A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:59 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Doctor  (Read 9884 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: April 22, 2015, 09:22:58 am »

I am shopping around for a new Doctor. I haven't had to do this in over 30 years. I just need a general practitioner for my prescriptions and general check ups. I go every three months for that. Doctors accepting new patients I have heard will be the difficult part.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 05:19:17 pm »

I always have trouble adjusting to a new Doctor.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 05:54:59 pm »

I am shopping around for a new Doctor. I haven't had to do this in over 30 years. I just need a general practitioner for my prescriptions and general check ups. I go every three months for that. Doctors accepting new patients I have heard will be the difficult part.

I had to do that twice in the last 15 years....huge pain in the backside.  May be forced into it again.  Have gone to Omni Med group - which has now become St. John.  Dr's I have been to are very good.  Dealing with the business side is painful.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 06:09:19 pm »

Dr. Joe Wolf.....None better......918 748 8111...Old school.....About 34th and Harvard......

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 07:33:52 am »

Dr. Joe Wolf.....None better......918 748 8111...Old school.....About 34th and Harvard......

He's not accepting new patients. Thanks BB. The search continues.  Undecided

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 10:26:19 am »

I have been reading some chapters on surgery. Now I just need some people to practice on.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 10:48:02 am »

He's not accepting new patients. Thanks BB. The search continues.  Undecided

Damn....!!!!.....I might be able to fix that for you....!!!

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 10:49:37 am »

I have been reading some chapters on surgery. Now I just need some people to practice on.

Eroica
Citizen

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 01:39:00 pm »

We've been seeing Dr. John Hervert for a while and like him very much. http://www.osumc.net/clinic_locations/riverside-primary-care/
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 01:48:57 pm »

Omni Medical Group 81st & Memorial, Bruce Bennett is a good one.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 01:54:43 pm »

Omni Medical Group 81st & Memorial, Bruce Bennett is a good one.

It's now St John's.  Good group.  Has become more difficult to deal with on the business side.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 02:37:34 pm »

I have allergies and every once in awhile I get sinus and ear infections. Can't breath, sore throat, green snot, the whole nine. When it gets that far, it usually takes antibiotics to clear up at minimum. I've tried "riding it out" but it gets far worse. On one of these occasions I went to Omni/St Johns at 81st and Memorial to see a doctor recommended to me. She told me it was no big deal but I was obviously one of those people who just comes in for prescriptions and won't be satisfied unless I get some. At this point I hadn't had a prescription filled in about three years. She was also giving me a prescription for the antibiotic Amoxicillin. I'm not an expert, but I'm not aware of any "Mox Junkies" or any big "Mox busts."

Just ticked me off, never went back.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 02:59:44 pm »

I have allergies and every once in awhile I get sinus and ear infections. Can't breath, sore throat, green snot, the whole nine. When it gets that far, it usually takes antibiotics to clear up at minimum. I've tried "riding it out" but it gets far worse. On one of these occasions I went to Omni/St Johns at 81st and Memorial to see a doctor recommended to me. She told me it was no big deal but I was obviously one of those people who just comes in for prescriptions and won't be satisfied unless I get some. At this point I hadn't had a prescription filled in about three years. She was also giving me a prescription for the antibiotic Amoxicillin. I'm not an expert, but I'm not aware of any "Mox Junkies" or any big "Mox busts."

Just ticked me off, never went back.

Tulsa Allergy Clinic.

Green isn't allergy - clear is - green is when the infection has set in.  For those occasional times, the med centers are pretty good....

And Mucinex (and generic) works wonders!!  If you can tolerate guaifenesin...

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 05:26:56 pm »

Tulsa Allergy Clinic.

Green isn't allergy - clear is - green is when the infection has set in.  For those occasional times, the med centers are pretty good....

And Mucinex (and generic) works wonders!!  If you can tolerate guaifenesin...

My wife goes there, swears by them. I was treated as a wee lad. My allergies are about 10% of what they used to be and I could go back but the best I can hope for is a couple of percent improvement. Not really worth it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 08:24:22 am »

It's now St John's.  Good group.  Has become more difficult to deal with on the business side.

i haven’t had any issues with them on the business side, thus far, other than the RML behind there never getting my insurance information correct.  What kind of issues have you had?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org