction customers can use the parking garage on the catholic church site or they can have valet service to there.  
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:32:33 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2015, 01:26:19 pm »

Wasn't he going to build a mid rise medical office building there and he got stopped by the Great Recession? I would assume that is still his plan as demand inches up.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2015, 02:29:04 pm »

His other developments around Utica Square have been successful and there is demand for new Class A office space in midtown.  That location in between two hospitals should also be very attractive for medical offices.  I would hope something mixed-use and relatively dense/tall like Utica Place (another Bumgarner project) gets built there.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2015, 04:47:45 pm »

Thank you  Smiley

Now I'm convinced you aren't actually reading what anyone says.

Please refer to « Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 08:49:04 pm » In which I talk about how we could connect Utica Sq, Cherry St, and Downtown. Connecting Cherry Street to downtown would mean running a streetcar (or shuttles to start) along 2 roads (Boston Ave or Main St) which would take them past all that parking.

I thought the only way was to build parking for all of those customers and employees?

Supply and demand influence whether transit is successful. If you build thousands of parking spaces along Cherry Street like you suggest then transit will never be successful and we will continue to demolish housing for surface parking lots. We will also continue to erode our tax base.

Hillcrest is the primary owner of that block along Utica. They own 75% of that frontage. Bumgarner owns some frontage along Utica towards 15th and then owns the rest of the land that fronts Troost.

In regards to Cherry Creek. If the Catholic church could be talked into it, I would construct a parking structure at the corner of 16th & Quincy where their parking lot is now, just make it multi-level underground and above ground and throw some apartments on top of it (which would home amazing views of downtown). Once that structure is built you could infill the surface parking fronting Peoria and 15th that center has with mixed-use development, and maybe build a level or two of underground parking too. While the parking there is under construction customers can use the parking garage on the catholic church site or they can have valet service to there.  

Did you say something?

We haven't been reading each other's posts practically since the beginning of this thread. You lost lots of credibility by asserting business interests exceeded neighborhood interests and in not noting the examples you asked for and I laid out. Preach to your crowd. I'll preach to mine.

onward...through the fog
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2015, 04:55:45 pm »

and in not noting the examples you asked for and I laid out. Preach to your crowd. I'll preach to mine.

English please?

Oh, and I've read all your posts.

It's hard to debate or understand anyone when they just shove their fingers in their ears and yell "I'm not listening, I'm not listening - LALALA"
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2015, 09:12:17 pm »

There is more of a need for this on Brookside than Cherry street.......

Brookside is another GREAT candidate for this...and only a short distance further!  There are probably others... just gotta get started somewhere.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org