A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:31:43 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Park in the Pearl  (Read 10334 times)
saintnicster
« on: April 17, 2015, 10:04:56 am »

https://www.facebook.com/TheParkinthePearl

"Tulsa's first Food Truck park"

418 S Peoria.  Facebook page says that the open house & preview will be April 25th and 26th.
TulsaGuy
Activist

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:25:53 am »

Will they have any infrastructure set up for the food trucks?  How about bathrooms? Or will it simply be a dedicated area perhaps with some picnic tables and trash cans?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 10:28:07 am »

Is this an ongoing thing there or just a one time event? I couldn't tell reading the facebook.

onward...through the fog
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 11:11:37 am »

It is planned as an ongoing thing.

I doubt there will be bathrooms but I know they were building picnic tables.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 12:45:56 pm »

I wonder who is in charge of vendor rental. Or if it works that way.

onward...through the fog
saintnicster
Re:
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 11:08:39 am »

Here at the preview event.  They have a beer truck and a couple of portajohns right now.

Overheard a lady at the Doghouse truck, she mentioned them wanting it to be mon-saturday, lunch and dinner.  They're also working towards a liquor license, but nothing else there.

Nice atmosphere - old grass lot with a couple of trees. Bunch of picnic tables, some with umbrellas.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 07:50:40 pm »

While I love the concept of food truck courts and applaud the efforts of these entrepreneurs to bring it to Tulsa... this just doesn't sound like it cuts it. Check out Bleu Garten in OKC for an example of this concept done right (http://www.okctalk.com/showwiki.php?title=Bleu+Garten). Port-a-potties and picnic benches in an abandoned lot is about the bare minimum level of effort they could have put into this. Let's hope this doesn't discourage a real attempt at this in Tulsa. Wasn't the Blue Dome going to be converted into a small FTC somehow?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 11:56:16 am »

While I love the concept of food truck courts and applaud the efforts of these entrepreneurs to bring it to Tulsa... this just doesn't sound like it cuts it. Check out Bleu Garten in OKC for an example of this concept done right (http://www.okctalk.com/showwiki.php?title=Bleu+Garten). Port-a-potties and picnic benches in an abandoned lot is about the bare minimum level of effort they could have put into this. Let's hope this doesn't discourage a real attempt at this in Tulsa. Wasn't the Blue Dome going to be converted into a small FTC somehow?

As mentioned above, this was a temporary event. The court doesn't open for a few months. The port a potties were for the event.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 08:52:29 am »

Wasn't the Blue Dome going to be converted into a small FTC somehow?

As far as I know that is still the plan.  I hope they also add some trees and landscaping around it.

cbs
Citizen

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 09:59:30 am »

I went on Saturday. Quaint little setup with 4 food trucks & a couple portapotties. Looks like there was a decent crowd there.

I spoke with one of the owners and he said they only have a temporary permit to operate right now.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 07:08:53 am »

The park was approved by the board of adjustments yesterday. Congrats to the Josh and team for all his hard work to get this to happen.  Smiley

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 04:08:32 pm »

New brewery planned for this site: Willow Family Ales http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/whattheale/what-the-ale-the-pearl-district-to-get-yet-another/article_eab763a7-7e5b-5ebe-995a-ec6cff5bfbf2.html

That would be the 2nd proposed brewery for the Pearl to go along with Dead Armadillo and Marshall's that are already there (in addition to Renaissance under construction on Lewis). 

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 04:17:30 pm »

I had heard that they were moving to Wisconsin and I was bummed by that because I always liked their stuff. The article adds "newcomers Cabin Boys Brewing Co. are planning their brewery near Seventh Street and Utica Avenue." So pumped for this.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 04:16:37 pm »

This place was purchased by Willow Family Ales and they are close to opening! It is looking really nice in the photos and in person. It will have quite a large yard and front patio.
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 05:01:37 pm »

This place was purchased by Willow Family Ales and they are close to opening! It is looking really nice in the photos and in person. It will have quite a large yard and front patio.

Where did you find photos?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org