A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:49:05 pm
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1077045 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1950 on: November 15, 2021, 04:19:16 pm »

Love the ambition! Will definitely do some Christmas shopping at your store this year Smiley

Thanks so much!

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1951 on: November 15, 2021, 06:39:01 pm »

Milwaukee has been changing things up a bit but I seem to recall at one point it looked like we were driving right underneath downtown buildings.

Try driving eastbound on the George Washington bridge in NYC sometime.... I-95.  Ride in a big truck to make it even more exciting!   There are scrapes in the concrete over the roadway where trucks have bounced up and hit the 'floor' of the buildings it goes under.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1952 on: November 15, 2021, 07:03:27 pm »

There are scrapes in the concrete over the roadway where trucks have bounced up and hit the 'floor' of the buildings it goes under.

You put any of those scrapes there?

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1953 on: November 15, 2021, 09:07:33 pm »

Love the ambition! Will definitely do some Christmas shopping at your store this year Smiley

Same, love your unique store and have been impressed by the new developments along 11th.  Still a few gaps here and there but quickly becoming a destination district. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1954 on: November 16, 2021, 10:37:35 pm »

You put any of those scrapes there?

To paraphrase Schultz;

I know nothing!

May have - only went through a handful of times and it would always bounce the truck hard at that transition point into the tunnel.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
StLTransplant
Tourist

« Reply #1955 on: November 30, 2021, 03:58:13 pm »

Has anyone heard what is going in the old Next Level on 1st St? They've really opened up the layout on the inside.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1956 on: December 02, 2021, 10:44:36 am »

They are making progress on the new top level of the Brut Hotel at 18th & Boulder.  This will be a rooftop bar/restaurant and event space with a great skyline view

Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #1957 on: December 20, 2021, 12:24:50 pm »

Not related to any specific development, but if you want an indicator of how the north end of downtown is doing/has changed, drive on 244 and look at the number of new buildings in the foreground that rise about the highway. It's a very different view from even 5-6 years ago. Super exciting. I would take a picture, but I'm always driving and I'm not trying to die.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1958 on: December 29, 2021, 11:07:35 am »

https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment/dining/glacier-dessert-bar-closes-in-arts-district/article_75c3b252-6807-11ec-a360-8fc350111dbe.html

Glacier Dessert Bar has closed suddenly. This comes as a shock to me. It always seemed popular, and the cheesecake was amazing. This is a big blow, IMO. We need more unique and non-alcohol centered places like this around downtown. Hopefully they can come back someday when things have settled down with ingredient prices.

Lassalle's New Orleans Deli also closed down. They were on the rocks for awhile though. It's unfortunate that they scrimped by so long and almost made it to the "end" of the pandemic only for this to happen.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1959 on: December 29, 2021, 11:36:00 am »

https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment/dining/glacier-dessert-bar-closes-in-arts-district/article_75c3b252-6807-11ec-a360-8fc350111dbe.html

Glacier Dessert Bar has closed suddenly. This comes as a shock to me. It always seemed popular, and the cheesecake was amazing. This is a big blow, IMO. We need more unique and non-alcohol centered places like this around downtown. Hopefully they can come back someday when things have settled down with ingredient prices.

Lassalle's New Orleans Deli also closed down. They were on the rocks for awhile though. It's unfortunate that they scrimped by so long and almost made it to the "end" of the pandemic only for this to happen.

Lasalle's was a shock to me, especially the abruptness to it. Glacier does not given they have a way more accessible location in Utica Square and also one out south. They also own Emerald Gallery downtown, they just likely have too many locations and given the one they picked to close it was likely that the Utica Square store just had too many of the same customers and there was no need for the additional location downtown.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1960 on: December 29, 2021, 12:16:45 pm »

Fingers crossed we can get a good new Indian food restaurant in downtown/midtown, we are definitely lacking in that area and I think a decent place would do really well.

I am excited about the rooftop bar/restaurant planned for the Brut Hotel.  That building has one of the better skyline views from that angle, and it's close to my house.   Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1961 on: December 29, 2021, 12:17:05 pm »

It's sad that Lassalle's is closed.  I only get downtown a few times a year.  When I did, I got something at Lassalle's.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1962 on: December 29, 2021, 12:27:46 pm »

It's sad that Lassalle's is closed.  I only get downtown a few times a year.  When I did, I got something at Lassalle's.

I wonder if they would consider opening in another location?  They were really popular.  I'd love to see them in the 18th & Boston area or maybe in one of the recently-vacated spots on Cherry Street.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1963 on: December 29, 2021, 12:53:31 pm »

I think a lot of places have just been hanging on hoping to make the end of the pandemic and now that we are in another Covid wave places are giving up. Could get ugly.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1964 on: December 29, 2021, 02:46:22 pm »

I think a lot of places have just been hanging on hoping to make the end of the pandemic and now that we are in another Covid wave places are giving up. Could get ugly.

That could be, some of their govt assistance might be running out too. 

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org