A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:05:37 am
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076591 times)
D-TownTulsan
Activist

« Reply #2055 on: March 07, 2023, 01:09:32 pm »

Interesting plan here: https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment/dining/alley-cat-ranch-is-start-of-largest-multipurpose-adult-playground-in-the-state/article_d99691ba-babc-11ed-98fa-1b44a683f31c.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

This is that old gas station on 2nd north/northeast of The Edge apartments. Tulsa needs more outdoor spaces like this - access in and out of that area is not great though.

For people who can't access the article, it's basically going to be a large outdoor food truck park plus pickle ball courts, ferris wheel, bar areas, and dining areas, etc.

Great concept there!
Reminds me of Ferris Wheelers down here in Dallas. Hopefully it does well. Tulsa needs a TON more patio bars/restaurants around town
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2056 on: March 07, 2023, 04:49:57 pm »

Tulsa needs a TON more patio bars/restaurants around town

Especially on the riverfront with Zink Dam finishing up this year.  Looking at you Blue Rose/Sand Bar

D-TownTulsan
Activist

« Reply #2057 on: March 07, 2023, 05:07:07 pm »

Especially on the riverfront with Zink Dam finishing up this year.  Looking at you Blue Rose/Sand Bar

Absolutely. I was in town last weekend and hung out at the McNellie's downtown on the patio. Great little set up they have there, and wish that more places would do something like that. I REALLY wish some places in south Tulsa would do something like that... Would be super easy and can easily eat up some ugly donkey parking lots
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2058 on: March 07, 2023, 09:40:27 pm »

Absolutely. I was in town last weekend and hung out at the McNellie's downtown on the patio. Great little set up they have there, and wish that more places would do something like that. I REALLY wish some places in south Tulsa would do something like that... Would be super easy and can easily eat up some ugly donkey parking lots

My dream patio would be the gravel lots around the Blue Dome building with a combo bar/coffee shop (like Hodges Bend) inside and big trees planted outside like what they did at McNellies.  The Mont in Norman vibes.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #2059 on: March 07, 2023, 11:19:52 pm »

My dream patio would be the gravel lots around the Blue Dome building with a combo bar/coffee shop (like Hodges Bend) inside and big trees planted outside like what they did at McNellies.  The Mont in Norman vibes.

Year's ago they had announced they planned to do something like that but nothing materialized. The Blue Dome building could use some TLC and an outdoor space would do well there, surprised it's never happened.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2060 on: March 08, 2023, 01:04:15 pm »

Year's ago they had announced they planned to do something like that but nothing materialized. The Blue Dome building could use some TLC and an outdoor space would do well there, surprised it's never happened.

That entire block-long stretch of Elgin needs TLC.  It would be amazing to see the Blue Dome reused and the New Midtown Adult Superstore redeveloped.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2061 on: March 08, 2023, 04:15:14 pm »

Yes, most of that block is just parking and dead space. The opposite corner of 2nd and detroit is begging for something. Especially once the TAC project gets going...

The adult superstore will be hard to get rid of because there's nowhere else for them to go. They are a relic of the past when DT was a ghost town, but now it's so hard to find a place where a business like that could get a SUP. People from miles around would come to protest if it moved anywhere near them. In the old days they may have been able to slip into a more derelict area without many noticing, but now it's more obvious when things are plastered all over the internet. Sadly I think it's here to stay for the foreseeable future and it will scare off some development around the block. Shady Keys did finally make the move into their new digs on 3rd almost across from it though, so maybe that will bring some vibrancy to the block..
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2062 on: March 23, 2023, 06:09:28 pm »

Needs to go back to being the Veteran's Bar!   Was good place then.  Pool in the dome room.  Dominoes in back.  Red beer for a quarter!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2063 on: April 10, 2023, 01:17:42 pm »

In case anyone is in the market for an 11 story building and adjacent parking lot at 6th & Boston..

https://www.ten-x.com/listing/624-S-Boston-Ave/27615900

This would be a prime candidate for an office-to-apartment conversion with state/federal historic tax credits, and future multifamily development of the parking lot at 6th & Main.  

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #2064 on: April 14, 2023, 05:11:16 pm »

If anyone is curious to see some of the newest office developments downtown AIA Eastern Oklahoma is doing tours of a half dozen properties April 29th. Self guided tours come and go as you want from 1-5pm that Saturday.

Includes all 3 of the new office buildings: Vital Energy in Santa Fe Square (Formerly Laredo Energy), 21 Greenwood, and Crowe & Dunlavey in 222 Detroit (WPX building).

Cost is $15 up to date before and $20 day of so pretty reasonable price to see some really cool spaces. 
brettakins
Activist

« Reply #2065 on: April 19, 2023, 07:59:59 pm »

https://www.fox23.com/news/route-66-domed-church-being-transformed-into-concert-venue/article_4d2d7b8c-def0-11ed-9ce4-efd13a9a5a9f.html

TULSA, Okla. — A 1920's church along Route 66 in downtown Tulsa is being transformed into a concert venue.

GH2 Architects LLC has worked on several big Green Country projects including Transformation Church's 167,000 square foot renovation, Grove's new high school and the Herman & Kate Kaiser YMCA amphitheater.

This week GH2 announced it taking the domed building near Boulder and Route 66 and turning it into a recording studio and venue for 1,200 people.

The main level will feature a lounge and recording studio, that can act as a small concert venue. The bigger concert hall will be upstairs. There will also be an outdoor space to showcase artwork.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 08:06:39 pm by brettakins » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2066 on: April 20, 2023, 10:16:54 am »

Good use of that space.  The First Christian Church building across the street was also for sale and may have recently sold?

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #2067 on: April 20, 2023, 10:57:40 am »

Wow - that dome project looks incredible. What a great idea!
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #2068 on: April 21, 2023, 06:52:50 am »

Wow - that dome project looks incredible. What a great idea!

I was still hoping for Evil Lair but I'm down with a concert venue. Maybe change the light coming out of the dome to red. And instead of calling it 'The Dome' how about 'The Boob'? Just throwing ideas out here. Keep Tulsa weird and whatnot.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2069 on: April 22, 2023, 11:43:47 am »

It's going to be cool, but I worry it will just compete with Cain's/The Tulsa theatre and not actually expand our music scene. Tulsa badly needs a venue that hosts 2500-5000 people for a concert. Something between Cain's and the BOK. The Tulsa Theatre is sort of there, but it has fixed seating and is archaic - it's not a great place to see a rock band.

Can't complain though, it's a good use for the building. How successful it will be comes down to execution. Would love to see the EDM scene return to Tulsa.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org