A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:33:09 am
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076685 times)
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #1785 on: January 14, 2021, 01:04:18 pm »

I know of at least two and a half additional floors being vacated at Williams' request, so there is definitely something going on with BOK and Williams taking more floors, I think.

Besides Conner & Winters?

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #1786 on: January 14, 2021, 01:15:00 pm »

Besides Conner & Winters?

No, that's who I'm referring to, vacated as of Dec 31.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1787 on: January 14, 2021, 09:57:00 pm »

No, that's who I'm referring to, vacated as of Dec 31.

What building did Conners & Winter move to?

I kind of figured BOK would try to consolidate all their space into the tower with WPX leaving.. it will line up on them taking several floors since they are vacating space in I & II towers, that lease expires soon.

Other big fish in the main tower is Magellan - they also have space in city hall and had been in expansion mode for a while a few years ago so I wonder if they'll be taking anymore space too. Seems like they've been pretty healthy through the ups & downs. Frankly, they might be a good candidate to take all of the WPX tower. I believe they're in around 200,000 sq. ft. between City Hall and the tower.

Anyone had any idea where some of the agencies are moving out of the buildings the VA hospital is going into? I know there was an RPF someone posted here sometime last year.

I wonder if the city would cut a deal with the state to keep those employees downtown. Magellan move into the WPX building and the state take over their old space in City Hall. Would be a plus for the CBD office market if something like this happens (not that it will) just speculation.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #1788 on: January 15, 2021, 08:56:56 am »

Conner & Winters moved back to First Place Tower

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #1789 on: January 15, 2021, 09:45:47 am »

Conner & Winters moved back to First Place Tower

I’m not sure this was at Williams’ request. I wouldn’t give the Williams property management group too much credit.... I’ve heard secondhand their leadership is not too popular among tenants.

Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #1790 on: January 15, 2021, 10:02:53 am »

What building did Conners & Winter move to?

I kind of figured BOK would try to consolidate all their space into the tower with WPX leaving.. it will line up on them taking several floors since they are vacating space in I & II towers, that lease expires soon.

Other big fish in the main tower is Magellan - they also have space in city hall and had been in expansion mode for a while a few years ago so I wonder if they'll be taking anymore space too. Seems like they've been pretty healthy through the ups & downs. Frankly, they might be a good candidate to take all of the WPX tower. I believe they're in around 200,000 sq. ft. between City Hall and the tower.

I think BOK already left Williams Center Towers I & II, at the end of 2019, and has already consolidated their space into the Tower.  (Their lease at I & II originally ended at the end of this year, but my understanding is they terminated early.)  And that lines up with the expansion of their lease in BOK Tower in mid-2019. BOK previously had 226,000 square feet in BOK Tower and in mid-2019 they entered into a new lease and added 113,144 square feet.  I would not imagine that BOK would be looking for additional space any time real soon.

Does anyone know who previously occupied floors 18, 19, and 22-24?   EDIT:  Newfield Exploration was formerly in at least part of that space.

I too was thinking Magellan might be a candidate to occupy the new WPX Building.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:05:09 am by Oil Capital » Logged

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #1791 on: January 15, 2021, 10:20:11 am »

I think BOK already left Williams Center Towers I & II, at the end of 2019, and has already consolidated their space into the Tower.  (Their lease at I & II originally ended at the end of this year, but my understanding is they terminated early.)  And that lines up with the expansion of their lease in BOK Tower in mid-2019. BOK previously had 226,000 square feet in BOK Tower and in mid-2019 they entered into a new lease and added 113,144 square feet.  I would not imagine that BOK would be looking for additional space any time real soon.

Does anyone know who previously occupied floors 18, 19, and 22-24?   EDIT:  Newfield Exploration was formerly in at least part of that space.

I too was thinking Magellan might be a candidate to occupy the new WPX Building.

Yes this lines up with when BOK decided to leave their HQ building plans on the drawing board. It was when Newfield closed up shop in Tulsa and thus opened up space that BOK could move into without building new.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #1792 on: January 15, 2021, 11:00:20 am »

I’m not sure this was at Williams’ request. I wouldn’t give the Williams property management group too much credit.... I’ve heard secondhand their leadership is not too popular among tenants.

Yeah, I'm a little skeptical about whether this move was at Williams' request...  We have approximately 9 1/2 stories of the Tower currently being vacated . . .
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 11:01:52 am by Oil Capital » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1793 on: January 15, 2021, 11:39:42 am »

Anyone had any idea where some of the agencies are moving out of the buildings the VA hospital is going into? I know there was an RPF someone posted here sometime last year.

Some are moving to a 6 story building the state has purchased at 201 W 5th.  Not sure how many that are currently downtown are staying downtown or moving to other locations with the VA moving in.  Seems like a net benefit for downtown though, especially as the VA and OSU Med Center grow over time. 

https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/state-land-office-working-to-purchase-downtown-tulsa-office-building/article_02b175e8-3bca-11eb-a4a9-2b355385667c.html

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1794 on: January 15, 2021, 12:22:18 pm »

Williams is definitely consolidating their BOK/WRC footprint and moving more employees to floors in the Tower. There's going to be a lot of work going on in the tower in the nearish future.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #1795 on: January 15, 2021, 01:45:04 pm »

Williams is definitely consolidating their BOK/WRC footprint and moving more employees to floors in the Tower. There's going to be a lot of work going on in the tower in the nearish future.

I've never seen a company do more remodeling of space and shuffling of employees than Williams.

Any idea why they would be moving employees from the WRC into the Tower?  Do they have new plans for the WRC space?

Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #1796 on: January 15, 2021, 02:45:12 pm »

I've never seen a company do more remodeling of space and shuffling of employees than Williams.

Any idea why they would be moving employees from the WRC into the Tower?  Do they have new plans for the WRC space?

Bring back Williams Center Forum!  Wink Grin
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1797 on: January 15, 2021, 03:11:09 pm »

Bring back Williams Center Forum!  Wink Grin

Or tear it down and allow Main to go through from 1st to 2nd, and build a new building in the future on the new block-sized lot between Main, Boulder, 1st and 2nd.  

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1798 on: January 16, 2021, 01:00:06 pm »

Some are moving to a 6 story building the state has purchased at 201 W 5th.  Not sure how many that are currently downtown are staying downtown or moving to other locations with the VA moving in.  Seems like a net benefit for downtown though, especially as the VA and OSU Med Center grow over time. 

https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/state-land-office-working-to-purchase-downtown-tulsa-office-building/article_02b175e8-3bca-11eb-a4a9-2b355385667c.html

That's right, I forgot about that. Seems like a big chunk of them will at least remain downtown then. I think that'd be a good reuse of that building too it's been mostly vacant for a while and just needs some cap ex to make it functional again. I was always worried this one would get knocked over given it's pretty ugly and is already surrounded by parking lots. It does play a role in the street wall for 5th though so I'm glad it survived.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1799 on: January 16, 2021, 01:04:07 pm »

Or tear it down and allow Main to go through from 1st to 2nd, and build a new building in the future on the new block-sized lot between Main, Boulder, 1st and 2nd.  

I've had this same thought too - would love to see the old Forum space knocked down and reconnect some of the street grid and pedestrian access. The old Forum creates a huge pedestrian barrier between the CBD and the Arts district north.

If Williams was able to consolidate in the tower and then redevelop the Forum and parking lots they own too next door that'd be pretty great for downtown. Not sure if that will ever happen though.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org