A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:21:22 pm
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076794 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1875 on: May 03, 2021, 08:50:44 am »

21 Greenwood may be the most under-appreciated DT project right now. It does make quite the impact on this street, and the plethora of outside decks around the building will be interesting.
TulsaBeMore
Activist

« Reply #1876 on: May 03, 2021, 01:50:10 pm »

I drove Cherry Street and downtown Sunday to check out all the new construction.  Cherry Street is getting taller.  The old OTASCO by city hall looks cool.  I like the work underway at Greenwood and much of the Arts District stuff.  However, the Cain's Ballroom block made me feel extra claustrophobic.  The OKPOP museum and the huge residential building south of Cain's just dwarf and maybe even diminish Cain's.  They are not built to the scale of the block.  Usually I like eclectic and small, large can be symbiotic, but this just seems out of place.  Maybe once finished, I'll get a different vibe.  The OKPOP building is kind of pedestrian/bland looking right now.  Hopefully that's just the stage of its construction.  I drove by 8-9 construction or newly constructed sites and the Cain's block is the only one that hit me this way.  Still think OKPOP and the PAC Theater Above Cincinnati expansion should have been built in the empty lot east of PAC.      
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1877 on: May 03, 2021, 11:15:51 pm »

OKPOP doesn’t have its exterior skin installed yet.  When you’re seeing now is the fluid air barrier underneath which is a beige color.  It will be a lot more colorful when it’s complete

TulsaBeMore
Activist

« Reply #1878 on: May 03, 2021, 11:32:21 pm »

OKPOP doesn’t have its exterior skin installed yet.  When you’re seeing now is the fluid air barrier underneath which is a beige color.  It will be a lot more colorful when it’s complete

I should have qualified my take --- I've always liked the renderings.  I might have liked the original concept renderings best.  I can't wait to see the stories told.   
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1879 on: May 14, 2021, 12:30:30 pm »

411 Greenwood looks pretty sharp and just about ready to take residents:

The new walkway behind the ballpark is almost done. I worry this will become just another encampment before long though...
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #1880 on: May 14, 2021, 02:20:44 pm »

The new walkway behind the ballpark is almost done. I worry this will become just another encampment before long though...

For now, the homeless seem pretty comfortable on Archer next to the new juvenile justice center.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1881 on: May 14, 2021, 03:37:55 pm »

For now, the homeless seem pretty comfortable on Archer next to the new juvenile justice center.

That's where many of the the services are for the homeless.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1882 on: May 16, 2021, 09:09:32 am »

I'd like to see the Greenwood walkway eventually extended further west to connect to the Katy Trailhead at Denver Ave. 

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1883 on: June 05, 2021, 08:34:19 am »

The Hiland Dairy is closing on Denver.  Interested to see what happens with that site.  Kinda sad to see some of these industrial uses no longer operating downtown.

https://ktul.com/news/local/hiland-dairy-closes-plant-in-tulsa

TulsaBeMore
Activist

« Reply #1884 on: June 06, 2021, 05:35:38 pm »

The Hiland Dairy is closing on Denver.  Interested to see what happens with that site.  Kinda sad to see some of these industrial uses no longer operating downtown.

https://ktul.com/news/local/hiland-dairy-closes-plant-in-tulsa

I hope they are able to maintain the old white-painted main buildings and turn them into something (non-law/jail/court related) as opposed to scraping the site.  It has potential.  When did it become Hiland anyway?  Last time I noticed it was Oak Farms and Borden.  Hiland bought Dean Foods dairies and already had more modern, larger facilities in Chandler (remember FarmFresh?), Norman and their HQs in Springfield, MO.  I believe this will be the first time in 100 or so years Tulsa proper will be without a dairy.     
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1885 on: June 17, 2021, 11:39:55 pm »

Price Family Properties is planning to redevelop the Arco
building at 6th & Cincinnati into apartments

https://www.newson6.com/story/60cbcb4cf894220bfdba4f11/tulsa-company-to-transform-arco-building-into-apartments-preserve-art-deco-history-

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1886 on: June 18, 2021, 08:14:20 am »

Large mural starting on the parking garage/retail shops on main and 4th. They've put some serious money in upgrading this building. Redid the lights and windows I believe. 

As a side note, I stopped by Cherry St Kitchen on 5th and Boulder this morning and it was bustling. Was great to feel the energy in downtown.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1887 on: June 18, 2021, 09:07:15 am »

^That's great, because that has always been such a ugly blank wall. This street is kind of dominated by parking garages now, but at least they are being made to look a little more snazzy.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1888 on: June 18, 2021, 09:16:06 am »

Wonder who got the mural job.  I put in our application to do it and thought we had a pretty good chance according to the criteria they put fourth, but didn't even seem to be a contender.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #1889 on: July 14, 2021, 01:32:35 pm »

Building across from Veterans Park becoming a boutique hotel. Great location, should be a nice project.

https://www.newson6.com/story/60ee0fbb5691cb0bf7de1132/tulsa-rising:-local-team-renovating-old-building-into-boutique-hotel-?fbclid=IwAR0c-9wmRrQERnDTTwf3mKSuBqfcJ8e-dwAd4IXCyQB8bpodI4tgHt3GPVk
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org