A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:52:35 pm
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076876 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1905 on: August 25, 2021, 10:42:41 am »

The old Rusty Crane/Dos Bandidos location has been under construction apparently. The bricked up the door to the street, which I find odd. Is it becoming part of the lofts?

The building that was once a short lived small grocery/bodega on the other side of Gitwit is also having construction done on the inside.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1906 on: August 26, 2021, 08:11:48 am »

Current view from the ballpark. It's still an impressive view of downtown, even with the new buildings in the way. Once the view is done it will look really nice. The new tower going up on the Santa Fe block will enhance it even further.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1907 on: August 26, 2021, 02:05:20 pm »

Now just need a building 4-5 stories to go up on the parking lot to the north of Vast Bank at Brady & Elgin.  I know Ross Group originally envisioned another phase on this site, possibly mixed-use residential.

Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #1908 on: August 26, 2021, 04:19:37 pm »

I visited the Cox Business Center recently and took some pictures of the newly remodeled east entrance.  They did a really nice job!

Exterior

Another of the exterior

Interior shots

I also snagged a pic of the new Tulsa County offices that now fill the former Community Care building.  The exterior looks really good.  The only thing I don't care for is the red marble (stone?) at the bottom.  It does not look that great with the gray color of the building. 

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1909 on: August 30, 2021, 10:34:58 am »

Construction progress at Phase 2 of Village Flats at 7th & Peoria

Rendering of the restaurant space with outdoor seating overlooking the pond

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1910 on: September 09, 2021, 03:23:18 pm »

I finally got a call back the other day from the View apartments. They are set to start moving people in starting in November apparently. Initial leasing deals running through January. They start at around $1,300/month though, and are even higher on the ballpark side surprisingly. A lot of the upper floors and ballpark views are already spoken for apparently.

I looked at 111 Greenwood and they are already sold out apparently. Here's a great article about it that I missed earlier: https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/111-greenwood-mixed-use-project-nears-completion-on-downtowns-east-side/article_cd54b234-92ea-11eb-b09b-6f47ced31d70.html

Other than that, there are a few transitory openings at the edge, palace, and greenarch, but not much on the market in downtown right now surprisingly. Obviously more and more people want to live downtown and supply still hasn't quite met demand.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1911 on: September 09, 2021, 07:18:08 pm »

Good info.  There really isn’t that much rental supply coming online either other than The View with 198 units.  The Sinclair and Arco Building conversions to apartments won’t be finished until late 2022 or early 2023.  Santa Fe Crossing, the residential portion of Santa Fe Square, should be coming online in late 2023.  The GKFF project at Boulder & Cameron will have a residential component but not sure how many units or their construction timeline.

Seems like the market is ripe for some apartment projects downtown
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:20:18 pm by SXSW » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1912 on: September 09, 2021, 08:53:34 pm »

Good info.  There really isn’t that much rental supply coming online either other than The View with 198 units.  The Sinclair and Arco Building conversions to apartments won’t be finished until late 2022 or early 2023.  Santa Fe Crossing, the residential portion of Santa Fe Square, should be coming online in late 2023.  The GKFF project at Boulder & Cameron will have a residential component but not sure how many units or their construction timeline.

Seems like the market is ripe for some apartment projects downtown

I will hope for the PAC lot.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1913 on: September 12, 2021, 10:39:39 am »

A new upscale nightclub called 'Ruby Red' has opened up in the space once occupied by SHE before the pandemic. It doesn't seem to have the burlesque vibe that SHE did, and looked kinda plain on the inside, but we needed a club downtown desperately so it is great to see.

Can't believe the IDL ballroom space has just been sitting empty for a month. They kicked them out and weren't even ready to start on a project? Did the new owners simply not want that kind of business in their buildings? Even with the addition of Ruby Red, we need more nightlife downtown still. Would like to see at least two more clubs come in to give us that vitality and attractiveness to younger generations.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1914 on: September 12, 2021, 08:11:17 pm »

It seems to me that “clubs” are not as popular as they used to be and that bars and breweries have taken a large portion of the nightlife market share.  There are plenty of those options downtown though I miss Prairie, any idea what will move into their space on Main?  That being said it was nice having a cluster of clubs around 1st & Detroit and hope to see the return of something like the IDL Ballroom.

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #1915 on: September 27, 2021, 07:07:07 pm »

Anyone know what is going in on South West corner of 3rd & Peoria?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1916 on: September 28, 2021, 09:58:57 am »

Anyone know what is going in on South West corner of 3rd & Peoria?

5 story self storage building

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #1917 on: September 28, 2021, 12:35:29 pm »

5 story self storage building

Gotcha.  I was hoping for something more festive.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1918 on: September 28, 2021, 02:05:28 pm »

Gotcha.  I was hoping for something more festive.

Yeah I was hoping the residential project originally planned for this triangular site.  Tulsan had said on one of the previous pages that it will be a brick and metal panel facade. 

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1919 on: October 19, 2021, 11:31:09 am »

I think someone posted about this previously, but they're doing a bunch of work on the former Dos Bandidos. Can't tell what they're trying to do, but they've got a decent sized crew working.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org